Connect with us

News

DTSG Gives N2M To Brave Tanker Driver Who Averted Major Disaster In Agbarho

Published

on

DTSG Gives N2M To Brave Tanker Driver Who Averted Major Disaster In Agbarho

DTSG Gives N2M To Brave Tanker Driver Who Averted Major Disaster In Agbarho

Delta State Government has presented a cheque of Two Million Naira, a plaque and a letter of commendation to Mr. Ejiro Otarigho, a tanker driver, for his display of heroism and humanity as he drove a burning tanker away to a safe place where it exploded into an inferno last week in the state.

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, represented by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Chief Patrick Ukah, made the presentation to Mr. Otarigho in Asaba in the office of the SSG.

Governor Okowa commended him for the rare display of patriotism, humanity, bravery and heroism and noted that the incident would have resulted in the death of many persons and destruction of property at Agbarho in Ughelli North Local Government Area where the fire started.

He expressed happiness with the tanker driver for his action and stated that Mr Otarigho had become the new face of Delta and Youth Ambassador for his display of heroism, adding that the state government would continue to celebrate him.

The Governor explained that what he did could not be translated to money but he should understand that people appreciated him for the action, and urged him not to stop at this but to continue to do his best for humanity.

Responding, Mr. Otarigho thanked the state government for the gesture and noted that driving the burning tanker filled with premium motor spirit away from a busy place was the best he could do at that moment to save lives and property.

He said being appreciated by people coupled with other accolades for his action showed that doing good for the public would not be in vain and thanked all for appreciating him.

Speaking in an interview, the wife of the driver thanked God for everything saying that she was shocked at the initial stage when she received the news but appreciated her husband for his patriotism and heroism.

The Commissioner for Oil and Gas, Mr. Emmanuel Amgbaduba, and his Youth Development counterpart, Comrade Ifeanyi Egwuyenga, among others, were in an attendance during the ceremony.

DTSG Gives N2M To Brave Tanker Driver Who Averted Major Disaster In Agbarho

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

Published

on

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

By: Zagazola Makama

Less than 24 hours after three Fulani youths were reportedly killed in an attack in Plateau state, another youth has allegedly been killed and one abducted in targeted attack in Riyom LGA by Birom Militia.

Security and local informants told Zagazola Makama that the latest incident occurred on Feb. 21 in Jol community, where suspected Birom militia members attacked herders, killing one Muhammed Sani, while another victim, identified as Faruq Jamilu, was abducted. An unspecified number of cattle were also reportedly killed or injured during the assault.

The development came barely a day after three youths Tahiru Muhammad, Jibrin Salisu and Abdulmumin Isyak were said to have been ambushed and killed on Feb. 19 while returning from Dorowan Babuje in Barkin Ladi area.

Zagazola report that the earlier attack occurred at about 7:00 p.m. near Jong Fulani community. Sources alleged that the victims were intercepted by armed Birom Militia assailants, and security personnel later recovered spent cartridges and a motorcycle and a bottle of alcohol otherwise known as Goskolo at the scene.

Community representatives alleged that the succession of incidents reflected sustained pattern of attacks targeting pastoral settlements and livestock in parts of the state in recent months.

Zagazola report that repeated cases of attacks and killing, cattle poisoning, rustling and arson had heightened tensions and triggered fears of reprisals across the affected areas while the state government and concerned authorities have done little or nothing to fish out the perpetrators.

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

Continue Reading

News

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

Published

on

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

By: Zagazola Makama

A retired Commissioner of Police, CP David Danjuma Auta (Rtd), JP, KSM, KSS, has died.

He passed away on Feb. 19, 2026, at the Air Force Military Hospital, Jos, after a brief illness.

Born on June 11, 1941, CP Auta enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on Feb. 26, 1962, and served in several capacities, culminating as Commissioner of Police in Ogun State before retiring on Feb. 26, 1997.

He hailed from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State.

He is survived by his wife and seven children. The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, and burial arrangements will be communicated in due course.

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

Continue Reading

News

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

Published

on

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

By: Zagazola Makama

Five persons have been killed and a house razed following a late-night attack on Azoke village in Ado Local Government Area of Benue.

Sources said the incident occurred at about 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 19 when suspected assailants from Akparata community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi allegedly invaded the village.

The victims were identified as Nwefuru Elu, Nwefuru Agnes, Nwali Nworie Christianana, Obasi Nwode and Nwozo Nwode.

It was gathered that the attackers also set ablaze a house belonging to one Elumu Nwokwo during the assault, heightening tension in the area.

Security personnel who responded to a distress alert visited the scene and documented evidence as part of preliminary investigation.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to apprehend those responsible, while further investigation had commenced to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Residents were urged to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as measures were being intensified to prevent escalation of violence in the area.

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights