News
Troops of Operation Fansan Yanma Neutralize Notorious Bandit Kingpin “Malam” and Four Others in Katsina
Troops of Operation Fansan Yanma Neutralize Notorious Bandit Kingpin “Malam” and Four Others in Katsina
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation Fansan Yanma, in a coordinated operation, have neutralized five suspected bandits, including the notorious bandit kingpin simply identified as “Malam.”
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the operation, which took place along the Kandamba-Faskari Road, during the weeklong encounter with the terrorists. They hastily buried five of the terrorists and fled with other victims who were inflicted with their injuries.
However, intensified pursued by the troops, resulted in the discovery of the bodies of the suspects, who had been dumped in a shallow grave.
Malam, who had been terrorizing the Sabuwa, Dandume, Funtua, and Faskari Local Government Areas (LGAs), was one of the most wanted and feared bandit commanders in the region.
His group had been responsible for a series of violent crimes, including kidnappings, cattle rustling, and attacks on local communities.
The operation is still ongoing, with troops actively combing the area to track down any remaining members of the gang.
Troops of Operation Fansan Yanma Neutralize Notorious Bandit Kingpin “Malam” and Four Others in Katsina
News
COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre
COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre
By: Zagazola Makama
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) has conducted the second welfare flight for May 2026 in support of troops and personnel serving in the North-East theatre under Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK).
Military sources said the welfare flight was carried out on May 16, 2026, using a chartered ValueJet aircraft.
According to the sources, a total of 167 passengers were airlifted into the OPHK theatre, while 174 personnel were transported out of the theatre during the exercise.
The welfare flight initiative, introduced to support troop welfare and movement logistics, has continued to facilitate the rotation and transportation of military personnel serving in the counterinsurgency theatre.
The sources added that, with the latest operation, a cumulative total of 32,765 personnel have so far been transported into and out of the OPHK theatre since the commencement of the welfare flight programme.
Military authorities described the movement as successful and hitch-free.
COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre
News
Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve
Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve
By: Zagazola Makama
Security operatives in Bauchi State have discovered 21 suspected bomb impact points following reports of explosions and unusual aerial activity in Darazo Local Government Area of the state.
Police sources said the incident was first reported at about 12:05 a.m. on May 16, 2026, after residents heard loud sounds suspected to be explosions around Yautarai Grazing Reserve extending towards Sabon Sara area of Papa District.
According to the sources, unidentified helicopters were also sighted hovering over the area around the same time, raising further concern among residents.
Upon receipt of the report, a joint security team comprising personnel of the Nigeria Police Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit, military personnel, vigilantes and local residents conducted a search operation at about 8:00 a.m.
The team combed Jeje Forest and Aliya Grazing Reserve, where they discovered 21 suspected impact points believed to be from bomb drops.
Security sources said no casualties were recorded during the operation, and no additional incidents were reported in the affected communities.
Authorities said monitoring and surveillance operations were ongoing in the area to ascertain the nature of the explosions and ensure the safety of residents.
Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve
News
One Dead, Two Injured as Armed Men Clash with Villagers Over Alleged Eviction in Bauchi
One Dead, Two Injured as Armed Men Clash with Villagers Over Alleged Eviction in Bauchi
By: Zagazola Makama
One person has been killed while two others sustained gunshot injuries following a violent clash between armed men and residents of Unguwan Marke area in Munsal Ward, Liman Katagum District, Bauchi Local Government Area of Bauchi State.
Police sources said the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 16, 2026, when a group of armed men, allegedly posing as members of a hunters’ association, invaded the community and attempted to remove the roof of a building belonging to one Isah Garba of Balakum village in Alkaleri Local Government Area.
According to the sources, the situation escalated when youths of the community confronted the group, leading to the armed men opening fire on residents.
During the attack, Sani Hassan sustained gunshot injuries to his leg, while Garba of Shinge village was injured in the hand. Another resident, Mubarak Adamu, was shot and died on the spot.
The injured victims were evacuated to the Specialist Hospital, Bauchi, by a team of officers from the Nigeria Police Force, where a medical doctor confirmed the death of Mubarak Adamu before his body was released to relatives for burial.
Police authorities said preliminary findings indicated that the armed men claimed they were acting on an eviction order allegedly issued by a High Court in Bauchi, though the legality and circumstances surrounding the operation and use of firearms are currently under investigation.
The police added that efforts were ongoing to identify and arrest all persons connected to the incident.
One Dead, Two Injured as Armed Men Clash with Villagers Over Alleged Eviction in Bauchi
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
