News
Outrage as Principal, others brutalize JSS3 student to death at Al-Azhar Academy Zaria
Outrage as Principal, others brutalize JSS3 student to death at Al-Azhar Academy Zaria
By: Zagazola Makama
Tempers flayed and anger rent the air in Kofar Gayan area of Zaria, Kaduna State, when news of the painful death of a teenage student of Al-Azhar Academy filtered in. Marwanu Nuhu Sambo, a JSS3 student of the school, died Friday, 20 October 2023, allegedly after being brutally beaten by the Principal, Vice Principal and prefects of Al-Azhar Academy.
It was gathered that the Principal and his Vice paraded Sambo in front of the Assembly for missing classes. He was there and then subjected to merciless punishments including over a hundred strokes of the cane.
Quoting of the the boy’s classmates, “At the assembly, the Principal ordered that Marwanu should be given 105 strokes of cane. Thereafter, they took him to the office, removed his clothes and trousers and continued beating him with sticks on the head and back and his body”.
“The Principal later handed him over to the school prefects who continued beating him with sticks until one of his teeth fell off. It was at that point that the deceased went into coma.
“But instead of rushing him to the hospital, the prefects brought him out and dumped his body in the school premises near the male toilets until the closing time.
“Cries from other students in the school who watched in tripedation reportedly attracted other teachers who rushed to the scene where they found out that the boy has given up the ghost”.
“The school management quickly rushed him to a private hospital in an attempt to cover up the incident.
It was also alleged that the Management of the school also did not inform the parents of the student until rumors got to them that their child was brutally beaten in school and had been rushed to the hospital.
On their arrival to the hospital, the parents were told by the doctor that the child had already died before he was brought in. The Doctor confirmed that the boy sustained several injuries from the cruel and savage punishment by the management of the school that led to his death.
It has been almost 24 hours since the incident happened but no security agency had made any arrest or visited the families of the deceased. The school authority has also kept mum as if nothing happened.
It is hoped that the Government of Kaduna State, Nigerian Police Force, National Human Right Commission and other relevant Security Agencies will thoroughly investigate this matter with a view to unravelling the circumstances that led to the unfortunate death of the teenager and to serve justice to whoever is culpable in his death. This will serve as a deterrent to wicked teachers who vent their anger on innocent pupils put in their care.
Outrage as Principal, others brutalize JSS3 student to death at Al-Azhar Academy Zaria
News
Troops rescue five kidnap victims, repel attack on commuters near enugu
Troops rescue five kidnap victims, repel attack on commuters near enugu
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops deployed at 9th Mile in Enugu State have rescued five kidnapped victims after repelling an attack on commuters by suspected armed criminals.
Security sources said the incident occurred at about 6:55 p.m. on Feb. 20 when the troops responded to a distress call indicating that assailants had attacked travellers heading towards Anambra State.

On arrival at the scene, the troops engaged the attackers in a gun duel, forcing them to abandon the victims and flee into nearby surroundings.

The sources disclosed that five kidnapped persons were successfully rescued during the operation, while the vehicle used by the victims was also recovered.
It was gathered that the troops expended 11 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition during the encounter.

Security authorities said patrols had been intensified in the area to deny the criminals freedom of action and to forestall further attacks on commuters.
They added that the situation was under control, while surveillance and domination patrols were ongoing.
Troops rescue five kidnap victims, repel attack on commuters near enugu
News
Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others
Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others
By: Our Reporter
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved a special training fund for the 56 medical doctors currently undergoing residency training under the state’s sponsorship.
The governor granted the approval during an interactive meeting with the resident doctors at the Government House in Maiduguri on Thursday.

The meeting was convened at the governor’s instance to assess the progress of the doctors’ training and address any challenges hindering their seamless progression in their various places of primary assignments.
Beyond approving the training fund, Zulum also approved the immediate implementation of promotional benefits for all resident doctors due for career progression.
He directed that the promotions be implemented with immediate effect and that all arrears be paid to the beneficiaries, dating back to the effective date of their promotions.
The governor also directed the Borno State Hospital Management Board to organise a similar interaction with other medical doctors in the state who are not undergoing residency training.

He reiterated that the welfare of all health workers in the state remained a top priority for his administration, stressing that a motivated workforce is essential for delivering quality healthcare services to the people of Borno.
“My administration is committed to creating an enabling environment for our health professionals. We understand that without their dedication, we cannot achieve the needed health coverage we desire for our citizens,” the governor stated.
The meeting was attended by key stakeholders in the health sector, including the Commissioner for Health, Professor Baba Mallam Gana; the chairman of the State Hospital Management Board, Dr Joseph Jatau; and the Chief Medical Director, Professor Abubakar Kullima.

Also in attendance were the acting Chief of Staff, Dr Babagana Mustapha Mallumbe; the Chief Adviser to the Governor, Dr Mairo Mandara, the Executive Director, Borno State Primary Healthcare Development Board, Professor Arab Alhaji Mohammed and the Chief Medical Director of the Kashim Ibrahim University Teaching Hospital, Prof. Ibrahim Musa Kida.
Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others
News
Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges
Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges
The Kolga Youth Progressive Alliance has raised perturbing concerns of Mrs Ebizi Brown Ndiomu, member representing Sagbama Constituency || desperateness for consideration as Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State.
The state lawmaker rumoured for possible nomination, consideration for the replacement of the departed deputy governor, has been modelling around the Honorable Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri in Abuja.
A statement issued on Friday by the group spokesman, Comrade Tony Alazigha, the group described Mrs Ebizi Brown adulterous demeanor to be ascribed as desperate measures for consideration, and replacement of the departed deputy governor.
According to the group, Ebizi who shares a good working relationship with the Governor, Senator Douye Diri had ought to concentrate on the established relationship with the governor rather than adulterously running around Heineken Lokpobiri.
The adulterous, scandalous conduct of the honorable member modelling around politicians for consideration of the office of the deputy governor, will dent the image and reputation of the governor and the government.
The group spokesman demanding the general public to be watchful, stated that Kolga leaders who are relations to Mrs Ebizi Brown, are the people desperately pushing for the nomination of the lawmaker to deputize the Governor, Senator Diri.
He said the Kolga leaders pushing for Mrs Ebizi nomination as deputy, are leaders whom Governor Douye Diri has munificently made billions, but not satisfied because they want to control the government, and the leadership structure of the state.
The group cautioned Senator Douye Diri to dismiss the consideration of the Sagbama lawmaker for the replacement of the departed deputy governor, Mr Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo.
“The office of the deputy governor demands capacitated individual of reliability, trustworthy, hardworking, resourcefulness, competence, and not adulterous character displayed by the lawmaker from Sagbama.
“Is it the honorable minister working for governorship ambition that will nominate her or the governor whom she share good working relationship.
“Even in Sagbama local government area, there more competent, reliable individuals working closely with the governor that are worthy to deputize Governor Diri, and definitely not adulterous, unreliable Ebizi Brown.
The group urged Senator Diri to look inward in Sagbama for competent, dependable, trustworthy individual that will prioritize Bayelsans before personal interest to deputize him.
Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
