Crime

Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations

Published

on

Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), Operation HADIN KAI, have recorded significant operational successes including the rescue of abducted civilians, arrest of suspected terrorist collaborators, recovery of weapons, and continued surrender of insurgents’ family members across the North-East theatre.

Security sources disclosed that the operations were conducted under Operation Desert Sanity V and other ongoing clearance missions aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities in the region.

In one of the major breakthroughs, troops operating along the Ngoshe–Amuda axis in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State rescued four abducted persons comprising two women and two children.

The victims were identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali (19), Halima Idrisa (20), Umar Abdullahi (3), and Mustapha Abdullahi (4), who were abducted during an attack on Ngoshe community on March 3, 2026.

According to the sources, preliminary debrief indicated that the victims were held in a terrorist enclave before being freed following sustained military pressure on insurgent hideouts in the Mandara Mountains.

The rescued persons were later medically evaluated and reunited with their families through community leadership.

The sources added that a total of 65 abducted persons have so far been rescued in ongoing operations, while efforts are continuing to secure the release of others still in captivity.

In a related development, troops apprehended a suspected terrorist collaborator, identified as 50-year-old Mrs. Kellu Alhaji Abba, at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa Local Government Area.

Items recovered from her included clothing materials and other supplies allegedly intended for delivery to a terrorist operative in the Dumba general area, according to preliminary investigation.

Similarly, troops arrested another suspected logistics supplier, Mr. Amadu Abdu (50), along the Dalori axis while transporting a large quantity of packaged items suspected to be intended for terrorist elements.

Investigations revealed that the suspect had been supplying logistics in exchange for access to grazing areas within terrorist-controlled zones. Items recovered included packaged goods, a mobile phone, a cutlass, suspected illicit substances, and cash.

Elsewhere, troops in conjunction with local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market. The suspects were found with stolen livestock and are currently under investigation.

The operation also recorded the surrender of individuals linked to Boko Haram/ISWAP, including Aishatu Sale (20), who surrendered in Bama Local Government Area, and Hauwa Abubakar (70), who escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.

The sources said the surrendered individuals attributed their decision to sustained military pressure and worsening living conditions in terrorist camps.

In another development, troops recovered one AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a suspected terrorist withdrawal route, further degrading insurgent operational capability.

Military authorities said the sustained successes demonstrate continued pressure on terrorist elements and reaffirmed commitment to restoring lasting peace and stability in the North-East region.

The Military High Command commended the troops for their operational performance and urged them to sustain the momentum in the ongoing counter-terrorism campaign.

Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Exit mobile version