Crime
NSCDC Issues Operating License to UNIMAID, 18 Other New Private Guard Companies
NSCDC Issues Operating License to UNIMAID, 18 Other New Private Guard Companies
By: Michael Mike
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has issued operating licences to 19 Private Guard Companies including a security company owned by University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID).
Commandant General of the Corps, Dr. Ahmed Audi while giving the newly registered companies their operating license, charged them to contribute their quota to the fight against insecurity by providing credible intelligence and information to the Corps and other security agencies.
He said that as a way out of the nation’s insecurity, all hands must be on deck to profer solutions to the security challenges confronting the nation.
Audi explained that the Act of Parliament empowers the Corps to monitor, supervise, licence and train operators of Private Guard Companies (PGC).
He however warned them to adhere strictly to the guidelines and conditions of operation and warned against the transfer of operating licences.
He cautioned them on the use of fire arms, impersonation of security agencies uniforms, ranks and other accoutrements.
The CG encouraged the new operators to ensure regular training and retraining of their guards while at the same time placing high premium on staff welfare to discourage compromise or connivance with criminals.
According to him, “the Corps will frown at any company that does not take care of its staff.”
“Operators should be mindful of undercutting to the detriment of the operatives.”
He commended the University of Maiduguri for taking a bold step to register its in-house security company and called on other academic institutions, banks, churches among others to emulate such good example.
This charge became necessary as the Corps plans to clamp down on violators and illegal operators of PGCs across the country.
Also Read: Senate President congratulates APC National Chairman, Adamu…
The Corps is to also seal up unlicensed and invalid PGCs in operation.
Earlier in his remark, the National President, Association of License Private Security Practitioners of Nigeria (ALPSPN) represented by ALPSPN Vice President, Rev Cannon Mark Abere, tasked members to adhere to the guidelines of operation.
He stressed that the timely renewal of operating licences and ALPSPN membership is mandatory.
Responding on behalf other operators, Vice Chancellor, University of Maiduguri, Prof Adamu Umar, thanked the Corps and expressed delight for the approval granted to float UNIMAID Security Services.
He explained that, as an institution which operates in Boko Haram ravaged community, the University’s management resorted to establishing the outfit to complement the activities of security agencies in terms of patrol and intelligence gathering and report.
According to him, PGC is a child of necessity and assured that they will perform their duties with high sense of responsibility and discipline.
NSCDC Issues Operating License to UNIMAID, 18 Other New Private Guard Companies
Crime
Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina
Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 17 Brigade, Operation FANSAN YANMA have arrested a suspected gunrunner allegedly involved in supplying weapons and ammunition to terrorist groups operating in the North-West.
Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the suspect, identified as Saidu Rabiu, aged 25, from Wagini in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State, was arrested on May 15, 2026, at about 10:20 a.m.
According to the sources, troops acted on credible intelligence and swiftly mobilised to the General Hospital, Batsari, where the suspect was reportedly receiving treatment for an undisclosed illness.

He was subsequently arrested at the hospital without resistance and moved for interrogation.
Preliminary investigation allegedly linked the suspect to the supply of military-grade weapons and ammunition to several notorious terror kingpins operating in the region, including Bello Turji, Ado Aliero, and other criminal commanders identified as late Kachalla Black and Yellow.
Troops said the suspect is currently in custody and undergoing further interrogation to uncover wider arms trafficking networks supporting terrorist operations in the North-West.
Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina
Crime
Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno
Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation Hadin Kai in collaboration with Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), have arrested a suspected member of the Islamic State West Africa Province in Gubio Local Government Area of Borno State.
Security sources said the suspect was apprehended at about 1:20 p.m. on May 14, 2026, in Gubio town during a coordinated operation with local security volunteers.
According to the sources, the suspect claimed to be from Jere Local Government Area and allegedly confessed to being part of a group involved in extorting motorists along the Kareto general area.
The suspect is currently in military custody and is undergoing further interrogation.
Security authorities said investigations were ongoing to identify other members of the suspected extortion network and dismantle related criminal activities in the area.
Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno
Crime
Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno
Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of the Joint Task Force North-East, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), have neutralised two suspected terrorists during clearance operations conducted in parts of Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.
According to a special situation report issued by Headquarters Sector 1 under Operation Desert Sanity, the operation was carried out on May 15, 2026, by troops of the 153 Task Force Battalion stationed at Kirawa.
The operation involved 15 soldiers working in conjunction with 16 members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) and 24 hybrid forces mounted on 28 motorcycles.
The troops reportedly advanced to Valle general area, Ashigashiya and Gakara communities during the operation aimed at clearing suspected terrorist hideouts and routes within the axis.
Military sources said contact was made with an unconfirmed number of suspected members of the Islamic State West Africa Province and Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad during the operation.
Following a firefight, two terrorists were neutralised, while several others reportedly retreated in disarray toward the Ngoshe axis.
Troops subsequently exploited the general area but made no further contact with the fleeing insurgents.
The forces later returned to base at about 3:00 p.m. the same day after completing the operation.
Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
