Uncategorized
One Killed, Two Injured in Suspected Terror Attack in Zamfara
One Killed, Two Injured in Suspected Terror Attack in Zamfara
By: Zagazola Makama
One person has been killed while two others sustained gunshot injuries following a suspected terrorist attack in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
Security sources said the incident occurred at about 11:15 p.m. on May 17, 2026, when troops of the Nigerian Army deployed at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Bingi received a distress call regarding an attack at Dan Jugku village.
According to the sources, troops of 1 Brigade Combat Team 1 mobilised immediately to the scene where they discovered that three civilians had been shot during the assault.
One of the victims was confirmed dead on the spot, while two others sustained varying degrees of injuries.
The injured victims were evacuated to the Bingi clinic for medical attention.
Security authorities said efforts were ongoing to stabilise the area and track down the attackers, while patrols had been intensified in surrounding communities.
One Killed, Two Injured in Suspected Terror Attack in Zamfara