Connect with us

News

Borno govt to start reconstruction of former B/Haram stronghold

Published

on

Borno govt to start reconstruction of former B/Haram stronghold

Borno govt to start reconstruction of former B/Haram stronghold


By Olatunji Omirin

The Borno State government have confirmed it readiness to commence immediate reconstruction of both public and residential structures in a former Boko Haram stonghold recently recaptured by the Nigerian military.

It reports that Gudumbali is a remote town in the fringe of lake chad and believed to have been one of the deadly stronghold of Boko Haram insurgents where hundreds of soldiers were killed, both public and private structures as well as armaments of the troops were completely destroyed.

The State Commissioner Ministry of Reconstruction Rehabilitation and Resettlement (MRRR) and Chairman of the Committee, Engr. Mustapha Gubio reaffirmed this after an assessment visit to Gudumbali town, headquarter of Guzamala local government area of Borno state at the weekend.


It was gathered that Governor Zulum had recently charged the troops to recapture the Gudumbali town to enables the ongoing rebuilding and resettlement process of his administration during an inaugural of the resettlement committee last month.


It would be recall that in 2014 Gudumbali town witnessed its first attack by Boko Haram and the communities were displaced to Monguno and Maiduguri respectively. They were resettled in 2018 to Gudumbali but after three months they were chased out and lastly resettled in 2020 they were equally displaced up to date.


Engr Mustapha Gubio maintained that the committee first priority is to have a military formation in Gudumbali town so that reconstruction and resettlement process would be achieved in a short possible time.


“We conduct an assessment on the level of destruction in Gulumbali the headquarters of Guzalama local government area, as the Chairman of the committee have said we are going back and submit the report to the governor then the committee will now reconstruction activity. Thereafter resettlement activity will follow.


Speaking on the immediate priority, “we need security on ground and they should stay here in Gudumbali town then they will now scan the whole town, this will now pave way for us to come in to clear the town and start the reconstruction of public and residential structures,” Engr. Gubio assured.


Other members in the entourage include Commissioner Ministry of Local Government and Emirates Affairs Hon Sugun Mai Mele, Permanent Secretary MRRR Engr Abba Yusuf, Permanent Secretary Housing and Energy, Mohammed Kyari Abdu, Hon Tijjani Special Adviser on Animals and Fisheries, Muhammad Musa Zarami Head of Humanitarian Activities NEDC,Chairman Guzamala LGA, District head of Gudumbali, Zannah Waziri Ibrahim Musa among others.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa

Published

on

Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A tragic incident occurred on April 3, 2025, during a joint security operation in Girei Local Government Area (LGA) of Adamawa State.

The operation, which involved personnel from the Police, Military, Department of State Security Services (DSS), and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), aimed to raid criminal hideouts in the area.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that during the operation, one of the security personnel accidentally discharged their firearm, striking 21-year-old Bara Adamu of Wuro Bulama, Girei LGA.

The victim was immediately rushed to Specialist Hospital for medical attention but was sadly confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.

Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa

Continue Reading

Crime

Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto

Published

on

Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto

By: Zagazola Makama

On April 3, 2025, at approximately 1130 hours, a group of armed bandits riding motorcycles, opened fire on a commercial vehicle traveling from Kebbi to Sokoto.

The attack resulted in the death of one Dan Gande Usman, who was shot in the head. The victim succumbed to his injuries while being transported to the hospital.

In response to the attack, troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA were deployed to the area to ensure sanity.

Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto

Continue Reading

Crime

Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze

Published

on

Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze

By: Zagazola Makama

A deadly bandit attack on Rijiya Village in Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State has left eight people dead and a primary school set on fire.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at approximately 1600 hours, on April 3, a group of armed bandits, heavily armed with AK-47 rifles and other dangerous weapons, invaded the village.

The assailants opened fire indiscriminately, resulting in the deaths of two members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CPG) and six civilians.

In addition to the loss of lives, the bandits set fire to a primary school that was being occupied by the CPG members.

Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights