Connect with us

Crime

25 youths arrested as Kano Hisbah raids Shisha joints, seizes over 100 pipes

Published

on

25 youths arrested as Kano Hisbah raids Shisha joints, seizes over 100 pipes

25 youths arrested as Kano Hisbah raids Shisha joints, seizes over 100 pipes

Twenty-five Shisha smokers, consisting of 16 males and 9 females have been arrested by the Kano State Hisbah Board as part of efforts to curb the ban on smoking tobacco in the state.

Speaking to newsmen, the Public Relations Officer of the board, Lawan Ibrahim-Fagge, said it confiscated an unspecified number of Shisha wraps and over 100 pipes used by the smokers at popular joints along Lamido Street, Central Hotel, Falantino Hotel and A7 Restaurant in the metropolis.

READ ALSO: Police In Katsina Rescue 7 Victims Of Human Trafficking

The spokesperson in a statement on Thursday January 27, noted that the Hisbah Commander General, Dr Haroun Sina, has vowed to stop Shisha smoking in the state, adding that the board would continue to raid restaurants, hotels and other social gatherings in the state.

“The arrested youths, 16 males and 9 females, have regretted their actions and promised not to smoke Shisha again. So, we have released them as first offenders,” Sina said in the statement.

The commander-general explained that the state House of Assembly and Governor Abdullahi Ganduje had already passed and signed a bill banning the smoking of Shisha into law and forwarded same to the board for enforcement.

He said the board would ensure effective enforcement of the law across the 44 local government areas of the state.

25 youths arrested as Kano Hisbah raids Shisha joints, seizes over 100 pipes

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Published

on

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspects following a clash between farmers and herders in Waduku, Lamurde Local Government Area, which resulted in injuries to a villager and 11 cattle.

Sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on April 2 when some herders allegedly trespassed into a rice farm and caused damage to the crops.

In retaliation, angry youths from the village attacked the herders, injuring their cattle and wounding one person identified as Righteous Boti from Nzumoso Village.

Security personnel visited the scene and held an emergency meeting with local stakeholders to prevent further escalation of violence.

The arrested suspects include Rabo Buba, 31; Ahmadu Adamu, 20; Stephen Pwagwadi, 17; Shadrach Simon, 19; Lot Gad, 20; and Righteous Boti, 27.

The injured individuals received treatment at the Tingno Primary Health Care Clinic and have since been discharged.

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Continue Reading

Crime

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

Published

on

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

A deadly clash broke out between members of the nomadic Fulani and Hausa communities at Dan Sokoto Model Primary School in Bungudu Township, Zamfara State, during the celebration of Eid-El-Fitr on April 1, 2025.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation resulted in the death of 17-year-old Abbas Sani, a resident of Kuga Village.

He was found in a pool of blood and was rushed to General Hospital Bungudu, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel. The body was subsequently deposited at the hospital morgue.

In response to the incident, security forces launched an intensive raid in the area, leading to the arrest of 15 suspects.

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

Continue Reading

Crime

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Published

on

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Two soldiers from the 312 Battalion Kalapanzi Barracks in Kaduna were attacked by armed assailants on April 2, 2025, at Babar Saura around 4:41 PM.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makaka that three attackers, armed with sophisticated weapons, shot the soldiers, leaving one, Corporal James (surname unknown), dead, and Private Ibrahim Bazalla injured. The assailants stole two AK-47 rifles from the soldiers before fleeing the scene.

The victims were rushed to the 44 Army Reference Hospital, where Corporal James was confirmed dead, while Private Bazalla is receiving medical treatment for his injuries.

Following a coordinated operation by the military, police and vigilante groups, the assailants were tracked to Degel2, Kaduna, where they abandoned a silver Toyota Corolla. As they attempted to escape, the attackers snatched a white Toyota Venza from a civilian, Abdullahi Mohammed, of Badarawa, Kaduna.

Efforts to arrest the suspects and recover the stolen vehicle are ongoing.

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights