News
Youths Commend Kaduna’s Smart City Project
Youths Commend Kaduna’s Smart City Project
By: Michael Mike
The Northern Christian Youth Professionals has commended the Kaduna State Governor for successfully signing a Memorandum of Understanding with Chinese tech giant Huawei to advance the Smart City Project in Kaduna State.
This, according to the group, is a significant milestone that promises to enhance the ICT sector and create opportunities for the youth in the North West state.
The statement signed by the Chairman, Northern Christian Youth Professionals,
Isaac Abrak read: “While we celebrate this major achievement, we wish to call on the state government to ensure that this project is fully and effectively executed to benefit all the people of Kaduna State.
“We urge the government to avoid a repeat of past experiences, such as those under the previous administration led by Governor Nasir El-Rufai, which took a World Bank loan of $350 million for the development of basic education. Unfortunately, the purpose of this loan was not fulfilled as intended, and today, the people of Kaduna State are burdened with repaying a loan that did not yield the expected benefits.
“We are confident in the leadership of the current governor, whose policies and programmes have demonstrated a genuine commitment to improving the living conditions of all residents of Kaduna State.
“However, we appeal to the governor’s team, especially those involved in the Huawei deal, to ensure that the project meets its objectives: enhancing the security of life and property, improving efficiency and transparency in public services, and attracting talent and investment to the state.
“We must also learn from similar past experiences involving international business dealings. A cautionary example is the ongoing seizure of Nigerian assets abroad by Zhongshan Fucheng Industrial Investment Limited, a Chinese firm, due to a business agreement with the Ogun State government signed in 2007. The contract, which involved the construction of a park and factory in the Ogun State Free Trade Zone, ended in a dispute that has now cost Nigeria $70 million in compensation. Despite the Ogun State government’s claims of foul play, the Chinese firm has already seized three jets and two residential properties belonging to Nigeria.”
The statement added that: “These are important lessons for both federal and state governments. We must be vigilant to prevent similar situations that could damage Nigeria’s reputation and place undue financial burdens on our people.
“We believe that with careful planning, transparency, and accountability, the Smart City Project in Kaduna State can be a model for success and a source of pride for all Nigerians.”
Youths Commend Kaduna’s Smart City Project
News
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.
The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.
Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.
Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
