Crime
Blasphemy: Police, security managers meet with religious stakeholders in Borno
Blasphemy: Police, security managers meet with religious stakeholders in Borno
By: Bodunrin Kayode
Borno state Police Command has called on religious stake holders to avoid any thing that would disturb the current peace especially in the Borno state capital.
Commissioner of Police, Abdu Umar who addressed key stake holders yesterday said that Borno cannot afford to be complicit with the obvious tension generated last week in which a student was lynched by fellow students for alleged blasphemy in sokoto
Having seen the rising tension created by the lynching of Deborah Samuel for alleged blasphemy, the Command, engaged critical stakeholders in a peace building dialogue to forestall any unrest.
Addressing the stakeholders, Commissioner, Abdu Umar said that intelligence report indicated that certain elements were already gearing up for a showdown in the city in reaction to the Sokoto incident but that police personnel, along with other security agencies like the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), Department of the State Security Services ( DSS), and the military, deployed to maintain decorum were already nipping it in the bud.
Also Read: ISWAP: Two Commanders, Bako Gorgore, Abu Ibrahim killed in…
He said that the meeting with critical stakeholders and religious leaders in the state followed after meeting with the Deputy Governor, Umar Kadafur, who directed him to call on leaders of the two major religions to maintain a truce.
He directed religious leaders to speak with their followers on the need to maintain peace and safety in the midst of security challenges confronting Sokoto and threats of retaliation in some states.
Commissioner Abdu reiterated that in the past 12 years, Borno state had suffered a lot of security challenges adding that they can’t afford an addition
He said that they have not only engaged the religious leaders, the police and other security agencies, since the unrest started in Sokoto, but have deployed personnel across the state capital and also stepped up surveillance accordingly.
Abdu stressed that in the case of any eventuality, they are also going to embark on a show of force from today Sunday to alert residents that the security agents are on red alert, and battle-ready to pounce on anybody that will want to attempt to disturb public peace across Borno State.
Responding, the Christian Association of Nigeria CAN Chairman Borno State chapter, Bishop Mohammed Naga, assured that Christian leaders in the state have captioned their members to exercise patience and not take any laws into their hands.
Naga said already letters were sent to all the pastors across the state telling them to inform their members that they dont want any reaction from them and they should go about their normal activities without any fear of attack.
Sheikh Muhammad Abulfathi who spoke on behalf of the Chief Imam Laisu Ahmad, charged Borno residents to desist from the temptation of commenting on religious posts on social media as those comments are the root causes of the crises which could be inciting and harmful to others leading to violent reactions among the public.
Those who attended the meeting included the representatives of the Nigerian Army, DSS, NSCDC, Borno State Government, Christian and Muslim religious leaders.
Blasphemy: Police, security managers meet with religious stakeholders in Borno
Crime
Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina
Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 17 Brigade, Operation FANSAN YANMA have arrested a suspected gunrunner allegedly involved in supplying weapons and ammunition to terrorist groups operating in the North-West.
Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the suspect, identified as Saidu Rabiu, aged 25, from Wagini in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State, was arrested on May 15, 2026, at about 10:20 a.m.
According to the sources, troops acted on credible intelligence and swiftly mobilised to the General Hospital, Batsari, where the suspect was reportedly receiving treatment for an undisclosed illness.

He was subsequently arrested at the hospital without resistance and moved for interrogation.
Preliminary investigation allegedly linked the suspect to the supply of military-grade weapons and ammunition to several notorious terror kingpins operating in the region, including Bello Turji, Ado Aliero, and other criminal commanders identified as late Kachalla Black and Yellow.
Troops said the suspect is currently in custody and undergoing further interrogation to uncover wider arms trafficking networks supporting terrorist operations in the North-West.
Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina
Crime
Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno
Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation Hadin Kai in collaboration with Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), have arrested a suspected member of the Islamic State West Africa Province in Gubio Local Government Area of Borno State.
Security sources said the suspect was apprehended at about 1:20 p.m. on May 14, 2026, in Gubio town during a coordinated operation with local security volunteers.
According to the sources, the suspect claimed to be from Jere Local Government Area and allegedly confessed to being part of a group involved in extorting motorists along the Kareto general area.
The suspect is currently in military custody and is undergoing further interrogation.
Security authorities said investigations were ongoing to identify other members of the suspected extortion network and dismantle related criminal activities in the area.
Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Member Extorting Motorists in Borno
Crime
Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno
Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of the Joint Task Force North-East, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), have neutralised two suspected terrorists during clearance operations conducted in parts of Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.
According to a special situation report issued by Headquarters Sector 1 under Operation Desert Sanity, the operation was carried out on May 15, 2026, by troops of the 153 Task Force Battalion stationed at Kirawa.
The operation involved 15 soldiers working in conjunction with 16 members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) and 24 hybrid forces mounted on 28 motorcycles.
The troops reportedly advanced to Valle general area, Ashigashiya and Gakara communities during the operation aimed at clearing suspected terrorist hideouts and routes within the axis.
Military sources said contact was made with an unconfirmed number of suspected members of the Islamic State West Africa Province and Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad during the operation.
Following a firefight, two terrorists were neutralised, while several others reportedly retreated in disarray toward the Ngoshe axis.
Troops subsequently exploited the general area but made no further contact with the fleeing insurgents.
The forces later returned to base at about 3:00 p.m. the same day after completing the operation.
Troops Neutralise Two Terrorists During Clearance Operations in Borno
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
