National News
VP SHETTIMA AND THE ILLOGICAL PERMUTATIONS FOR 2027

VP SHETTIMA AND THE ILLOGICAL PERMUTATIONS FOR 2027
By: Inuwa Bwala
As happened in 2023, when President Bola Ahmed Tinubu was to name his running mate, vested interests are again up in arms, trying to hoodwink or armstwist him into doing their bids.
What people forget, however, is that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a master schemer and knows exactly what to do at the appropriate time. Contrary to what many people think, he has his own game plan and can not be compelled to play to the gallery.
In the last few weeks, I have read a plethora of writeups trying to give President Bola Ahmed Tinubu prescriptions on how to chart a new political course if he hopes to achieve his second term bid in the 2027 general elections.
Many of the write ups contain permutations in the event of the emergence of a perceived strong opposition and that unless he drops his Vice President for another person, he will have a difficult task.
As a student of political history, and given our experiences, I dare say that if Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Kashim Shettima could win in the face of all the obstacles placed in their ways from within and from without there does not appear any threat to this same ticket in 2027.
I must confess that I have not yet met a shrewed political strategist in Nigeria like the President who against all permutations settled for Kashim Shettima neither am I aware of any politician who could be as loyal dedicated and determined to his Boss as Shettima has demonstrated over the years.
The game is already on, and the biggest threat to Tinubu in 2027 is indeed any attempt to shift the goalpost in the mu
middle of the game.
As far as I know, the combination has given a very good account of itself, and with the rays of hope beyond the immediate horizon, Kashim Shettima remains President Bola Ahmed Tinubu best choice
I am aware that people have been trying to drive a wedge between them by framing false narratives that are neither here nor there. So as not to embolden those who are heating up the polity unnecessarily, the silence maintained on political permutations remains the best by both the president and the vice president.
Silence on certain issues has paid off for both of them before, and it will again pay off.
When people thought Bola Ahmed Tinubu was sick and weak and may even die before the end of his first tenure, he maintained a golden silence on his health status and rather magnified it as real thereby tricking all Nigerians into believing it was true.
Now that he has proven to be healthy and strong, the voices that predicted a doom for the presidency are silent.
VP SHETTIMA AND THE ILLOGICAL PERMUTATIONS FOR 2027
National News
Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery

Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery
By: Michael Mike
In a significant move to bolster public service efficiency, Nigeria’s Interior Minister, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo has formalized performance contracts with heads of agencies under the Ministry of Interior. This initiative aims to strengthen institutional legacy and ensure measurable improvements in service delivery.
Speaking in Abuja on Saturday at the conclusion of the 2025 retreat of the Ministry of Interior, the minister highlighted the event, which also featured the signing of performance contracts by all board members.
He said: “This initiative is about the effect on Nigerians and on Nigeria as a whole.”
Tunji-Ojo during the signing ceremony, said: “Our Ministry signed a performance contract with Mr. President last year, and after executing that for a year, it is time to extend this level of accountability to each agency.”
The performance contracts, which include measurable timelines for delivery, are designed to improve services to Nigerians and align with President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, he noted.
The Minister also emphasized that this exercise is not merely symbolic but is intended to have a meaningful impact on Nigeria’s security landscape.
Challenging common stereotypes, Tunji-Ojo commended the ministry’s staff for their commitment and hard work. He said: “Some people often say civil servants are ‘evil servants.’ Personally, I do not share that view. I have had the privilege of working with some of the best people God has created here in the Ministry of Interior.”
The Minister paid tribute to M.T. Umar, who retired after 35 years of service, describing him as central to Nigeria’s passport reforms. “The story of our passport revolution cannot be told without his name,”
He further stated that retirement does not depriving your nation of your knowledge, your character, or your service.
He urged staff to emulate Umar’s loyalty and integrity, stressing that “talent and brilliance are important, but it is loyalty and integrity that sustain a career.”
Addressing the agencies under the ministry the Nigeria Immigration Service, NSCDC, NCoS, FFS, and NIMC the minister commended their achievements but called for greater efforts in immigration reforms, protection of critical assets, correctional transformation, emergency response, and data security.
He said: “Our task is to ensure Nigerians feel our impact in their daily lives through safer communities, efficient services, and systems that inspire trust,” while further reminding the agencies that their collective output contributes directly to President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda.
Meanwhile, heads of key agencies pledged to scale up performance following the retreat.
Commandant-General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Ahmed Audi, said the exercise offered a chance to review past achievements and correct lapses. “From the contracts we signed last year, we have fared very well. But of course, there are areas for correction, and that is the essence of this retreat,” he said.
Acting Controller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS), Sylvester Nwakuche, described the retreat as timely. “Sometimes when you are busy trying to improve performance, you need to take time to measure yourself. By the first part of next year, we should be able to appraise our progress,” he said.
For his part, Controller-General of the Federal Fire Service, Samuel Olumode, said the exercise was an “eye-opener” for his agency. “By the next retreat, there will be positive impact, and Nigerians will know there is a new fire service in place,” he assured.
Olumode stressed that the performance contracts were a pledge of accountability. “It’s all about signing a bond to let the Nigerian public know it’s not business as usual. We must strengthen mechanisms that make us perform and give real value to our jobs.”
Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery
National News
Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects

Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects
By: Zagazola Makama
The Kaduna State Police Command has rescued a kidnapped woman and arrested two suspects in connection with the crime in Kachia Local Government Area of the state.
Sources said the incident followed a report by one Williams Ayuba of Azara village, who disclosed that his wife, Theresa Williams, was abducted while working on their farm at Bishini village on Aug. 27.
Zagazola learnt that the operatives from Katari Division, in collaboration with sister security agencies, launched a search operation in the surrounding forests.
Sources added that on Aug. 29, acting on credible information, the Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of Jere mobilised a rescue team which successfully rescued the victim unhurt.
The sources saod two suspects, Ibrahim Abdullahi, of Nasarawa Toto, and Kabiru Abdullahi, of Mallam Tanko village, were arrested.
“The suspects have confessed to the crime and provided useful information to the police. Efforts are ongoing to arrest other fleeing members of the gang,” it added.
The victim, the sources said, was taken to Abaku Hospital for medical attention and has since been reunited with her family.
Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects
National News
Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Four Nigerian soldiers have sustained injuries in a vehicle accident on the Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.
The accident occurred on Thursday while the troops were moving across the mountainous terrain of the area, Zagazola reports.
The Emir of Mambilla, Dr. Shehu Audu Baju, was said to have personally joined in the rescue operation to ensure that the soldiers received prompt assistance.

Following the rescue, the injured personnel were evacuated to the 20 Battalion Barracks in Serti for urgent medical care.
Community members and traditional leaders in the area have expressed sympathy and prayed for the speedy recovery of the soldiers, while also calling for the safety of other security operatives on duty.
Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
Opinions4 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Columns2 years ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS2 years ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions2 years ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics3 months ago
2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift