Connect with us

News

Palestine Envoy Decries Killing of 29,878 in ongoing Gaza war

Published

on

Palestine Envoy Decries Killing of 29,878 in ongoing Gaza war

Raises Alarm over Impending Famine, Humanitarian Catastrophe

By: Michael Mike

No fewer than 29,878 people have been killed in the ongoing Israeli -Palestinian war, the Palestinian Ambassador to Nigeria, Abdullah M. Abu Shawesh has decried.

The envoy who expressed concern over possible famine and outbreak of epidemics in Gaza, told Diplomatic Correspondents over the weekend in Abuja, that 70,215 people have been injured and around 8,000 people still missing under the rubble since the 7 October 2023 siege on Gaza by the Israeli military began.

He said: “As of yesterday, the death toll in the Gaza Strip was 29,878 martyrs, with 70,215 injuries and around 8,000 people still missing under the rubble.

“The Ministry of Education declared that in the last 144 days, 5427 students were martyred, 5379 in Gaza and 48 in the OWB, while 9193 were injured, 8888 in Gaza and 305 in the occupied West Bank, (OWB), 97 was arrested in the OWB, including East Jerusalem. 255 teachers and administrative staff were martyred and 891 were injured in the Gaza strip.

“286 government schools and 65 UN schools were subjected to bombardments and sabotage, with 40 of them completely destroyed in Gaza, while 57 schools in the OWB were attacked and sabotaged by the IOF. 620,000 students in Gaza are still deprived of the right to learn, while the majority of students are suffering from trauma and facing devastating health situations.”

He alleged that Israel’s authorities have hidden agenda, which is to make Gaza inhabitants uncomfortable living in their homeland.

He said, “The clear policy is to make Gaza an unlivable place after the war, so that even if the inhabitants are not forced to leave under the fire, they will do so voluntarily due to the lack of hospitals, schools, universities, drinkable water, and other basic necessities for human life.”

The envoy also alleged that within last 144 days, “more than 7270 in the OWB, 228 women, 460 children, 56 of journalists and issued more than 3,800 administrative detention orders.”

He also added, “Eleven of the detainees martyred in the Israeli prisons due to the torture and ill treatment. All this is only from the OWB including East Jerusalem.
“There is no specific number or information about the detention cases of Gaza and Israel is still hiding all the information about them.”

The total number of the Palestinian prisoners on the Israel detention camps is now around 9000 including 3484 administrative detainees.

He equally alleged that more than 200 fanatic Israeli settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque guarded by the occupation force where they performed Talmudic ritual, insisting that meanwhile, the occupation authorities continue to impose restrictions on the Muslim worshiper’s entry to Al-Aqsa preventing all the young men and boys from entering while subjecting all others to be extensively checks.

He added that: “We still insist that the Israeli fanatic and messianic regime is spared no efforts igniting a religious war that if erupted will spare no one.”

Palestine Envoy Decries Killing of 29,878 in ongoing Gaza war

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights