Connect with us

National News

Chinese Embassy Mourns Buhari

Published

on

Chinese Embassy Mourns Buhari

By: Michael Mike

The Chinese Embassy has mourned the passing of former President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Embassy in a message on X commiserate with the government and the people of Nigeria.

The message read: “The Chinese Embassy in Nigeria extends our deepest condolences to the people of Nigeria on the passing of His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd), Former President of Nigeria.

“We mourn a resolute leader whose unwavering dedication to Nigeria’s unity and progress leaves an enduring legacy.

“His pivotal contributions to advancing China-Nigeria relations will forever remain etched in our shared history. Our thoughts are with his family and Nigerian people.”

Chinese Embassy Mourns Buhari

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery

Published

on

Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery

By: Michael Mike

In a significant move to bolster public service efficiency, Nigeria’s Interior Minister, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo has formalized performance contracts with heads of agencies under the Ministry of Interior. This initiative aims to strengthen institutional legacy and ensure measurable improvements in service delivery.

Speaking in Abuja on Saturday at the conclusion of the 2025 retreat of the Ministry of Interior, the minister highlighted the event, which also featured the signing of performance contracts by all board members.

He said: “This initiative is about the effect on Nigerians and on Nigeria as a whole.”

Tunji-Ojo during the signing ceremony, said: “Our Ministry signed a performance contract with Mr. President last year, and after executing that for a year, it is time to extend this level of accountability to each agency.”

The performance contracts, which include measurable timelines for delivery, are designed to improve services to Nigerians and align with President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, he noted.

The Minister also emphasized that this exercise is not merely symbolic but is intended to have a meaningful impact on Nigeria’s security landscape.

Challenging common stereotypes, Tunji-Ojo commended the ministry’s staff for their commitment and hard work. He said: “Some people often say civil servants are ‘evil servants.’ Personally, I do not share that view. I have had the privilege of working with some of the best people God has created here in the Ministry of Interior.”

The Minister paid tribute to M.T. Umar, who retired after 35 years of service, describing him as central to Nigeria’s passport reforms. “The story of our passport revolution cannot be told without his name,”

He further stated that retirement does not depriving your nation of your knowledge, your character, or your service.

He urged staff to emulate Umar’s loyalty and integrity, stressing that “talent and brilliance are important, but it is loyalty and integrity that sustain a career.”

Addressing the agencies under the ministry the Nigeria Immigration Service, NSCDC, NCoS, FFS, and NIMC the minister commended their achievements but called for greater efforts in immigration reforms, protection of critical assets, correctional transformation, emergency response, and data security.

He said: “Our task is to ensure Nigerians feel our impact in their daily lives through safer communities, efficient services, and systems that inspire trust,” while further reminding the agencies that their collective output contributes directly to President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda.

Meanwhile, heads of key agencies pledged to scale up performance following the retreat.

Commandant-General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Ahmed Audi, said the exercise offered a chance to review past achievements and correct lapses. “From the contracts we signed last year, we have fared very well. But of course, there are areas for correction, and that is the essence of this retreat,” he said.

Acting Controller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS), Sylvester Nwakuche, described the retreat as timely. “Sometimes when you are busy trying to improve performance, you need to take time to measure yourself. By the first part of next year, we should be able to appraise our progress,” he said.

For his part, Controller-General of the Federal Fire Service, Samuel Olumode, said the exercise was an “eye-opener” for his agency. “By the next retreat, there will be positive impact, and Nigerians will know there is a new fire service in place,” he assured.

Olumode stressed that the performance contracts were a pledge of accountability. “It’s all about signing a bond to let the Nigerian public know it’s not business as usual. We must strengthen mechanisms that make us perform and give real value to our jobs.”

Interior Minister Signs Performance Contracts, Urges Agencies to Boost Service Delivery

Continue Reading

National News

Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects

Published

on

Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects

By: Zagazola Makama

The Kaduna State Police Command has rescued a kidnapped woman and arrested two suspects in connection with the crime in Kachia Local Government Area of the state.

Sources said the incident followed a report by one Williams Ayuba of Azara village, who disclosed that his wife, Theresa Williams, was abducted while working on their farm at Bishini village on Aug. 27.

Zagazola learnt that the operatives from Katari Division, in collaboration with sister security agencies, launched a search operation in the surrounding forests.

Sources added that on Aug. 29, acting on credible information, the Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of Jere mobilised a rescue team which successfully rescued the victim unhurt.

The sources saod two suspects, Ibrahim Abdullahi, of Nasarawa Toto, and Kabiru Abdullahi, of Mallam Tanko village, were arrested.

“The suspects have confessed to the crime and provided useful information to the police. Efforts are ongoing to arrest other fleeing members of the gang,” it added.

The victim, the sources said, was taken to Abaku Hospital for medical attention and has since been reunited with her family.

Kaduna police rescue kidnapped woman, arrest two suspects

Continue Reading

National News

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

Published

on

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Four Nigerian soldiers have sustained injuries in a vehicle accident on the Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.

The accident occurred on Thursday while the troops were moving across the mountainous terrain of the area, Zagazola reports.

The Emir of Mambilla, Dr. Shehu Audu Baju, was said to have personally joined in the rescue operation to ensure that the soldiers received prompt assistance.

Following the rescue, the injured personnel were evacuated to the 20 Battalion Barracks in Serti for urgent medical care.

Community members and traditional leaders in the area have expressed sympathy and prayed for the speedy recovery of the soldiers, while also calling for the safety of other security operatives on duty.

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights