News
Oil Theft: NUJ Confers Meritorious Internal Security Award on Tompolo
Oil Theft: NUJ Confers Meritorious Internal Security Award on Tompolo
By: Michael Mike
The Nigeria Union of Journalists has conferred its Internal Security Meritorious Award on the Chairman of Tantita Security Services, High Chief Government Ekpemupolo alias Tompolo.
The national President of the NUJ, Chief Chris Isiguzo, said that the award was in recognition of the sterling contribution of Tompolo and his firm, TSSL, to the critical campaign against crude oil theft in the country.
Recently, Tantita Security Services Limited working alongside the Navy, the Police, the NSCDC, and others has, intensified the campaign against the theft of the nation’s oil resources arresting and ensuring the forfeiture of vessels used in the committing the crime.
Isiguzo led the national leadership of the NUJ to confer the award on Tompolo in Oporoza, Gbaramatu Kingdom, Delta State on Saturday.
He stressed that the country would have been in some trouble without the patriotic efforts of Tompolo.
Isiguzo said that this was the first time the NUJ in its history would be conveying the Internal Security Meritorious Award of the union on anybody.
The NUJ leader explained further that the Internal Security Meritorious was the only ward approved during its National Security Conference in Abuja and it was given to Tompolo.
He said, “Somebody has risen to the occasion and gathered an array of young men who have taken it upon themselves to help this country continue to survive as a peaceful nation, united and continue to fend for its people.
“And that is the man that has, to a very large extent, substantially, helped us address the issue of crude oil theft.
“That is one thing that has occupied our national life over time. By his commitment, dedication and diligence, Nigeria, as a country, has to a very large extent, reduced the activities of men of the underworld who have consistently engaged in pilfering, taking our common patrimony for their personal gains.
“The NUJ, having assessed the activities of TSSNL, has decided that we must accord the necessary recognition to the man who carries the flag, birthed this security organization, who has exceptionally distinguished himself.
“The NUJ has come to the Oporoza Community in Gbaramatu Kingdom to honour a distinguished son of the Niger Delta; a general in his own right who has distinguished himself, ensures and maintains an appreciable level of internal security.
“We have come to confer on him, the Internal Security Meritorious Award of the Nigeria Union of Journalists.
“In the course of the national security conference, held in Abuja, only one award had been approved and it is conferred on Dr Government Ekpemupolo.
“I’m also excited that I’m doing this after 61 years of the existence of the NUJ, this award is coming up at this time.
“It is not just an honour to Tompolo but also an honour to me too. It is an honour to all of us and what that means is that the issue of insecurity is not just the responsibility of government but of every Nigerian.
“When you provide information, and intelligence to security operatives and agencies, you have contributed in some measures to reducing the problem of insecurity in the land.
“So, it is a collective responsibility, and all hands must be on deck to ensure we address our problems.
“If Nigeria is peaceful, every part of the country, including your household, will be peaceful and that will give birth to development and progress.
He recalled that the Union’s National Security Conference meant to examine the worsening security situation in the country was attended by former Inspector General of Police, and Chairman Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Dr. Solomon Arase, the Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike, and a diverse segment of Nigerians.
Isiguzo said that a position paper of the conference on the issue of security will be transmitted to President Bola Tinubu.
In his reaction, the Tantita Security Services Limited restated his promise to end the criminal theft of the nation’s crude oil resources in the Niger Delta region.
He stressed that the country was in serious need of concerted support to stop the activities of those sabotaging the economy for personal gains.
The NUJ President had in his entourage, the National Secretary of NUJ Shuaibu Leman and Delta state NUJ chairman, Churchill Oyowe and others.
Oil Theft: NUJ Confers Meritorious Internal Security Award on Tompolo
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
News
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
By: Zagazola Makama
A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.
Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.
The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.
Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.
The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.
Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.
The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.
Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
