Connect with us

News

President Tinubu: We’ll Continue To Equip The Military To End Insecurity In Nigeria

Published

on

President Tinubu: We’ll Continue To Equip The Military To End Insecurity In Nigeria

** Inducts 2 new Agusta A-109S Trekker Power Attack Helicopters into NAF

By: Our Reporter

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Friday in Abuja inducted two Agusta A-109S Trekker Power Attack Helicopters into the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), with a solemn promise that his administration will continue to invest in cutting-edge defence technologies and provide the Nigerian military with the resources needed to end Insecurity in the country.

He expressed confidence that the deployment of the helicopters will add impetus to the combat power of the nation’s military in the ongoing fight against insecurity in Nigeria as well as the entire West African region.

The President was represented by his deputy, Vice President Kashim Shettima, at the induction ceremony held at the Presidential Air Fleet Apron, Abuja, as part of activities to mark the 61st anniversary of the NAF.

The two new helicopters are the latest in the list of recent military procurements, including Diamond-62 surveillance aircraft, T-129 ATAK helicopters and King Air 360i platforms.

The President assured his administration’s steadfastness in modernising the Armed Forces by ensuring that they get the best tools to perform their duties effectively.

He said, “We will continue to invest in cutting-edge defence technologies and provide our military with the resources needed to counter both conventional and asymmetric threats.”

The President noted that the purchase of the combat helicopters, as well as others that will be delivered in the coming months, was part of the federal government’s resolve to equip the armed forces to combat the contemporary insecurity challenges and protect Nigerians despite budgetary constraints.

“I am overly confident and rightly so that the deployment of these newly acquired platforms will add impetus to the combat power of the Nigerian Air Force in tackling our contemporary security challenges, not only within the shores of our Country but also in the West African sub-region.

“Despite our budgetary constraints amidst the prevailing economic situation, the acquisition of these aircraft, amongst other military equipment, is an expression of our commitment to enhanced national security. We shall ensure that every sector of our nation experiences the change that we have promised,” he stated.

President Tinubu explained that the investment in air power aligns with the broader vision of his administration “to create a buoyant and self-sufficient economy for local and foreign investments to thrive,” in order for Nigerians to partake in meaningful, productive ventures.

“It is for this reason that strengthening national security for peace and prosperity is a key priority area in the Renewed Hope Agenda,” he declared, pointing out that efforts by the military to finally wrapping up ongoing onslaught against the enemies of the nation’s collective progress are necessary in building the trust and confidence the citizens need to thrive and prosper.

“You must therefore step up and intensify your efforts at conclusively ending the multi-dimensional security challenges facing our dear country,” he told the NAF, just as he demanded discipline from its personnel in operation and “a strong maintenance culture that will enable the nation to derive maximum benefits from these acquisitions”.

Earlier in his welcome remarks, Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Hasan Bala Abubakar, said the induction ceremony of the recently acquired Agusta A-109S Trekker Helicopters is a clear testament to the federal government’s unwavering commitment to strengthening the capabilities of the nation’s military.

According to him, the idea is to enable the Air Force to combat terrorism, bandits, oil theft and other security problems confronting the country, just as he pointed out that the nation’s dynamic landscape demands an agile, well-equipped and responsive Air Force that is capable of rapid deployments across multiple theatres.

Abubakar explained that the successful acquisition of the helicopters is a significant feat in the modernisation effort of the Nigerian Air Force, saying the helicopters are specially designed for challenging operations, with cockpits that are ideally suited for training, battlefield operations and emergency response missions, among others.

Dignitaries present at the event included: Vice Chairman, Senate Committee on Air Force, Senator Austin Akobundu; Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru Abubakar; Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Christopher Musa; Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Emmanuel Ogalla; Controller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service, Sylvester Nwakuche; Accountant General of the Federation, Shamsudeen Babatunde Ogunjimi; Auditor-General for the Federation, Shaakaa Kanyitor Chira and Director General of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) in Nigeria, Zubaida Umar Abubakar, among others.

President Tinubu: We’ll Continue To Equip The Military To End Insecurity In Nigeria

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

Published

on

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

By: Zagazola Makama

Less than 24 hours after three Fulani youths were reportedly killed in an attack in Plateau state, another youth has allegedly been killed and one abducted in targeted attack in Riyom LGA by Birom Militia.

Security and local informants told Zagazola Makama that the latest incident occurred on Feb. 21 in Jol community, where suspected Birom militia members attacked herders, killing one Muhammed Sani, while another victim, identified as Faruq Jamilu, was abducted. An unspecified number of cattle were also reportedly killed or injured during the assault.

The development came barely a day after three youths Tahiru Muhammad, Jibrin Salisu and Abdulmumin Isyak were said to have been ambushed and killed on Feb. 19 while returning from Dorowan Babuje in Barkin Ladi area.

Zagazola report that the earlier attack occurred at about 7:00 p.m. near Jong Fulani community. Sources alleged that the victims were intercepted by armed Birom Militia assailants, and security personnel later recovered spent cartridges and a motorcycle and a bottle of alcohol otherwise known as Goskolo at the scene.

Community representatives alleged that the succession of incidents reflected sustained pattern of attacks targeting pastoral settlements and livestock in parts of the state in recent months.

Zagazola report that repeated cases of attacks and killing, cattle poisoning, rustling and arson had heightened tensions and triggered fears of reprisals across the affected areas while the state government and concerned authorities have done little or nothing to fish out the perpetrators.

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

Continue Reading

News

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

Published

on

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

By: Zagazola Makama

A retired Commissioner of Police, CP David Danjuma Auta (Rtd), JP, KSM, KSS, has died.

He passed away on Feb. 19, 2026, at the Air Force Military Hospital, Jos, after a brief illness.

Born on June 11, 1941, CP Auta enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on Feb. 26, 1962, and served in several capacities, culminating as Commissioner of Police in Ogun State before retiring on Feb. 26, 1997.

He hailed from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State.

He is survived by his wife and seven children. The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, and burial arrangements will be communicated in due course.

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

Continue Reading

News

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

Published

on

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

By: Zagazola Makama

Five persons have been killed and a house razed following a late-night attack on Azoke village in Ado Local Government Area of Benue.

Sources said the incident occurred at about 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 19 when suspected assailants from Akparata community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi allegedly invaded the village.

The victims were identified as Nwefuru Elu, Nwefuru Agnes, Nwali Nworie Christianana, Obasi Nwode and Nwozo Nwode.

It was gathered that the attackers also set ablaze a house belonging to one Elumu Nwokwo during the assault, heightening tension in the area.

Security personnel who responded to a distress alert visited the scene and documented evidence as part of preliminary investigation.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to apprehend those responsible, while further investigation had commenced to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Residents were urged to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as measures were being intensified to prevent escalation of violence in the area.

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights