Connect with us

Military

Schools Would Be Safe When All Security Agencies Work in Synergy- NSCDC

Published

on

Schools Would Be Safe When All Security Agencies Work in Synergy- NSCDC

By: Michael Mike

The need for synergy and collaboration of all security agencies towards safety of schools across the country has been reiterated.

Speaking at the training of 91 officers of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on viable strategies to keep schools secured in the country, the NSCDC’s Commander of the National School Security and Emergency Response Centre, Dr Tersoo Shaapera, said the creation of a team to respond to distress call from schools by all the security agencies is important as security of the schools is uppermost.

He said that the various teams across security agencies should be able to work together during emergency to prevent attacks on schools or confront threats on schools.

The NSSRCC Commander said that participants would be taught the basics of safe schooling, with communities and schools taught strategies to keep school safe.

He disclosed that instructors would be trained on how to educate schools to get registered with the corps to promote visibility.

He said that the School Protection Response Squad that had been launched by security agencies would help in tackling reports of insecurity in schools.

He noted that: “The responsibility of the centre is to alert the squad when the need be to either tackle kinetic or non- kinetic crisis.”

The NSCDC Commandant-General (CG) Dr. Ahmed Audi, on his part while disclosing that the experts saddled with the responsibility of the training the participants were drawn from the Armed forces, Department of State Services (DSS), NSCDC amongst others, said that the National Safe Schools Response Coordination Centre (NSSRCC) is determined to develop capacities of instructors for the safe school training programmes.

Audi, represented by Deputy Commandant-General (DCG) in charge of Crisis Management, Nnamdi Nwinyi, said the workshop was a train-the-trainer workshop, intended to enhance the competencies of instructors and facilitators.

Audi said that another safe schools coordinators course is slated for senior officers of the Corps in the North-East Zone from Sept. 6 till Sept. 8, 2023.

He said: “North Central Zone is for Sept.18 till 20 while arrangements have also been completed for a similar training in all the other geo-political zones.

“This arrangement is in deliberate attempt to decentralised the training from Abuja to states and local government areas were majority of schools are situated.

“This will also allow host communities of schools the opportunity to participate in the trainings and be better equipped to join in the fight to protect schools in their domain,” he said.

The CG reiterated that the programme is developed by the Federal Government to enhance protection of schools and host communities against violence and attacks .“Some of the responsibility of the Centre amongst others includes advocacy, awareness creation and capacity development of critical stakeholders.

“It is imperative to mobilise synergy among security agencies and to build security resilience with other relevant stakeholders,” he said.

According to him, all participants had been carefully selected after putting into consideration their level of knowledge, experience and past contributions in drill and arms handling.

While addressing the participants, he said he hoped that at the end of the workshop, they would be better informed and prepared to deliver on the mandate of preparing their subordinates for better service delivery.

Schools Would Be Safe When All Security Agencies Work in Synergy- NSCDC

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Military

TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA

Published

on

TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA

By: Samson Nantip

Troops of Sector 7 Operation SAFE HAVEN have arrested killers of a Reverend Father, Sylvester Okechukwu murdered after he was kidnapped in Tachira village in Kaura local government area (LGA) of Kaduna State.

The suspects were arrested on 25 March 2025 following a raid on the prime suspect’s hideout located at Ruga settlement in Warsa-Piti village in Lere LGA of Kaduna State. During preliminary investigation, the prime suspect, Pate Yau 33 year-old confessed to have been contracted by one Douglas Henry living in the same house with the slain priest to kidnap him.

Troops in a follow-up operation arrested Douglas Henry at Agwan Sariki Tachira in Kaura LGA of the State. The arrested suspects are in custody undergoing further interrogation.

TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA

Continue Reading

Military

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle

Published

on

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle

By Zagazola Makama

The troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA successfully foiled a banditry attack along Inono Feeder Road, near Gidan Zuma, after a swift response by security forces forced the assailants to flee into the Saminaka Forest in Giwa LGA of Kaduna State.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at about 8:08 p.m., a large number of bandits armed with sophisticated weapons attempted to block the road, likely targeting travelers and local residents.

Upon receiving the distress call, security agencies swiftly mobilized to engage the assailants in a gun duel.

The bandits, overwhelmed by superior firepower, fled into the nearby Saminaka Forest, sustaining severe gunshot injuries in the process.

Security forces recovered one Honda motorcycle, suspected to belong to the fleeing bandits.

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle

Continue Reading

Crime

Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed

Published

on

Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected hoodlum was fatally injured while attempting to escape after he and two others invaded the Nigerian Army Liaison Office in Maitama, Abuja.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred at about 8:20 p.m. when three unidentified hoodlums stormed the facility located at No. 38 Euphrates Street, Maitama. Upon sighting soldiers on duty, they attempted to flee.

One of the suspects sustained fatal injuries during the escape attempt and was rushed to Maitama District Hospital, where he was confirmed dead by the medical doctor on duty. The remaining two suspects managed to escape.

The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, while investigations into the incident are ongoing.

The Maitama Division of the FCT Police Command is leading efforts to track down the fleeing suspects.

Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights