Connect with us

Crime

One Killed as Security Forces Repel Bandit Attack in Katsina

Published

on

One Killed as Security Forces Repel Bandit Attack in Katsina

By Zagazola Makama

A 21-year-old man, Musa Bashir, has been killed during a bandit attack on Unguwar Kanawa village in Dandume Local Government Area of Katsina State.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 9:50 p.m. on May 1 when a large number of heavily armed bandits invaded the community.

The sources disclosed that security operatives, supported by military personnel and local security groups, were swiftly mobilised to the area and engaged the attackers in a fierce gun duel.

According to the sources, the bandits were overpowered and forced to retreat into a nearby forest following the exchange.

They added that during a post-attack assessment, Musa Bashir was found fatally shot.

The sources further said the victim’s body was evacuated to the General Hospital in Dandume, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel.

Security teams have since launched a manhunt for the fleeing suspects, with intensified patrols ongoing in the area.

One Killed as Security Forces Repel Bandit Attack in Katsina

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Troops Rescue Three Kidnap Victims in Imo State Operation

Published

on

Troops Rescue Three Kidnap Victims in Imo State Operation

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 34 Artillery Brigade deployed at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Izombe, in collaboration with Izombe local security outfits, have rescued three kidnapped victims during a counter-kidnapping operation in Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State.

Security sources disclosed that the operation was carried out at about 10:30 a.m. on May 22 following a distress call over suspected kidnapping activities along the Oguta–Owerri road.

According to the sources, troops made contact with the kidnappers inside Okohia Umueju Forest, where four victims were being held captive.

The criminals reportedly fled on sighting the troops, abandoning three of the victims who were successfully rescued. However, one of the victims was killed by the abductors while attempting to escape.

Items recovered from the scene included the sum of ₦987,500, five mobile phones and two power banks.

The rescued victims and recovered items were handed over to the Nigeria Police for further investigation and necessary action.

Military authorities said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects.

Troops Rescue Three Kidnap Victims in Imo State Operation

Continue Reading

Crime

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Published

on

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

By: Zagazola Makama

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commended the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for dismantling a transborder drug trafficking syndicate involving Nigerian and Mexican nationals, describing the operation as a major breakthrough in the fight against organised crime.

The President gave the commendation in a statement issued on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

According to the statement, the operation led to the arrest of foreign nationals, local drug kingpins, and other collaborators, as well as the seizure of chemicals and illicit drugs valued at over 360 million dollars.

The Chairman of the NDLEA, Mohammed Buba Marwa, had earlier announced the successful operation following weeks of intelligence gathering and coordinated efforts by NDLEA operatives in collaboration with international partners.

President Tinubu said the successful operation demonstrated exceptional professionalism, courage, and commitment by the anti-narcotics agency in safeguarding society from the dangers of illicit drugs.

He commended the bravery and resilience displayed by NDLEA operatives throughout the operation and urged the agency not to relent in confronting drug trafficking networks.

The President noted that West Africa had increasingly become a major transit hub for cocaine, synthetic drugs, and unregulated pharmaceuticals destined for Europe and North America.

He warned that beyond constituting a serious security threat, narcotics also posed grave dangers to the future of young people, many of whom had fallen victim to drug abuse and trafficking networks.

Tinubu called on Nigerians to support the anti-drug campaign by remaining vigilant and reporting suspicious activities within their communities to security agencies.

According to him, the success of the operation sends a strong message that security agencies will not tolerate organised crime and criminality in any part of the country.

He reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to ensuring that individuals and groups threatening public safety and national security face the full weight of the law.

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Published

on

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8 of Operation Safe Haven have foiled an attempted motorcycle snatching along Jwak village in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Jwak general area responded to a distress call over an attempt by suspected local criminals to dispossess a motorcyclist of his motorcycle along the highway.

The victim, identified as Shuaibu Ayuba, was reportedly attacked by the criminals before the arrival of the troops.

According to the sources, the swift intervention by the troops forced the attackers to abandon the operation and flee into nearby bushes.

The victim was rescued by the troops and immediately evacuated to the Medical Centre in Mangu for treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to deny criminal elements freedom of action.

Authorities reassured residents of continued security presence and urged members of the public to provide timely information to aid ongoing operations.

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights