News
Protest: NSCDC Deploys 3,500 Personnel in FCT
Protest: NSCDC Deploys 3,500 Personnel in FCT
By: Michael Mike
Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has deployed a total of 3,500 personnel to provide security in the FCT for Nigeria’s 64th independence anniversary celebrations which may likely be greeted by protest.
A statement on Monday by the spokesman of the NSCDC FCT Command, Samuel A Idoko read: “The deployment is to ensure public safety, protection of Critical National Assets and Infrastructure, protection of public and private properties and ensure that there is no form of unrest in the Federal Capital during the celebrations.”
He also disclosed that deployed are special squads including Armed Squad, Special Crack Squad (operation Adaka-su), Female Strike Force, Anti-Counter Terrorism Squad, Agro Rangers and undercover personnel.
He said officers and men have also been strategically deployed to cover all the nooks and crannies of the FCT including all the Area Councils as well as the city centre.
He noted that the FCT Commandant, Dr. Olusola Odumosu while addressing personnel at the Muster parade charged all personnel to ensure the protection of Critical National Assets and Infrastructure as well as safety of residents of FCT during the independence celebrations.
He said, “the government and residents of the FCT expect so much from the corps in order to have a peaceful celebration. The Command must ensure the safety of public and private properties in Federal Capital.
“FCT being the seat of power and the host to diplomatic headquarters of countries of the world, means the Corps must be highly professional in the discharge of thier duty to avoid any form of infraction.” Odumosu noted.
He insisted that NSCDC’s Standard Opertional Procedure(SOP) must be followed by all officers and men of the Command and that 24 hours surveillance of Critical National Assets must be a top priority.
He charged all personnel deployed to work in synergy with other sister security agencies.
Protest: NSCDC Deploys 3,500 Personnel in FCT
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
News
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
By: Zagazola Makama
A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.
Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.
The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.
Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.
The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.
Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.
The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.
Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
