News
Zulum on sympathy visit to Southern Borno..boast morale of troops
Zulum on sympathy visit to Southern Borno..boast morale of troops
By: Bodunrin Kayode
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Zulum, on Saturday, expressed sympathy with troops of the 25 task force brigade of the Nigerian Army in Damboa
His deep sympathy stemmed out of a solemn address the troops who were once commanded by Brigadier General Uba now declared missing in action by the Nigerian Army.
The Governor pledged the support of the entire state and the people to the army for their relentless fight against Boko haram insurgents.
The Governor, who spoke at a front-line military base in Damboa, sympathised deeply with the officers and soldiers, acknowledging the immense personal sacrifice and hard work they put in protecting the lives of the innocent.
He commended what he described as their giant efforts at protecting the people even as they pay the supreme sacrifice in the ongoing battle against threats of Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP).
“On behalf of the government and good people of Borno State. We are here in Damboa purposely to commiserate with you over the recent setback which claimed the lives of some of your colleagues.
“It is an unfortunate event, and I want to extend my condolence to you and the families of all the officers and men of this brigade who lost their lives while discharging their duties. We pray to Almighty Allah to heal those injured in action as soon as possible.
“For those of you who are still alive and healthy, we pray that God will protect you, give you the vision and strength to carry out your duties effectively. You have been doing very well. We have acknowledged your support and would like to commend you.
” I want to once again sympathise with you on behalf of the government and good people of Borno State, and to assure you that we will do everything possible within the resources available to us to support your mission and vision to end the crisis.” said Zulum
The Governor was received by the Brigade Commander of 25 Task Force Brigade, Brigadier General Igwe Omoke who assumed command duty this week.
The visit was part of Zulum’s sympathy tour of communities and military formations in southern Borno affected by a sudden surge of insurgent activities.
Earlier in the day, the Governor commiserated with grieving families in Chibok, over the loss of lives and property.
During the condolence session held in the govt lodge chibok for about five communities affected by the last attack on the council area Zulum directed immediate relief of N0.5m each to those that lost properties in last week’s attack.
During the Chibok meeting, the Governor announced concrete security measures to protect lives and properties of residents of the council area.
He revealed that the state government, in collaboration with the federal and security agencies, is implementing enhanced measures to protect vulnerable communities against future attacks.
“We are here to offer our condolences over what happened these past days in Chibok general area, especially to those who lost their lives.
“The situation is painful we all know and We are here to express our sorrow over what happened last week.
“Death comes at its appointed time. We offer you our condolences and assure you that, God willing, the issue of insecurity in Chibok will be resolved. We will provide a permanent solution and put an end to it.
” We will take action. Please be patient. Our thoughts are with you, and one thing that made me happy is how you have remained calm and stayed in your communities despite everything,” Zulum said.
The Governor announced a financial assistance of N1 million to each bereaved family.
The Governor later visited the 28 task force in Damboa to boast their morale.
Zulum on sympathy visit to Southern Borno..boast morale of troops
News
Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu
Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu
By: Yahaya Wakili
Yobe State All Progressives Congress (APC), 2027 gubernatorial candidate Alhaji Baba Malam Wali MNI, FCAN, has paid a courtesy visit to His Royal Highness, the Emir of Damaturu, Alhaji Shehu Hashimi II Ibn Umar Al-Amin El-Kanemi, at his palace in Damaturu.
During the visit, the APC governorship candidate, Alhaji Baba Malam Wali MNI, said they were at the emir’s palace to solicit the prayers and blessings of the emir.
According to Baba Wali, “We are in the race; therefore, the visit was very significant. We need the prayers of the royal fathers and leaders because they were very vital and important at this crucial time.
Responding, His Royal Highness, the emir of Damaturu, Alhaji Shehu Hashimi II Ibn Al-Amin El-Kanemi, thanked the governorship candidate for the visit and prayed Almighty Allah (SWT) would guide and protect him throughout his struggle in his life.
Those accompanying the incoming governor, Inshallah, in 2027 during the visit are his deputy, Barrister Saleh Samanja; APC State chairman, Alhaji Mohammed Gadaka; and Madakin Gudi.
Others are Alhaji Aji Yarima Bularafa, Hon. Commissioner of the Ministry of Wealth Creation, Empowerment, and Employment Generation; Hon. Nasiru Hassan Yusuf, candidate for the Federal House of Representatives, representing Damaturu, Gujba, Gulani, and Tarmuwa local government areas; and others.
The emir conferred the traditional title of Mukaddam of the Damaturu emirate council on Alhaji Baba Malam Wali, mni, and fcan, respectively.
Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu
News
Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos
Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos
By Zagazola Makama
LAGOS — A fire outbreak has destroyed several building material shops along Fin-Niger, Satellite Town, Lagos State.
The incident occurred at about 6:10 a.m. on Aug. 18, when a distress call was received reporting a fire outbreak in the area.
Following the alert, a team of policemen and firefighters was swiftly mobilised to the scene.
The fire affected building material shops located at 58/196 Old Ojo Road, along Fin-Niger, Satellite Town.
The emergency responders successfully contained and extinguished the fire, preventing it from spreading further.
No casualty or loss of life was recorded in the incident.
The cause of the fire and the estimated value of property destroyed have not yet been established.
The police said investigation into the incident is ongoing to determine the circumstances surrounding the outbreak.
Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos
News
24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims
24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims
By: Zagazola Makama
At least 24 bandits were killed on Tuesday after soldiers of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), Katsina Community Watch Corps foiled an attempt to mass-kidnap persons in Gidan Bawa village, Kandarawa Ward, Bakori Local Government Area of the state.
According to a security source, the operation followed sustained intelligence which uncovered plans by about 40 gunmen loyal to notorious bandit kingpin, Isiya Kwashen Garwa, to invade the village and abduct many residents, especially women and children.
The plot, sources said, was intended to replicate the mass abduction of residents of Woro community in Kwara State, ostensibly to embarrass the government.
Acting swiftly on the intelligence, DSS operatives mobilised the Community Watch Corps, and the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) from Guga camp, and ambushed the bandits.
The source disclosed that the joint security operatives neutralised 24 bandits and rescued the abducted villagers.
Security operatives also recovered 19 stolen cattle from the community during the raid.
The source added that there were ongoing efforts to track down the fleeing bandits.
24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions5 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions5 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Politics1 year ago2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift
