Connect with us

News

Zulum commissions projects by Maiduguri Metropolitan Council

Published

on

Zulum commissions projects by Maiduguri Metropolitan Council

By: Our Reporter

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum, on Friday, commissioned two projects executed by Maiduguri Metropolitan Local Council.

The projects include a 20-bed capacity maternity clinic and a computer center to enhance digital literacy.

The digital center, named after Governor Zulum, was equipped with 100 sets of computers to train youth in 13 different trades.

The trades include a Certificate in Computer Application, a Diploma in Computer Application, a Diploma in Computer Programming, a Diploma in Computer Networking, a Diploma in Computer Engineering, a Diploma in Webpage Design and Development, a Diploma in Database Management System, a Certificate in Internet Application, a Certificate in AutoCAD Application, Graphic and Multimedia Design, Database Management System Development, Software Development, and Mobile Application Development.

Speaking after commissioning the projects, Zulum commended the MMC council Chairman, Ali Bolori, for the different projects during his tenure.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Borno State commissioner for health, Professor Baba Mallam Gana, noted that while Maiduguri Metropolis executed the construction work, the State Ministry of Health provided the clinic with necessary medical facilities.

Zulum was accompanied by the Governor of Gombe, Mohammed Inuwa Yahaya, the Deputy Governor of Borno, Umar Usman Kadafur, Member of the House of Representatives, Engr Bukar Talba and other senior government officials.

Zulum commissions projects by Maiduguri Metropolitan Council

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

News

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Published

on

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

By: Zagazola Makama

A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.

Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.

The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.

Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.

The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.

Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.

The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.

Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights