National News
Our Nigeria magazine: General Buratai, Rochas Okorocha, Others Speak As 24 Nigerians Bag Award in Abuja

Our Nigeria magazine: General Buratai, Rochas Okorocha, Others Speak As 24 Nigerians Bag Award in Abuja
By: James Bwala
Various speakers have attributed the failing state of the Nigerian economy to the lack of selflessness of our leaders as well as the continuing rush by our youths and intellectuals to seek greener posture abroad.
These were observed during the award ceremony by Our Nigeria News Magazine at the Ladi Kwali Hall of the Sharon Hotels on Friday evening in Abuja
Speaking during the occasion, the Chief host and Nigerian Ambassador to Benin Republic, Amb. Tukur Buratai, has called on all Nigerians to join hands and work together towards making Nigeria a great nation.
Speaking on the theme of the award, “Nigeria is Our Nigeria: We Must Join Hands Together To Make It Work Or We Perish Together,” , the former Chief of Army staff said the event had provided the opportunity to recognise excellence and hard work, as well as to encourage those who were doing their best to contribute to the society to keep doing the good works.
According to him, “what is most important is what we are contributing to the development of the society and the development of our country as well as progress, peace and security that we need.


“Tonight, I know it’s a time to honour some of our country’s best to honour those whose work exemplifies the standards and values that elicit admiration and respect, not only from Nigeria and Nigerians, but also from the West African sub region.
“And of course, nobody and I need to use this medium to reiterate that Nigeria is the only country we have.
“So we must all join hands together to make it work and we must work towards peace and make this country better than we met it.
“There is nothing that can be compared to peace, but peace just doesn’t happen, it is something that must be constructively and consciously worked for,” he said.
The chairman of the occasion, retired Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Haruna, said the awards for those who had been adjudged to have contributed to the development of Nigeria is a good development.
Haruna, a former federal commissioner for Information, said there was the need to look back and be proud of the various sacrifices by some patriotic Nigerians towards having a safe and united nation.
Also Read: Police in Gombe arrests 109 over illegal business, entry…
According to him, “it is justified for us to put all the inputs that will preserve the integrity of our Nigeria as one and sovereign nation of diversity and a desirable country to preserve.

“We have now come a long way through constitutional development, give and take which we must continue to do otherwise, we will not be able to say our Nigeria and we want our Nigeria to outlive us.
“I think we owe it to those who have dedicated their lives to preserving this country and have continued to do so,” he said.
Former governor of Imo state and President Rochas foundation, Owelle Rochas Okorocha in his speech said he saw a new Nigeria emerging where people from abroad would seek to come and live in Nigeria.
“We must appreciate the fact that we are Nigerians. Contrary to what is being said abroad, we are divided. I want to say that Nigeria is the best and we are United people.” He said.
Taking some look at our past and present Nigeria, former Chief Security Adviser to the late Head of state, General Sani Abatcha observed that the politics that informed the taking away of Nigeria’s territory by Cameroon is one that has global links.
Major Hamza Almustapha however said ” With what happened recently where Russia took back some of its territories, this has given more ground for Nigeria to do the same in reclaiming its territories and this is a task that must be achieved in building a great country for our generation to come.”
The Publisher of the magazine, Dr Abubakar Dani, said there is the need to emphasize some of the things that are going well while speaking out against what is wrong as we build a country of our dreams.
Our Nigeria magazine: General Buratai, Rochas Okorocha, Others Speak As 24 Nigerians Bag Award in Abuja
National News
Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Four Nigerian soldiers have sustained injuries in a vehicle accident on the Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.
The accident occurred on Thursday while the troops were moving across the mountainous terrain of the area, Zagazola reports.
The Emir of Mambilla, Dr. Shehu Audu Baju, was said to have personally joined in the rescue operation to ensure that the soldiers received prompt assistance.

Following the rescue, the injured personnel were evacuated to the 20 Battalion Barracks in Serti for urgent medical care.
Community members and traditional leaders in the area have expressed sympathy and prayed for the speedy recovery of the soldiers, while also calling for the safety of other security operatives on duty.
Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau
National News
UKNIAF, NGF Advance Electricity Reform with Nationwide Workshop Series

UKNIAF, NGF Advance Electricity Reform with Nationwide Workshop Series
By: Michael Mike
The United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), in partnership with the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) have wrapped up a major national initiative to support State-led electricity market reforms.
The State Learning Workshop Series focused on Electricity Market Development, Integrated Resource Planning (IRP) and energy modelling software.
Workshops in Lagos, Calabar, Kano and Jos have been successfully completed, drawing participants from all the 36 States and the FCT and setting a strong precedent for what lies ahead.

These sessions equipped policymakers, regulators and stakeholders with the tools to design robust, sustainable and investor-ready electricity markets at the State level, in line with the provisions of the Electricity Act 2023.
Reflecting on the significance of this initiative, the Director-Legal/Head Power Desk at the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Mr. Chijioke Chuku,, stated that: “Nigeria’s electricity future depends on the capacity of our States to lead with vision, clarity, and technical precision. Through the workshop series, we are equipping States not just with knowledge, but with the confidence to take charge of their electricity markets. The NGF is proud to partner with UKNIAF in ensuring that the promise of the Electricity Act 2023 becomes a lived reality across the country.”
The sessions in the State Learning Workshops covered: The legal and regulatory pathways for setting up State Electricity Markets; Commercial models for private sector investment; Integration of State plans into Nigeria’s National IRP;
Practical training on the software platform for energy modelling.
The initiative drew from lessons learned in the course of UKNIAF’s work supporting the Akwa Ibom, Enugu, and Oyo State Governments—early movers in electricity market development—in setting up their markets.
It also drew from experience gained in the course of UKNIAF providing technical support to the Federal Ministry of Power in drafting both the National Integrated Electricity Policy and Nigeria’s first National Integrated Resource Plan, both of which were approved very recently.
With States now empowered by the Electricity Act 2023, this series is a timely and strategic effort to ensure capacity, coordination, and sustainability in Nigeria’s decentralised energy landscape.
UKNIAF, NGF Advance Electricity Reform with Nationwide Workshop Series
National News
Three killed, others injured in bandits’ attack on Zamfara community

Three killed, others injured in bandits’ attack on Zamfara community
By: Zagazola Makama
Armed bandits have killed three persons and injured three others in an attack on Galadi town, Shinkafi Local Government Area of Zamfara.
Sources confirmed the incident saying the attack occurred at about 10:50 p.m. on Aug. 27.
The sources said the bandits stormed the town, shooting sporadically, which resulted in the deaths and injuries.
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA were mobilised to the scene. The corpses and injured victims were evacuated to Galadi Primary Health Care Centre for autopsy and treatment.
Meanwhile, a manhunt for the fleeing culprits has been intensified, as the bandits escaped before the arrival of the joint forces,” the sources said.
Three killed, others injured in bandits’ attack on Zamfara community
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
Opinions4 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS2 years ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions2 years ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics3 months ago
2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift