Military
War Against Rebels at an End- Sudanese Government
War Against Rebels at an End- Sudanese Government
By: Michael
Mike
Sudanese government has said the war against the rebel group, the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) is at its end as major factors are now against the militias.
Speaking to journalists in Abuja on Monday, the Charge d’ Affaires of the Embassy of the Republic of Sudan in Nigeria, Mr Ahmed Omer Jaboul said the take over of Al Jazeera by the Sudanese force was a major victory for the Sudanese Army, adding that the condemnation of the activities of the rebel force by United States is a big plus to the people of Sudan.
He noted that the President of the Sudanese Transitional Sovereignty Council Abdel Fattah al-Burhan is presently consolidating on the gains recorded so far by embarking on diplomatic visits to Mali, Sierra-Leone, Guinea Bissau and Sierra to drum support for his government and seek cooperation.
The Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) since over a year ago have continued to launch a conflict of unmitigated brutality that has resulted in the world’s largest humanitarian catastrophe, leaving 638,000 Sudanese experiencing the worst famine in Sudan’s recent history, with over 30 million people in need of humanitarian assistance, and tens of thousands dead.
Reports have shown that the RSF and RSF-aligned militias have continued to direct attacks against civilians, systematically killing men and boys—even infants—on an ethnic basis, and deliberately targeted women and girls from certain ethnic groups for rape and other forms of brutal sexual violence.
The United States Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, in a recent statement while condemning the excesses of the militias, said: “Those same militias have targeted fleeing civilians, murdering innocent people escaping conflict, and prevented remaining civilians from accessing lifesaving supplies. Based on this information, I have now concluded that members of the RSF and allied militias have committed genocide in Sudan.
“The United States is committed to holding accountable those responsible for these atrocities. We are today sanctioning RSF leader Mohammad Hamdan Daglo Mousa, known as Hemedti, for his role in systematic atrocities committed against the Sudanese people. We are also sanctioning seven RSF-owned companies located in the United Arab Emirates and one individual for their roles in procuring weapons for the RSF. In addition, we are today announcing Hemedti’s designation under Section 7031(c) for his involvement in gross violations of human rights in Darfur, namely the mass rape of civilians by RSF soldiers under his control. As a result of this designation, Hemedti and his immediate family members are ineligible for entry to the United States.
“Hemedti has wantonly ignored commitments under international humanitarian law, the 2023 “Jeddah Declaration of Commitment to Protect the Civilians of Sudan,” and the 2024 Code of Conduct produced by the Advancing Lifesaving and Peace in Sudan initiative. This code includes commitments to allow the unimpeded passage of humanitarian relief and prevent war crimes such as sexual violence, which the RSF and aligned militias under Hemedti’s leadership have committed.”
Reacting to the US action, the Sudanese ambassador to Nigeria, urged other countries to follow suit and brand the RSF a terror group.
He said: “The allegation by American government that the militias have committed some atrocities like genocide and ethnic cleansing would go a long way in dictating the outcome of the war. This condemnation will have positive impact on the other countries to take the same step and take the same decision.
“The evidence against the militias has been shared by the Sudanese government to international organisations and agencies among them UN agencies and AU.”
War Against Rebels at an End- Sudanese Government
Military
Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno
Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno
By Zagazola Makama
The Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) has neutralised nine suspected terrorists and destroyed three carts believed to be carrying weapons and logistics during a precision air strike at Dumba in Borno State.
The operation was conducted on Saturday, Aug. 8, following credible intelligence on terrorist activities around the Dumba area.
According to a military situation report obtained by Zagazola Makama, the operation was executed during an armed reconnaissance and air interdiction mission.
The sources said the aircraft, established overhead Dumba at about 2:58 p.m. after intelligence indicated the presence of suspected terrorists in the area.
On reaching the target location, the aircraft reportedly detected a group of three suspected terrorists walking along a road and another group of six terrorists pushing three carts suspected to be laden with weapons and other logistics.
Rather than engaging immediately, the aircraft maintained surveillance and tracked the terrorists until both groups converged and came to a halt at a location inside the bush.
The nine terrorists were subsequently engaged in a precision strike, resulting in the neutralisation of all nine.
The air platform thereafter returned to the area where the terrorists had been observed and conducted a second strike on the three carts earlier sighted carrying suspected weapons and logistics.
Battle damage assessment indicated that all three carts were destroyed and engulfed in flames, further degrading the terrorists’ logistics capability in the area.
The latest operation illustrates the growing importance of intelligence-led air reconnaissance in identifying and tracking mobile terrorist elements before they can establish temporary hideouts or move weapons and supplies across the theatre.
The successful strike also comes amid sustained air and ground operations by OPHK aimed at disrupting terrorist movements, logistics networks and freedom of action across the North-East.
Military sources said the overall situation in the area remained calm but unpredictable, while troops maintained satisfactory morale and fighting efficiency
Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno
Military
Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno
Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno
By: Our Reporter
Following the clearance mission, the patrol occupied a tactical ambush position along a suspected terrorist route to monitor movement and deter any attempt by insurgents to infiltrate the area.
Military sources described the patrol as hitch-free, adding that troops maintained a high level of vigilance throughout the operation.
The clearance mission forms part of the ongoing Operation Desert Sanity V, which is aimed at sustaining pressure on Boko Haram and ISWAP elements, preventing their return to previously cleared locations, and creating a secure environment for civilian populations to carry out their livelihoods.
Sources added that the general security situation in the area remained calm but fluid, while the morale and fighting efficiency of the troops were reported to be satisfactory.
Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno
Military
Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara
Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara
By Zagazola Makama
Residents of Gummi town in Zamfara State on Thursday poured into the streets to celebrate troops of the Joint Task Force North West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, following a major operational success against terrorists in the area.
Eyewitnesses said the jubilant crowd gathered as soldiers arrived in town with logistics recovered from terrorists after a successful counter-ambush operation that reportedly left more than 100 terrorists neutralised.
The recovered items, including eight motorcycles used by the armed groups for movement during attacks on communities, were transported on an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) to the Headquarters of Operation FANSAN YAMMA in Gummi.
Residents were seen cheering, waving at the troops and applauding their efforts as the convoy entered the military base, with many expressing appreciation for the soldiers’ courage and sacrifices in the ongoing fight against banditry in the North West.
Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the successful operation dealt a significant blow to the criminal networks operating in the area, disrupting their mobility and logistical capabilities.
The spontaneous celebration by residents is seen as a reflection of growing public confidence in the military’s sustained offensive against terrorists and bandits across Zamfara and neighbouring states.
Military authorities reaffirmed that Operation FANSAN YAMMA remains committed to sustaining offensive operations aimed at dismantling terrorist enclaves, denying criminal elements freedom of movement, and restoring lasting peace across the North West.
The Joint Task Force also acknowledged the continued support and actionable intelligence provided by residents, describing community cooperation as critical to the success of ongoing operations.
Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions5 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions5 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Politics1 year ago2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift
