Crime
Bandits Dump Corpses in Revenge Attack in Tafoki Village, Katsina
Bandits Dump Corpses in Revenge Attack in Tafoki Village, Katsina
By: Zagazola Makama
A group of suspected bandits have launched a brutal revenge attack on Tafoki village in the Fasakari Local Government Area of Katsina State, dumping several corpses at the entrance to the community.
Local sources told Zagazola Makama that the assailants, believed to be mostly in their 20s, arrived in the village on April 9, 2025, and positioned the bodies at the entrance. This attack is reportedly in retaliation for the deaths of three bandits killed by villagers in February 2025, after the criminals attempted to launch an assault on the village.
Among the slain bandits was Goje, a notorious leader who led the failed attack. Sources suggest that the bandits have since been abducting villagers, tying their hands behind their backs, and executing them with gunshots to the head. Afterward, the bandits return the bodies and dispose of them at the village entrance.
As families mourn, they are left to recover the decomposing remains of their loved ones, with some corpses already starting to decompose.
Villagers are left devastated, grappling with the trauma of the violence and the realization that their attempts to defend themselves against the bandits’ previous assault have now turned into deadly retribution.
Bandits Dump Corpses in Revenge Attack in Tafoki Village, Katsina
Crime
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 162 Amphibious Battalion Operation HADIN KAI have arrested three suspected robbers following a reported robbery incident at Gar Gwigwi village in Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.
Security sources disclosed that the troops responded to intelligence at about 6:00 p.m. on May 21 indicating that an unconfirmed number of Civilian Joint Task Force members attached to the battalion were allegedly involved in the robbery.
According to the sources, troops swiftly moved to the area and apprehended three suspects linked to the incident, while others reportedly fled.
Items recovered from the suspects included five mobile phones, a nylon bag containing a substance identified as “ice,” a locally made charm, a necklace chain, a small white scarf, two wristwatches, one dagger, a Qur’an booklet, the sum of N1,070, and one dane gun.
The sources stated that the dane gun was later identified as belonging to a member of the Miyetti Allah group, who reported that the weapon had been stolen from him by the suspects a day before the robbery incident.
The firearm was subsequently handed back to the owner after confirmation of ownership.
The arrested suspects are currently in military custody for further investigation and possible prosecution.
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
Crime
Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe
Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Headquarters 27 Task Force Brigade, Buni Gari, have recovered several explosive devices during a routine patrol operation in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State.
Security sources disclosed that the operation was conducted at about 1:00 p.m. on May 22 following intelligence reports on the sighting of suspected ISWAP/JAS terrorists around the Magza general area.
According to the sources, the terrorists fled the area before the arrival of the troops.
During the subsequent search and exploitation of the area, troops recovered four 40mm Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) bombs, one 81mm bomb and four 60mm bombs.
The Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team also conducted a detailed scan of the general area to rule out the presence of additional explosive threats.
The recovered bombs are currently in the custody of the troops for further necessary action.
Military authorities said troops would sustain aggressive patrols and clearance operations aimed at denying terrorists freedom of movement and preventing attacks within the North-East theatre.
Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe
Crime
Troops Neutralise Several Terrorist During Fighting Patrol in Zamfara
Troops Neutralise Several Terrorist During Fighting Patrol in Zamfara
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 1 Brigade Quick Reaction Force (QRF) Operation FANSAN YANMA have neutralised several terrorist during a fighting patrol operation in Tsafe Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
Security sources disclosed that the operation was carried out at about 10:00 a.m. on May 22 following intelligence reports on the sighting of terrorists within Yan Doto village.
According to the sources, the troops swiftly mobilised to the area and made contact with the suspected terrorists at Yanware community.
During the ensuing firefight, several terrorists were neutralised, while others reportedly fled the area.
The troops subsequently conducted exploitation of the general area, but no further contact was made with the fleeing criminals.
Military authorities said troops would continue aggressive patrols and clearance operations across vulnerable communities in Zamfara State to deny terrorists and bandits freedom of movement.
Troops Neutralise Several Terrorist During Fighting Patrol in Zamfara
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
