News
“Travelogue of China” media exchange activity concludes
“Travelogue of China” media exchange activity concludes
By: Michael Mike
The “Travelogue of China” media exchange activity held in north China’s Hebei Province and Tianjin Municipality concluded on Oct. 28, 2023.
Over the course of five days, 14 journalists from 13 countries, including Argentina and Brazil, were invited to witness China’s endeavors in building a green China and the remarkable achievements in the coordinated development of the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region.
In Tianjin, the journalists visited a smart container terminal with zero carbon emissions in Tianjin Port, the Jizhou mine site ecological restoration project, and other projects that highlight China’s strong commitment to developing its digital economy while also prioritizing green development.

“I’m impressed by the terminal’s remarkable speed of construction, the application of AI and unmanned operation technologies. It’s a true testament to China’s advancements in the field,” expressed Leticia Martinez, a journalist from Argentina.
Journalists participating in the “Travelogue of China” media exchange activity pose for a group photo in Tianjin Port.
After exploring the Jizhou mine site ecological restoration project, Liliana Padilla Guerrero, a journalist from Mexico, expressed her admiration for China’s advanced technologies and their potential to benefit her own country, which also relies on mining for development.
Foreign journalists attend a symposium during their visit to the Jizhou mine site ecological restoration project.

The journalists were impressed by China’s trendy and innovative robots when they visited the Tangshan Robot Experience and Exhibition Center in Tangshan city of Hebei Province.
“I’m particularly impressed by the firefighting robots and robots designed to remind elderly people to take medications. China’s technological progress and development in the field of robotics are truly noteworthy,” said Martinez.
Journalists take pictures of a robot that can stir-fry food at the Tangshan Robot Experience and Exhibition Center.
The foreign journalists also explored Tianjin’s local specialty food, folk culture, and other cultural elements.
Aliana Abadi, a journalist from Venezuela, learns to to make jianbing guozi, or pancake with crispy fried dough sheet, in Tianjin.
They had a captivating experience during their visit to the Tianjin Folk Museum, fully immersing themselves in a cultural tour and embracing the unique charm of the city.
Juliano Dip Lencioni, a Brazilian journalist, learns to wave Zhongfan, or flagpole.
The “Travelogue of China” media exchange activity kicked off in May 2023. It was guided by the Cyberspace Administration of China and co-hosted by the China Public Diplomacy Association (CPDA) and Global Times Online (huanqiu.com).
“Travelogue of China” media exchange activity concludes
News
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.
The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.
Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.
Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
