News
Communities in Zamfara celebrates eviction of bandits from Gando forest
Communities in Anka and Bukkuyum Local Government Areas in Zamfara State on Saturday celebrated the eviction of bandits living in Gando Forest.
The report gathered that residents who spoke to newsmen said the soldiers moved into the woods early Saturday morning and descended on the bandits.
According to reports, bandits in the Gando forest raided several communities and burned five villages in the two local government areas.
This newspaper also reported that 200 people were buried after the attacks that lasted for two days.
Several bandits live in the forest that links the vast Kuyanbana forest from where it is possible to access the states of Niger, Kaduna and Kebbi.
READ ALSO: Yobe Community Protest Over Killing Of Truck Driver By Security Operatives
An Anka resident who is also a security expert, Yusuf Anka, said that more than 100 herds of cattle were recovered from bandit camps in the forest.
“Some cattle were recovered and brought to the town. Voices are heard everywhere, people are glad that the bandits have been dispersed and their whispered cows recovered,” he said.
Ibrahim Zauma, Governor Bello Matawalle’s General Director of New Media, announced on his official Facebook page that the soldiers had been successful in Bukkuyum.
“Alhamdu little Lah! Terrorist bandits in the Gwashi axis of Bukkuyum Local Government Area were met with fire and fury by the valiant Nigerian Army. Reports from the area say that the bandit enclave in the Gando jungle was evicted and several terrorists were killed.
The army and the state government have not issued any official statement about the operation. However, President Muhammadu Buhari said his government has stepped up efforts to defeat terrorist groups operating in the area.
News
Seven ISWAP Fighters’ Family Members, 12 Children Flee Yaganari Enclave, Surrender to Troops
Seven ISWAP Fighters’ Family Members, 12 Children Flee Yaganari Enclave, Surrender to Troops
By Zagazola Makama
Seven family members of suspected terrorists, accompanied by 12 children, have surrendered to troops of Operation HADIN KAI at Mafa in Borno State, following reported hunger and violent clashes among rival terrorist factions.
According to sources, the seven women surrendered at about 5 p.m. on Aug. 17 to troops of 112 Task Force Battalion deployed in Mafa.
The women were identified as Falamatai Modu, 30; Kelu Yaga, 25; Fada Yaga, 30; Gwaya Kadi, 25; Hauwa Mallam, 25; Maryam Yusuf, 25; and Fanna Kadi, 40.
They were accompanied by 12 children, aged between three months and 10 years.
Preliminary interrogation revealed that the women escaped from the Yaganari terrorist enclave due to hunger and concerns over their safety following violent clashes between rival terrorist factions.
The report said the escapees were profiled and documented by the troops and would be handed over to the 24 Task Force Brigade Military Intelligence Regiment for further action.
The development highlights the increasing pressure on terrorist enclaves in the North-East, where sustained military operations and internal factional clashes continue to disrupt the groups’ activities and survival networks.
The military authorities said the general security situation across the theatre remained calm but unpredictable, while troops’ morale and fighting efficiency remained satisfactory.
Seven ISWAP Fighters’ Family Members, 12 Children Flee Yaganari Enclave, Surrender to Troops
News
Again, Military Neutralise 8 ISWAP Fighters in Precision Airstrike in Timbuktu Triangle
Again, Military Neutralise 8 ISWAP Fighters in Precision Airstrike in Timbuktu Triangle
By Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation HADIN KAI have neutralised eight suspected Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists in a precision airstrike at Thethangala, within the Timbuktu Triangle of Borno State.
According to a Special Situation Report obtained by Zagazola Makama, the operation followed intelligence on terrorist activities in the area.
The report said a Guardian aircraft established overhead at Thethangala at about 9:56 p.m. on Aug. 18 and subsequently sighted eight terrorists who had converged and were lying in wait, apparently preparing to attack troops at their location.
Following the sighting, the aircraft conducted a precision strike on the identified terrorists.
“Battle Damage Assessment shows all the terrorists neutralised with no further movement observed after the strike,” the report stated.
The military said the general security situation remained calm but unpredictable, while the morale and fighting efficiency of troops remained satisfactory.
The latest air operation is part of sustained intelligence-led efforts by the Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI to disrupt terrorist concentrations and prevent planned attacks against troops operating in the North-East.
The Timbuktu Triangle remains one of the areas where terrorist groups have continued to seek opportunities to regroup and launch attacks against military positions.
Again, Military Neutralise 8 ISWAP Fighters in Precision Airstrike in Timbuktu Triangle
News
NTTF VP Mailantarki tasks stakeholders on grassroots development
NTTF VP Mailantarki tasks stakeholders on grassroots development
The Vice President of the Nigeria Table Tennis Federation (NTTF), Honourable Khamisu Ahmed Mailantarki, has commended the sponsor of the Senior Advocate Cup, Muhammed Sani Ndanusa (SAN), urging more stakeholders to emulate his profound passion for grassroots talent development across Northern Nigeria and the nation at large.
Hon. Mailantarki gave the commendation in a press statement issued on Tuesday by his media aide, Mr Adamu Usman Ahmed.
Mailantarki while speaking during the closing ceremony of the highly anticipated tournament congratulated the various winners across the different categories of Men Singles, Junior Single and the veterans.
The NTTF VP thrilled the audience at the Kaduna Police Officers’ Mess Indoor Sport hall with an exciting developmental announcement.
He revealed that the two finalists of the Junior Singles category have been selected for a special performance camping program at his prestigious Table Tennis Academy in Abuja. Based on their performance at the camp, they stand the chance of securing full sponsorship to an upcoming international youth championship.
The 6th edition of the championship witnessed spectacular displays of talents. In the elite category, Abayomi Martins from Borno State delivered a stellar performance to take home the overall winner’s prize, leaving Kamal Muktar of Kano State to settle for the runner-up medal.
In the fiercely contested Junior category, the host state’s Mustapha Muktar (Kaduna) triumphed over Taraba State’s Harrison Jacob to clinch the ultimate prize.
Looking to the future, Hon. Mailantarki assured fans and players that similar grassroots and elite developmental championships would be organized in other states to ensure the continuous discovery and nurturing of table tennis talents in the country.
NTTF VP Mailantarki tasks stakeholders on grassroots development
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions5 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions5 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Politics1 year ago2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift
