News
As PAP Deploys 161 For Foreign Post-graduate Scholarship, Otuaro Urges Niger Deltans to Support Tinubu’s 2027 Reelection Bid
As PAP Deploys 161 For Foreign Post-graduate Scholarship, Otuaro Urges Niger Deltans to Support Tinubu’s 2027 Reelection Bid
By: Michael Mike
The Administrator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, Dr Dennis Otuaro, has expressed deep appreciation to President Bola Tinubu for strongly supporting the agency’s recent deployment of its foreign post-graduate scholarship beneficiaries.
Otuaro said the PAP had, as at the last count, sent 161 post-graduate scholarship beneficiaries to universities in the U.K. for the 2025/2026 academic year.
He also expressed gratitude to the National Security Adviser, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, for his invaluable input and guidance in the exercise.
He attributed the huge number of beneficiaries so far deployed abroad for studies in various industry-relevant programmes to the backing and generosity of the President.
He urged stakeholders of the Niger Delta to stand with President Tinubu and support his reelection bid in 2027.
Otuaro stressed that the president has demonstrated good intentions for the region and deserved reciprocal action in 2027.
Recall that the PAP office had penultimate week organised pre-departure briefing for two batches of the beneficiaries on the foreign post-graduate sponsorship in Abuja.
Otuaro noted that the PAP’s “decision for the massive deployment aligns with Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda and his genuine love for the people of the Niger Delta.”
He said the President was aware of the region’s challenge of human capacity development gap and the need to close it, empower the people, and galvanize socio-economic growth and development in the area.
According to him, the region’s human capital development gap can be increasingly closed if the huge deployment of scholarship beneficiaries within and outside the country is sustained.
Otuaro further said, “I am eternally grateful to His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR, for graciously supporting the Presidential Amnesty Programme as we deploy foreign scholarship beneficiaries for the academic session.
“But for the President’s magnanimity, it would not have been possible for us to send 161 beneficiaries to universities in the U.K. The number is huge and it aligns with His Excellency’s Renewed Hope Agenda and reflects his undying love for the Niger Delta.
“I am equally immensely thankful to the National Security Adviser, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, for his usual incredible guidance and supervision, which helps us a great deal.
“I am highly encouraged by the President’s backing of our formal education and vocational training initiatives, and his strong desire for the socio-economic growth and development of our region.
“I believe that if we sustain the high number of scholarship deployments within and outside the country, the issue of human capacity development gap in our region will be decisively tackled.”
The PAP’s helmsman restated his call on all scholarship beneficiaries to make good use of the opportunity, complete their programmes successfully, and return home to add value to the development of the region and indeed the country.
As PAP Deploys 161 For Foreign Post-graduate Scholarship, Otuaro Urges Niger Deltans to Support Tinubu’s 2027 Reelection Bid
News
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
By: Zagazola Makama
Less than 24 hours after three Fulani youths were reportedly killed in an attack in Plateau state, another youth has allegedly been killed and one abducted in targeted attack in Riyom LGA by Birom Militia.
Security and local informants told Zagazola Makama that the latest incident occurred on Feb. 21 in Jol community, where suspected Birom militia members attacked herders, killing one Muhammed Sani, while another victim, identified as Faruq Jamilu, was abducted. An unspecified number of cattle were also reportedly killed or injured during the assault.

The development came barely a day after three youths Tahiru Muhammad, Jibrin Salisu and Abdulmumin Isyak were said to have been ambushed and killed on Feb. 19 while returning from Dorowan Babuje in Barkin Ladi area.
Zagazola report that the earlier attack occurred at about 7:00 p.m. near Jong Fulani community. Sources alleged that the victims were intercepted by armed Birom Militia assailants, and security personnel later recovered spent cartridges and a motorcycle and a bottle of alcohol otherwise known as Goskolo at the scene.
Community representatives alleged that the succession of incidents reflected sustained pattern of attacks targeting pastoral settlements and livestock in parts of the state in recent months.
Zagazola report that repeated cases of attacks and killing, cattle poisoning, rustling and arson had heightened tensions and triggered fears of reprisals across the affected areas while the state government and concerned authorities have done little or nothing to fish out the perpetrators.
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
News
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
By: Zagazola Makama
A retired Commissioner of Police, CP David Danjuma Auta (Rtd), JP, KSM, KSS, has died.
He passed away on Feb. 19, 2026, at the Air Force Military Hospital, Jos, after a brief illness.
Born on June 11, 1941, CP Auta enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on Feb. 26, 1962, and served in several capacities, culminating as Commissioner of Police in Ogun State before retiring on Feb. 26, 1997.
He hailed from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State.
He is survived by his wife and seven children. The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, and burial arrangements will be communicated in due course.
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
News
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
By: Zagazola Makama
Five persons have been killed and a house razed following a late-night attack on Azoke village in Ado Local Government Area of Benue.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 19 when suspected assailants from Akparata community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi allegedly invaded the village.
The victims were identified as Nwefuru Elu, Nwefuru Agnes, Nwali Nworie Christianana, Obasi Nwode and Nwozo Nwode.
It was gathered that the attackers also set ablaze a house belonging to one Elumu Nwokwo during the assault, heightening tension in the area.
Security personnel who responded to a distress alert visited the scene and documented evidence as part of preliminary investigation.
Authorities said efforts were ongoing to apprehend those responsible, while further investigation had commenced to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Residents were urged to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as measures were being intensified to prevent escalation of violence in the area.
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
