Connect with us

News

NSCDC Partners SFCG In Strengthening Early Warning Response During Conflict.

Published

on

NSCDC Partners SFCG In Strengthening Early Warning Response During Conflict.

By: Michael Mike

In their collective resolve to upscale efforts to create a more safer and peaceful society for all, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and Search for Common Ground (SFCG) have entered into a partnership with the determination to fashion more proficient ways to respond to conflict situations.

The collaboration which culminated in the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at the National headquarters of the NSCDC had the Commandant General of the NSCDC, Abubakar Ahmed Audi PhD, mni, OFR, and the Country Director of the SFCG, Fatima Abubakar Madaki among other stakeholders.

Speaking at the signing of the MoU, the Country Director of SFCG, Fatima Madaki said some of the core areas of the collaboration is the utilization of the NSCDC and SFCG knowledge and expertise as both parties have valuable experience and resources to bring to the table and the management of hate speech, misinformation and rumours especially those related to security issues.

We are particularly excited about our collaboration with the NSCDC team across all the 774 Local Governments and the FCT and are optimistic that through this partnership we will track early warning signs and indicators of conflicts as well as violent conflict and take swift and necessary actions to prevent them from escalating, Madaki added.

She also expressed the commitment of Search for Common Ground to train more personnel of the NSCDC on the Early Warning Early Response mechanism which she explained will equip the personnel with the requisite tools and knowledge needed to effectively respond to conflicts and contribute to peace-building.

In his remarks, the Commandant General NSCDC, Abubakar Ahmed Audi PhD, mni, OFR who was represented by the Deputy Commandant General (DCG) in charge of the Directorate of Administration, DCG Adeyinka Fasiu Ayinla held that the relationship is symbiotic as it will benefit both the Corps and Search for Common Ground but most importantly the Nigerian populace.

The CG stated that the Corps through its Peace and Conflict Resolution Unit has been able to resolve over 16,000 conflicts via the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanism, stressing optimism that this will bring about more impetus for better service to the people.

The NSCDC helmsman expressed delight at the training of more personnel of the Corps by SFCG and reiterated his administration’s commitment to training and retraining for enhanced performance.

NSCDC Partners SFCG In Strengthening Early Warning Response During Conflict.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights