Crime
NSCDC Set Up Panel to Investigate Alleged Extortion of Men
NSCDC Set Up Panel to Investigate Alleged Extortion of Men
By: Michael Mike
Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has set an investigative/disciplinary panel on the case of alleged extortion of its men in River State.
A statement on Monday by the spokesman of the Corps, Olusola Odumosu read: “Following the viral CCTV captured video of exploitation subsequent to a publication by an online media about some personnel of the Corps allegedly exposed while extorting money from an Independent Petroleum Marketer in Rivers State, the Corps has set up an Investigative/Disciplinary Panel to deal with the situation.”
The statement quoted the NSCDC Commandant General, Dr Ahmed Audi while reacting to the viral video, to have said that “this is going to be the last time any member of this service will be involved in such heinous crime, enough is enough.
“I will make scapegoats out of these bad elements within the system to serve as deterrent to others like them, if what is seen in that video is correct.”
The apparently furious CG, added that: “The Corps is out leading the fight against oil theft and illegal oil bunkering and some bad eggs within the service are out there sabotaging our efforts, giving us bad name and image.”
He said: “Only last week, i read the ‘Riot Act’ to all heads of Anti-vandal unit in the Niger Delta region, this time around, i will make sure that anyone dragging our name in the mud is shown the way out.
“I have given the Investigative committee only one week to authenticate the video and submit their report which we shall act on with immediate alacrity.”
Audi reiterated that, it is unfortunate and highly disgraceful for any officer of the law who ought to be custodian of Integrity, truth and justice to be seen negotiating and extorting money from the citizens they are meant to protect.
He further explained that, the Corps will adopt its internal disciplinary mechanism to address the situation and bring the perpetrators to book.
He said: “The Corps has in place internal disciplinary mechanism that usually regulate the conducts of personnel and anybody found wanting will be dealt with accordingly.
Also Read: Governor Buni, Senate President, Lawan commissions Gashua…
“The terms of reference of the Investigative panel is to conduct a forensic examination of the trending video without prejudice, with a view to identifying those captured by the camera.
“They are also to recommend commensurate punitive action for the Infringement committed in accordance with Public Service Rules.
“The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps will never tolerate any acts or conducts capable of jeopardizing public interest as well as its mandate of safeguarding all Critical National Assets and Infrastructure in the country.
“Any officer caught in violation of the Corps Standard Operating Procedure and Code of Ethics would be decisively dealt with irrespective of rank, status or nativity”, the CG assured.
He reaffirm the Corps’ commitment to salvaging the nation from economic saboteurs carting away the nation’s crude oil and other Petroleum products.
“Only few days ago we commissioned 8 gunboats in Portharcourt, Rivers State, to wage a full scale war against oil theft and illegal bunkering and we will not be deterred from protecting our commonwealth and improving government’s revenue in this sector”, he said.
NSCDC Set Up Panel to Investigate Alleged Extortion of Men
Crime
Troops Raid Criminal Hideouts, Arrest 10 Suspects in Plateau
Troops Raid Criminal Hideouts, Arrest 10 Suspects in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 1 of Operation Safe Haven have conducted coordinated raid operations on suspected criminal hideouts in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State, leading to the arrest of 10 suspects.
Security sources said the operation was carried out at about 9:00 p.m. on May 19 at Gurum and Mista-Ali communities as part of ongoing efforts to deny criminal elements freedom of action within the area.
The troops reportedly stormed identified hideouts and arrested the suspects during the operation without incident.
A total of 10 suspects were taken into custody and are currently undergoing profiling and preliminary investigation.
Security sources said the raid forms part of sustained clearance operations aimed at curbing criminal activities, including banditry, kidnapping, and other related offences across Plateau State.
They added that security patrols and intelligence-driven operations would continue in vulnerable communities to restore lasting peace.
Troops Raid Criminal Hideouts, Arrest 10 Suspects in Plateau
Crime
Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activities in Plateau
Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activities in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 4, Sub-Sector 41 of Operation Enduring Peace have disrupted suspected illegal mining activities in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 7:00 p.m. on May 19 following reports of illegal mining operations between NTV and Hirpiya villages.
On arrival at the location, the suspected illegal miners reportedly fled the scene upon sighting the troops.
The troops subsequently secured the area and recovered items believed to have been used for the illegal activities, including one long pipe, one generator, and one pumping machine.
The recovered items have been taken into custody for further investigation and necessary action.
Security sources said the operation formed part of ongoing efforts to curb illegal mining and other criminal activities contributing to insecurity and environmental degradation in Plateau State.
Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activities in Plateau
Crime
Troops Arrest Wanted Kidnap Suspect Linked to Abduction of Retired Colonel in Plateau
Troops Arrest Wanted Kidnap Suspect Linked to Abduction of Retired Colonel in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Safe Haven have arrested a wanted kidnap suspect linked to the abduction of a retired military officer in Plateau State.
Security sources said the suspect, identified as Abubakar Ahamadu, 35, was apprehended at about 4:00 p.m. on May 20 during an intelligence-led operation.
He was reportedly linked to the kidnapping of retired Col. Ajanaku (rtd), which occurred on Jan. 4 along Rukuba Road in Bassa LGA.
Sources said the arrest followed sustained efforts by troops to track and dismantle kidnapping networks operating within the area.
The suspect is currently in custody and undergoing further investigation and profiling.
Troops Arrest Wanted Kidnap Suspect Linked to Abduction of Retired Colonel in Plateau
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
