News
NSCDC Team Ambushed by Boko Haram During Monitoring of National Grid in Shiroro

NSCDC Team Ambushed by Boko Haram During Monitoring of National Grid in Shiroro
By: Michael Mike
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC)’s monitoring team for the National Grid Installation located in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State have come under a heavy attack by the deadly Boko Haram insurgency group.
According to a statement by the spokesman of the NSCDC, Afolabi Babawale, the incident occurred at about 15.40 hours when the convoy of the special monitoring squad comprising of nine officers and 71 other ranks drawn from the Commandant General Special Intelligence Squad (CG SIS), operatives, FCT Command and Kaduna State Command respectively, were ambushed at Farin- Kasa Area of Chukun LGA in Kaduna State on Monday,
while crossing from the Shiroro axis after the surveillance and monitoring oversight of the installations.
Babawale recalled that the nation experienced total blackout recently due to the collapse of the National Grid as a result of incessant attack on the facilities by bandits and vandalism of the installation by the same group of people, which led to the setting up of the Special Monitoring Squad by the Commandant General (CG), Dr Ahmed Audi to assess the state of damage, conduct surveillance activities and possibly arrest and bring perpetrators to book.
He said the combined team which embarked on patrol of the National Grid Installation from Shiroro along some flash points and vulnerable areas, however came across some stranded expatriates in the bush around Dagwachi Village axis returning from a mining site at Tutu area of Niger state, that joined the convoy in a bid to protect them through Farin- Kasa Area of Chukun LGA in Kaduna.
He noted that unknown to them, over 200 dreaded armed Boko Haram elements had laid ambushed on a vengeful mission against security operatives who they claimed had been giving them problems. And from the top of a hill located at Farin-Kasa, they opened fire upon sighting the long convoy of the NSCDC monitoring team using different sophisticated weapons.
He revealed that the Combined NSCDC operatives in the ambush however, not overwhelmed by terrorists, repelled the attack and successfully neutralized over 50 of the terrorists in the crossfire. As at the time of filling this report, about seven operatives of the NSCDC are currently missing in action and efforts are currently underway to locate them in the bush, while a few others who sustained various degrees of Injuries are currently undergoing medical treatment in a Medical facility.
Babawale said the NSCDC as the leading agency in the protection of critical national assets and infrastructure will not be cowed or deterred by any attack by terrorist or any group of saboteurs trying to sabotage the efforts of government towards actualizing the renewed hope agenda of Mr. president in ensuring the revival of the power sector for a stable electricity supply nationwide.
He revealed that in the meantime, the Commandant General while awaiting the full brief on the incident from the officers on the field described the attack on NSCDC personnel as callous, unfortunate and an attack too many on security operatives who have sworn to the defence of the country.
He reiterated the Corps commitment to safeguarding all critical national assets and Infrastructure without compromise and commended the courage, resilience and gallantry of the operatives in neutralising over 50 of the bandits despite the attack from the mountain top, affirming that the Corps is proud of them and would never forget such unflinching commitment.
NSCDC Team Ambushed by Boko Haram During Monitoring of National Grid in Shiroro
Crime
Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspects following a clash between farmers and herders in Waduku, Lamurde Local Government Area, which resulted in injuries to a villager and 11 cattle.
Sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on April 2 when some herders allegedly trespassed into a rice farm and caused damage to the crops.
In retaliation, angry youths from the village attacked the herders, injuring their cattle and wounding one person identified as Righteous Boti from Nzumoso Village.
Security personnel visited the scene and held an emergency meeting with local stakeholders to prevent further escalation of violence.
The arrested suspects include Rabo Buba, 31; Ahmadu Adamu, 20; Stephen Pwagwadi, 17; Shadrach Simon, 19; Lot Gad, 20; and Righteous Boti, 27.
The injured individuals received treatment at the Tingno Primary Health Care Clinic and have since been discharged.
Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa
News
Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT

Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected thief in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has died after being beaten by a security officer following his apprehension on April 2.
A Police sources said that a distress call was received at Karu Division about a suspected thief seen around Supreme Quarters in Karu at approximately 1:00 p.m.
The suspect was approached by security personnel who believed him to be involved in theft. When questioned, the suspect attempted to flee but was quickly chased and apprehended by civilian security personnel.
Kola Oba, a Man O’ War officer, then reportedly took the suspect into custody and subjected him to severe physical abuse. The suspect later succumbed to the injuries sustained during the beating and passed away.
The sources said that the Police detectives were dispatched to the scene, and photographs were taken. The body was subsequently transported to the hospital mortuary for preservation.
The suspect’s identity remains unknown, and efforts are underway to locate his family. The officer involved has been arrested.
Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT
News
Sokoto: Man Arrested for Killing Woman in Domestic Dispute

Sokoto: Man Arrested for Killing Woman in Domestic Dispute
By: Zagazola Makama
A domestic dispute in Sagera Ango Village, Gada LGA, turned deadly on April 2, 2025, when Ali Garba, during a heated argument with A’isha Araga, attacked her with a cutlass.
The altercation, which escalated quickly, resulted in Ali Garba inflicting severe injuries on A’isha’s neck and other parts of her body.
Security personnel, responded promptly to the scene and rushed A’isha to General Hospital Gada for medical treatment. However, she succumbed to her injuries while receiving care.
Ali Garba was immediately apprehended by the police and is in custody.
The case has been handed over to the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Criminal Investigation Department (DC CID), for further discreet investigation.
Sokoto: Man Arrested for Killing Woman in Domestic Dispute
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident