Connect with us

News

Zulum approves construction of water works, roads rehabilitation in Bama

Published

on

Zulum approves construction of water works, roads rehabilitation in Bama

By: Michael Mike

Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum has approved the construction of a major water works to address problems of potable drinking water in Bama local government area of the state.

Bama was overrun by Boko Haram militants in 2014 at the peak of their annexation of parts of the country before it was liberated by the Nigerian military in March, 2015.

Zulum announced the approval on Thursday when he paid homage to the Shehu of Bama, Dr Umar Elkanemi, at his palace in Bama town.

Zulum’s administration constructed nine mega water projects across the state, including those in Ngarannam, Moramti, Pulka, Chibok, Azare, Madinatu, and Shokwari in Jere, Gowza, Hawul, Chibok, Konduga, and Maiduguri metropolis.

In addition to the water projects, Zulum announced a plan to rehabilitate Bama township road networks to ease transport and facilitate movement.

Zulum said: “Bama is one of the communities worst hit by Boko Haram insurgency; the destructions were unimaginable. However, we have made significant progress in our rebuilding efforts in Banki, Darajamal, Mayenti and a host of other settlements.”

The governor also ordered that a high Islamic college be established in Bama to streamline formal education with non-formal education and provide certification for Almajiri education.

Before his visit to the Shehu of Bama, Zulum also visited Abbaram town, a village located east of Kur Mohammed military barracks to assess the destruction caused by Boko Haram militants.

The visit was to facilitate the resettlement of people displaced for over one decade from their communities due to the insurgency.

The governor was accompanied by the senator representing Borno Central, Kaka Shehu Lawan, and members of the House of Representatives, Bukar Talba and Abdulkadir Rahis.

Zulum approves construction of water works, roads rehabilitation in Bama

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights