Connect with us

News

POLICE RECRUITMENT: PSC HAS NOT ANNOUNCED ANY EXAM DATE FOR APPLICANTS, DISOWNS TRENDING DATES ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Published

on

POLICE RECRUITMENT: PSC HAS NOT ANNOUNCED ANY EXAM DATE FOR APPLICANTS, DISOWNS TRENDING DATES ON SOCIAL MEDIA

..directs Police cyber-crime Unit to investigate criminals behind this act

By: Ikechukwu Ani

The Police Service Commission has not officially announced any date for examination for applicants in the ongoing recruitment of Nigerian youths into the Constable cadre of the Nigeria Police Force.

It has therefore advised applicants to discountance dates currently circulating in the social media. The Commission will at the appropriate time not only officially announce the date for the examination but will notify applicants who were successful from the screening exercise that has just been concluded in the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja.

The Commission has directed the Police Cyber-crime Unit to investigate the source of the trending publication and quickly arrest the culprits for prosecution.

The Commission wishes to advise prospective applicants to disregard any communication or updates on the ongoing recruitment exercise that are not officially issued by the Commission through its recognised media platforms.

The Commission is in receipt of a fictitious publication on social media where 14th of February 2024 was announced as date for the examination and where applicants were warned that any one “who fails to present the NPF Recruitment CBT Exam Slip at the entrance of the exam hall Will not be allowed to participate in the exam. ” you must print your slip and be ready for the compulsory assessment “.

This directive obviously is not from the Commission and should be disregarded including the directive that “applicants have from the 7th of February to the 14th of February to check their status “.

Applicants are advised to exercise patience and await the Commission’s official statement on the date for the examination. The date will also be formally communicated to shortlisted applicants who were successful from the screening exercise.

The Commission will continue to ensure that this recruitment exercise is not hijacked and diluted by criminal elements who have continued to devise different strategies to dupe innocent Nigerian youths.

Commission Chairman, Dr. Solomon Arase CFR, retired Inspector General of Police has warned that the applicants should not be desperate so that they don’t fall prey to these marauding deviants who have refused to stay away from this recruitment exercise.

Dr. Arase assured that every candidate will enjoy equal opportunity in all the stages of the recruitment and that successful candidates will be good enough to make the nation proud especially now that the fight against insurgency and banditry is one battle that must be won in the interest of a united and prosperous Nigeria.

He said the Commission is aware of the expectations of Nigerians and promised that this recruitment will meet and even surpass this expectation. He called for patience and support and warned criminals to stay away from the exercise.

POLICE RECRUITMENT: PSC HAS NOT ANNOUNCED ANY EXAM DATE FOR APPLICANTS, DISOWNS TRENDING DATES ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights