News
Youth Group Insists Appointment into Governing Board of NWDC, A Letdown of Tinubu’s Avowed Government of Inclusivity
Youth Group Insists Appointment into Governing Board of NWDC, A Letdown of Tinubu’s Avowed Government of Inclusivity
By: Michael Mike
Northern Christian Youth Professionals has lambasted the omission of any known Christian from the latest released list of members of the Governing Board of the North West Development Commission, insisting that: “This omission is a clear departure from the President’s claim leadership of inclusivity, fair representation, and equality.”
The group in a signed statement on Saturday by its Chairman, Isaac Abrak said: “We are compelled to express our deep disappointment and concern over President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s adjusted appointments to the governing board of the North West Development Commission, which once again excluded Christians from representation.
“This omission is a clear departure from the President’s claim leadership of inclusivity, fair representation, and equality. We call for Christians to be appointed to the 11 offices of the board. This is essential for fair representation, ensuring the commission’s acceptability in the region, and enabling it to deliver on its mandate.
“We urge the Senate not to inaugurate these appointees, as doing so would perpetuate the exclusion of Christians and potentially sow seeds of religious discord in a region that has made significant strides in overcoming insecurity and inter-religious crisis.
“As a group that not only supports the President but also campaigned for his election, we strongly advise him to be mindful of any actions that might hinder the region’s progress. We reiterate our call for the President to include Christians on the board, ensuring that the commission truly represents the diverse population of the North West region.
“We believe that inclusive representation is crucial for the commission’s success and the region’s continued growth. We once hope that the President will take our concerns seriously and take prompt action to address this imbalance.”
Youth Group Insists Appointment into Governing Board of NWDC, A Letdown of Tinubu’s Avowed Government of Inclusivity
News
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.
The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.
Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.
Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
