Connect with us

Crime

Troops crush ISWAP terrorists after deadly attack on Darajamal community in Borno

Published

on

Troops crush ISWAP terrorists after deadly attack on Darajamal community in Borno

By: Zagazola Makama

Residents of Darajamal village in Bama Local Government Area of Borno State are still reeling from a bloody attack launched by Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists, even as combined troops of Operation Hadin Kai responded swiftly to neutralise the perpetrators.

Zagazola Makama reports that the incident occurred on Friday night when the terrorists stormed the remote community, unleashing violence that claimed the lives of several villagers.

Witnesses said the attackers invaded the community and opened fire indiscriminately, causing panic among residents who fled into nearby bushes for safety.

A security source told Zagazola Makama that troops of Operation Hadin Kai, supported by the Air Component, immediately mobilised after receiving distress calls from the area.

“Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft were deployed and tracked the terrorists as they attempted to flee northwards from Darajamal after the attack. The aircrew confirmed the presence of friendly forces in the area before engaging the fleeing terrorists with successive airstrikes.

“Over 30 of the insurgents were neutralised in the strikes, while ground reinforcements secured the community shortly after the bombardment,” the source said, as more terrorists fatalities are still being counted.

It was gathered that the coordinated air and ground operation prevented the insurgents from regrouping, forcing survivors of the attack to retreat deeper into the Sambisa forest.

Security sources confirmed that calm had been restored to Darajamal, adding that search operations were ongoing in nearby villages to reassure displaced residents and forestall any reprisal attacks.

Meanwhile, humanitarian workers have expressed concern over the plight of survivors who lost loved ones and properties in the initial assault before troops intervened. Aid groups say immediate relief, including food, medical support, and psychosocial care, will be critical for the affected community.

Governor Babagana Zulum and the Military High Command are expected to visit Darajamal to access the current situation.

Troops crush ISWAP terrorists after deadly attack on Darajamal community in Borno

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina

Published

on

Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 17 Brigade, Operation FANSAN YANMA have arrested a suspected gunrunner allegedly involved in supplying weapons and ammunition to terrorist groups operating in the North-West.

Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the suspect, identified as Saidu Rabiu, aged 25, from Wagini in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State, was arrested on May 15, 2026, at about 10:20 a.m.

According to the sources, troops acted on credible intelligence and swiftly mobilised to the General Hospital, Batsari, where the suspect was reportedly receiving treatment for an undisclosed illness.

He was subsequently arrested at the hospital without resistance and moved for interrogation.

Preliminary investigation allegedly linked the suspect to the supply of military-grade weapons and ammunition to several notorious terror kingpins operating in the region, including Bello Turji, Ado Aliero, and other criminal commanders identified as late Kachalla Black and Yellow.

Troops said the suspect is currently in custody and undergoing further interrogation to uncover wider arms trafficking networks supporting terrorist operations in the North-West.

Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno

Published

on

Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai in collaboration with Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), have arrested a suspected member of the Islamic State West Africa Province in Gubio Local Government Area of Borno State.

Security sources said the suspect was apprehended at about 1:20 p.m. on May 14, 2026, in Gubio town during a coordinated operation with local security volunteers.

According to the sources, the suspect claimed to be from Jere Local Government Area and allegedly confessed to being part of a group involved in extorting motorists along the Kareto general area.

The suspect is currently in military custody and is undergoing further interrogation.

Security authorities said investigations were ongoing to identify other members of the suspected extortion network and dismantle related criminal activities in the area.

Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno

Published

on

Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of the Joint Task Force North-East, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), have neutralised two suspected terrorists during clearance operations conducted in parts of Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.

According to a special situation report issued by Headquarters Sector 1 under Operation Desert Sanity, the operation was carried out on May 15, 2026, by troops of the 153 Task Force Battalion stationed at Kirawa.

The operation involved 15 soldiers working in conjunction with 16 members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) and 24 hybrid forces mounted on 28 motorcycles.

The troops reportedly advanced to Valle general area, Ashigashiya and Gakara communities during the operation aimed at clearing suspected terrorist hideouts and routes within the axis.

Military sources said contact was made with an unconfirmed number of suspected members of the Islamic State West Africa Province and Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad during the operation.

Following a firefight, two terrorists were neutralised, while several others reportedly retreated in disarray toward the Ngoshe axis.

Troops subsequently exploited the general area but made no further contact with the fleeing insurgents.

The forces later returned to base at about 3:00 p.m. the same day after completing the operation.

Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights