Connect with us

Crime

Police Rescue Abducted Senior Officer in Abuja

Published

on

Police Rescue Abducted Senior Officer in Abuja

By: Zagazola Makama

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has rescued Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) Modestus Ojiebe, who was abducted by armed men along the Kubwa Expressway in Abuja.

The FCT Police Public Relations Officer, SP Josephine Adeh, confirmed the development in a statement on Monday, saying the officer had been safely reunited with his family.

“Upon receiving the distress call, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Dawaki Division acted swiftly, leading his patrol team while alerting all police checkpoints and key entry and exit points into the FCT. This decisive response enabled the successful rescue of the officer on the same night,” she said.

The police also stated that efforts were ongoing to track down the suspects, who abandoned the officer and fled into the bush in Garaku, Nasarawa State.

Zagazola Makama had reported how the incident occurred late Sunday night when CSP Ojiebe’s Toyota Corolla developed a mechanical fault near Dei-Dei Barracks. While attempting to fix the vehicle, an ash-colored Mercedes-Benz with four armed occupants stopped behind him.

The assailants reportedly searched and robbed Ojiebe and his wife of their mobile phones and ATM cards. Upon discovering his police identity card, they forced him into their vehicle and sped off, leaving his wife and their car at the scene.

Following the abduction, the FCT Police intensified stop-and-search operations at various entry and exit points to track the perpetrators.

Police Rescue Abducted Senior Officer in Abuja

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Gunmen Kidnap Several Individuals in Zangon Kataf LGA

Published

on

Gunmen Kidnap Several Individuals in Zangon Kataf LGA

By: Zagazola Makama

Unidentified gunmen reportedly invaded a Fulani settlement (ruga) in Dusten Bako Village, Ikulu Chiefdom, Zangon Kataf Local Government Area, on the night of April 3, 2025, at approximately 9:30 PM.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the attackers abducted an unspecified number of individuals, whisking them away to an unknown destination.

Upon receiving the distressing news, security forced, mobilized immediately to the scene to assess the situation.

Efforts to track down the perpetrators and ensure the safe rescue of the kidnapped victims are currently underway.

Gunmen Kidnap Several Individuals in Zangon Kataf LGA

Continue Reading

Crime

Bandits Kill Father and Son, Abduct CPG Member in Zamfara

Published

on

Bandits Kill Father and Son, Abduct CPG Member in Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

On April 4, 2025, a tragic incident occurred along the Bungudu-Duhuwa Road in Zamfara State, where a father and son, Garbati (Fnu) and his son Abubakar Babuga Garbati, were attacked and hacked to death by unknown assailants.

The attackers also stole their motorcycle. The police were promptly alerted, and the bodies were transported to the General Hospital Bungudu for autopsy before being released to their family for burial.

Later that same evening, around 1830hrs, a group of approximately 20 armed bandits ambushed members of the Community Police Guards (CPG) stationed at a checkpoint between Sauna and Gidan Kano along the Sokoto-Gusau highway.

The bandits overpowered the CPG, abducting one of their members, Asiru Dawa, and taking him to an undisclosed location.

The military forces have since launched an operation to track down the bandits and rescue the abducted CPG member.

Bandits Kill Father and Son, Abduct CPG Member in Zamfara

Continue Reading

Crime

Two Killed in Suspected Militia Attack on Farmland in Taraba

Published

on

Two Killed in Suspected Militia Attack on Farmland in Taraba

By: Zagazola Makama

The Taraba State Police Command has confirmed the killing of two young men in a suspected militia attack on a farmland in Wukari Local Government Area of the state.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred on Friday morning at about 7:30 a.m. at Mecapacynth area of Wukari, according to a report received from the Wukari Divisional Police Officer.

The sources said that the incident at about 8:30 a.m., stating that four attackers, one of them armed with an AK-47 rifle and suspected to be members of a Tiv militia group, opened fire on the victims while they were working on the farm.

The victims, identified as Masandi Moses Bulus, 21, and Mikhima Moses Basungyu, 19 – both of Jukun ethnic group – sustained fatal gunshot wounds.

Security forces swiftly moved to the scene, took photographs, and evacuated the victims to the Federal University Teaching Hospital, Wukari, where they were confirmed dead by medical personnel.

Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the perpetrators of the attack.

Meanwhile, security operatives have been deployed in the area and are working with community leaders and relevant stakeholders to calm tensions and prevent further escalation.

Two Killed in Suspected Militia Attack on Farmland in Taraba

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights