Connect with us

National News

Zamfara: Shuts down All Churches Or We will Attack – Bandits

Published

on

Zamfara: Shuts down All Churches Or We will Attack - Bandits

Zamfara: Shuts down All Churches Or We will Attack – Bandits

By: Our Reporter

The Christian Association Nigeria (CAN) in Zamfara State has directed all churches not to hold church activities beyond 5pm for the next three months. This is following a threat letter to the churches by Bandits operating in the northwest region of Nigeria.

The terrorists sent a letter to the Christian community in Zamfara State, Northwest Nigeria, asking them to shut down their churches or risk attacks.

The threat letter was also confirmed by the Zamfara State Police Command who insisted that they are “on top” of the matter.

Spokesperson for the command, DSP Mohammed Shehu, told Newsmen that the police were aware of the threat letter from the suspected bandits.

Also Read: China promises Africa on nine developmental strategies

He said, “Yes, I can confirm that it’s true, a threat letter was sent to the Christians in Zamfara State to stop worship and to close churches.

“Actually the police informed the Christian leaders about the threat.

“Accordingly the CP has invited the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the state to discuss security measures around the churches.

“In that regard, a special squad has been created by the CP to patrol and protect worshippers, especially on Sundays.

“Additionally, plain-clothes personnel have been deployed for intelligence gathering and to unravel those behind the threat letter.”

Also speaking on the condition of anonymity, a Christian leader , on Sunday, called on Christians across the world to pray for them.

He disclosed that the bandit terrorists listed the churches to be attacked from now till the end of December.

The Christian leader said, “Let’s pray for Christians in Northern Nigeria, especially in Zamfara State as we are issued a three-year ultimatum to close all churches in the state.

“Some churches were listed for attack between now and the end of December, though the churches that would be attacked according to the Fulani group that wrote the letter are located on the outskirts of the town, but we believe it’s just a trick.”

“Same letter was also copied to the Police, Department of State Services (DSS), Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and other security agencies and they all Confirmed receipt of the letter.

“The police in the state have directed Christians to intensify security in all places of worship, pastors’ houses, and other Christian centres.

Zamfara: Shuts down All Churches Or We will Attack – Bandits

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery

Published

on

Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery

By: Michael Mike

In a significant move to bolster public service efficiency, Nigeria’s Interior Minister, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo has formalized performance contracts with heads of agencies under the Ministry of Interior. This initiative aims to strengthen institutional legacy and ensure measurable improvements in service delivery.

Speaking in Abuja on Saturday at the conclusion of the 2025 retreat of the Ministry of Interior, the minister highlighted the event, which also featured the signing of performance contracts by all board members.

He said: “This initiative is about the effect on Nigerians and on Nigeria as a whole.”

Tunji-Ojo during the signing ceremony, said: “Our Ministry signed a performance contract with Mr. President last year, and after executing that for a year, it is time to extend this level of accountability to each agency.”

The performance contracts, which include measurable timelines for delivery, are designed to improve services to Nigerians and align with President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, he noted.

The Minister also emphasized that this exercise is not merely symbolic but is intended to have a meaningful impact on Nigeria’s security landscape.

Challenging common stereotypes, Tunji-Ojo commended the ministry’s staff for their commitment and hard work. He said: “Some people often say civil servants are ‘evil servants.’ Personally, I do not share that view. I have had the privilege of working with some of the best people God has created here in the Ministry of Interior.”

The Minister paid tribute to M.T. Umar, who retired after 35 years of service, describing him as central to Nigeria’s passport reforms. “The story of our passport revolution cannot be told without his name,”

He further stated that retirement does not depriving your nation of your knowledge, your character, or your service.

He urged staff to emulate Umar’s loyalty and integrity, stressing that “talent and brilliance are important, but it is loyalty and integrity that sustain a career.”

Addressing the agencies under the ministry the Nigeria Immigration Service, NSCDC, NCoS, FFS, and NIMC the minister commended their achievements but called for greater efforts in immigration reforms, protection of critical assets, correctional transformation, emergency response, and data security.

He said: “Our task is to ensure Nigerians feel our impact in their daily lives through safer communities, efficient services, and systems that inspire trust,” while further reminding the agencies that their collective output contributes directly to President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda.

Meanwhile, heads of key agencies pledged to scale up performance following the retreat.

Commandant-General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Ahmed Audi, said the exercise offered a chance to review past achievements and correct lapses. “From the contracts we signed last year, we have fared very well. But of course, there are areas for correction, and that is the essence of this retreat,” he said.

Acting Controller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS), Sylvester Nwakuche, described the retreat as timely. “Sometimes when you are busy trying to improve performance, you need to take time to measure yourself. By the first part of next year, we should be able to appraise our progress,” he said.

For his part, Controller-General of the Federal Fire Service, Samuel Olumode, said the exercise was an “eye-opener” for his agency. “By the next retreat, there will be positive impact, and Nigerians will know there is a new fire service in place,” he assured.

Olumode stressed that the performance contracts were a pledge of accountability. “It’s all about signing a bond to let the Nigerian public know it’s not business as usual. We must strengthen mechanisms that make us perform and give real value to our jobs.”

Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery

Continue Reading

National News

Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects

Published

on

Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects

By: Zagazola Makama

The Kaduna State Police Command has rescued a kidnapped woman and arrested two suspects in connection with the crime in Kachia Local Government Area of the state.

Sources said the incident followed a report by one Williams Ayuba of Azara village, who disclosed that his wife, Theresa Williams, was abducted while working on their farm at Bishini village on Aug. 27.

Zagazola learnt that the operatives from Katari Division, in collaboration with sister security agencies, launched a search operation in the surrounding forests.

Sources added that on Aug. 29, acting on credible information, the Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of Jere mobilised a rescue team which successfully rescued the victim unhurt.

The sources saod two suspects, Ibrahim Abdullahi, of Nasarawa Toto, and Kabiru Abdullahi, of Mallam Tanko village, were arrested.

“The suspects have confessed to the crime and provided useful information to the police. Efforts are ongoing to arrest other fleeing members of the gang,” it added.

The victim, the sources said, was taken to Abaku Hospital for medical attention and has since been reunited with her family.

Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects

Continue Reading

National News

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

Published

on

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Four Nigerian soldiers have sustained injuries in a vehicle accident on the Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.

The accident occurred on Thursday while the troops were moving across the mountainous terrain of the area, Zagazola reports.

The Emir of Mambilla, Dr. Shehu Audu Baju, was said to have personally joined in the rescue operation to ensure that the soldiers received prompt assistance.

Following the rescue, the injured personnel were evacuated to the 20 Battalion Barracks in Serti for urgent medical care.

Community members and traditional leaders in the area have expressed sympathy and prayed for the speedy recovery of the soldiers, while also calling for the safety of other security operatives on duty.

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights