Connect with us

News

“We are behind you,” Zulum addresses armed forces in Damboa

Published

on

“We are behind you,” Zulum addresses armed forces in Damboa

By: Our Reporter

Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, on Saturday, addressed troops of 25 Task Force Brigade of Nigerian Army, declaring the state’s and its people’s support for their relentless fight against Boko Haram/ISWAP insurgents.

The governor, speaking at a front-line military base in Damboa, sympathised deeply with the officers and soldiers, acknowledging the immense personal sacrifice and hard work they put in daily. He commended what he described as their “giant effort and supreme sacrifice” in the ongoing battle to secure Borno State and protect civilians from the threats of Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP).

Zulum stated, “On behalf of the government and good people of Borno State. We are here in Damboa purposely to commiserate with you over the recent setback which claimed the lives of some of your colleagues.

It is an unfortunate event, and I want to extend my condolences to you and the families of all the officers and men of this brigade who lost their lives while discharging their duties. We pray to Almighty Allah to heal those injured in action as soon as possible.

For those of you who are still alive and healthy, we pray that God will protect you, give you the vision and strength to carry out your duties effectively. You have been doing very well. We have acknowledged your support and would like to commend you.

I want to once again sympathise with you on behalf of the government and good people of Borno State, and to assure you that we will do everything possible within the resources available to us to support your mission and vision to end the crisis.”

The governor was received by the Brigade Commander of 25 Task Force Brigade, Brigadier General Igwe Patrick Omokeh.

The visit was part of Zulum’s tour of communities in southern Borno. Earlier in the day, the governor met with grieving families in Chibok, where he commiserated with them over the loss of lives and property, offering condolences and immediate relief to those that
lost properties.

During the Chibok meeting, the governor announced concrete measures to protect lives and property. He noted that the state government, in collaboration with the federal government and security agencies, is implementing enhanced measures to protect vulnerable communities against future attacks.

“We are here to offer our condolences over what happened these past days in Chibok general area, especially to those who lost their lives. The situation is painful. We are here to show our sorrow over what happened.

Death comes at its appointed time. We offer you our condolences and assure you that, God willing, the issue of insecurity in Chibok will be resolved. We will provide a permanent solution and put an end to it.

We will take action. Please be patient. Our thoughts are with you, and one thing that made me happy is how you have remained calm and stayed in your communities despite everything,” Zulum said. The governor announced financial assistance of N1 million to the bereaved families and N500,000 to those whose properties were destroyed during the recent unfortunate attacks.

“We are behind you,” Zulum addresses armed forces in Damboa

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu

Published

on

Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu

By: Yahaya Wakili

Yobe State All Progressives Congress (APC), 2027 gubernatorial candidate Alhaji Baba Malam Wali MNI, FCAN, has paid a courtesy visit to His Royal Highness, the Emir of Damaturu, Alhaji Shehu Hashimi II Ibn Umar Al-Amin El-Kanemi, at his palace in Damaturu.

During the visit, the APC governorship candidate, Alhaji Baba Malam Wali MNI, said they were at the emir’s palace to solicit the prayers and blessings of the emir.

According to Baba Wali, “We are in the race; therefore, the visit was very significant. We need the prayers of the royal fathers and leaders because they were very vital and important at this crucial time.

Responding, His Royal Highness, the emir of Damaturu, Alhaji Shehu Hashimi II Ibn Al-Amin El-Kanemi, thanked the governorship candidate for the visit and prayed Almighty Allah (SWT) would guide and protect him throughout his struggle in his life.

Those accompanying the incoming governor, Inshallah, in 2027 during the visit are his deputy, Barrister Saleh Samanja; APC State chairman, Alhaji Mohammed Gadaka; and Madakin Gudi.

Others are Alhaji Aji Yarima Bularafa, Hon. Commissioner of the Ministry of Wealth Creation, Empowerment, and Employment Generation; Hon. Nasiru Hassan Yusuf, candidate for the Federal House of Representatives, representing Damaturu, Gujba, Gulani, and Tarmuwa local government areas; and others.

The emir conferred the traditional title of Mukaddam of the Damaturu emirate council on Alhaji Baba Malam Wali, mni, and fcan, respectively.

Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu

Continue Reading

News

Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos

Published

on

Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos

By Zagazola Makama

LAGOS — A fire outbreak has destroyed several building material shops along Fin-Niger, Satellite Town, Lagos State.

The incident occurred at about 6:10 a.m. on Aug. 18, when a distress call was received reporting a fire outbreak in the area.

Following the alert, a team of policemen and firefighters was swiftly mobilised to the scene.

The fire affected building material shops located at 58/196 Old Ojo Road, along Fin-Niger, Satellite Town.

The emergency responders successfully contained and extinguished the fire, preventing it from spreading further.

No casualty or loss of life was recorded in the incident.

The cause of the fire and the estimated value of property destroyed have not yet been established.

The police said investigation into the incident is ongoing to determine the circumstances surrounding the outbreak.

Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos

Continue Reading

News

24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims

Published

on

24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims

By: Zagazola Makama

At least 24 bandits were killed on Tuesday after soldiers of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), Katsina Community Watch Corps foiled an attempt to mass-kidnap persons in Gidan Bawa village, Kandarawa Ward, Bakori Local Government Area of the state.

According to a security source, the operation followed sustained intelligence which uncovered plans by about 40 gunmen loyal to notorious bandit kingpin, Isiya Kwashen Garwa, to invade the village and abduct many residents, especially women and children.

The plot, sources said, was intended to replicate the mass abduction of residents of Woro community in Kwara State, ostensibly to embarrass the government.

Acting swiftly on the intelligence, DSS operatives mobilised the Community Watch Corps, and the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) from Guga camp, and ambushed the bandits.

The source disclosed that the joint security operatives neutralised 24 bandits and rescued the abducted villagers.

Security operatives also recovered 19 stolen cattle from the community during the raid.

The source added that there were ongoing efforts to track down the fleeing bandits.

24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights