Connect with us

Crime

Five Top Bandit Leaders and Dozens of Fighters Killed by Ado Allero in Deadly Clashes in Zamfara

Published

on

Five Top Bandit Leaders and Dozens of Fighters Killed by Ado Allero in Deadly Clashes in Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

In a series of violent clashes in Zamfara State, at least five prominent bandit leaders and 48 of their fighters were killed by the Ado Allero group. The confrontations took place on Sunday in Mada village in Gusau, Yan Waren Daji, and Munhaye in the Tsafe Local Government Area (LGA).

Zagazola Makama, a counterinsurgency expert and security analyst in the Lake Chad region, reported that the conflicts began in the early hours of Sunday. They were initiated by the Dogo Bali and Kachallah Mai Yankuzu groups, leading to a significant number of casualties, including the leader Dogo Bali who orchestrated the initial attack.

Intelligence sources informed Makama that Dogo Bali’s death prompted retaliatory strikes from other rival factions. These groups advanced into the forest area from Hayin Alhaji to Munhaye within the Tsafe LGA, seeking vengeance for Bali’s demise.

In response, Kachalla Mai Yankuzu reached out to Ado Allero, who quickly amassed hundreds of fighters, preparing them for the confrontation. However, upon their arrival at the Yan Ware camp in Tsafe, they were caught in a deadly ambush laid by Allero’s forces.

The ensuing gunbattle lasted several hours, during which Ado Allero’s group managed to kill numerous fighters, including four prominent bandit leaders: Dan Makaranta, Malam Gainaga, Mallam Tukur, and Malam Jaddi. Injured fighters were taken to a clinic in Mada village for treatment.

Allero’s forces didn’t stop there; they also attacked the camp of Alhaji Dan Nigeria, another notorious bandit leader, in Yan Ware. Dan Nigeria and his fighters abandoned the site, leaving behind over 150 AK47 rifles, which were then seized by Allero’s group.

On the evening of Sunday, Feb 25, various bandit factions converged on the camp in Munhaye village in Tsafe, where Ado Allero and his men were based. However, the bandit leader had already evacuated the area.

Around 11 pm, several other bandit leaders from the western part of Zamfara, including Yellow Jambros from Dansadau, Damina, Nagala, and Kawaji, arrived in Tsafe for a major confrontation with Ado Allero, who was, however, nowhere to be found. It was also noted that Dogo Gide did not respond to the call to arms nor sent any representatives.

The situation described above suggests a potential escalation in inter-group conflict among the bandit groups, which the military can use to effectively weaken and dismantle the bandit organizations.

Five Top Bandit Leaders and Dozens of Fighters Killed by Ado Allero in Deadly Clashes in Zamfara

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Troops Foil Protest Over Election Result Dispute in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Protest Over Election Result Dispute in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops under Sector 7 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a protest by youths in Madakiya community of Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State over alleged delays in the announcement of election results.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 2:10 p.m. on May 20 following reports that youths had gathered to protest the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) handling of the All Progressives Congress senatorial primary election results.

Troops, alongside other security agencies, were promptly deployed to the area to prevent escalation and restore order.

On arrival, the situation was brought under control as security personnel engaged the agitated youths and appealed for calm.

The protesters were subsequently addressed and dispersed peacefully without any violence or destruction of property.

Security sources said troops maintained a visible presence in the area afterwards to deter further unrest and ensure continued peace in the community.

Troops Foil Protest Over Election Result Dispute in Kaduna

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Rescue Suspect from Mob Action Over Alleged Attempted Rape in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Rescue Suspect from Mob Action Over Alleged Attempted Rape in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 1 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened to rescue a suspect from mob attack following an alleged attempted sexual assault in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 3:00 p.m. on May 20 after reports that a student of Government Secondary School (GSS) Bassa was allegedly accosted by one Abdulazeez Sani, 25, at a hotel in Agyingi area of Bassa LGA.

The suspect was reportedly overpowered by angry youths who attempted to lynch him before the arrival of troops.

Security sources said troops swiftly intervened, rescued the suspect from mob action, and restored calm in the area.

The suspect was subsequently handed over to Keystone Division in Bassa for further investigation and necessary action.

Authorities said the intervention helped prevent escalation of violence and maintained order within the community.

Troops Rescue Suspect from Mob Action Over Alleged Attempted Rape in Plateau

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activity, Fire Warning Shots in Ebonyi

Published

on

Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activity, Fire Warning Shots in Ebonyi

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation UDO KA have disrupted illegal mining activities during a night patrol in Ivo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, leading to the arrest of four suspects.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 7:30 p.m. on May 19 when troops deployed at Forward Operating Base Ivo intercepted individuals engaged in unauthorized mining activities within the general area.

The troops reportedly apprehended four suspects and recovered a mini truck, sapper cables, and a vehicle battery believed to have been used for the illegal operations.

However, tension reportedly rose while the suspects and recovered items were being conveyed to the base, as some youths from Iheteu community allegedly obstructed the troops and attempted to resist the operation by throwing stones in support of the suspects.

In response, the troops fired two warning shots into the air to disperse the crowd and restore order.

Security sources said calm was later restored and the situation brought under control without further escalation.

The suspects remain in custody for profiling and further investigation, while the recovered items have been secured for additional action.

Authorities said operations against illegal mining and other criminal activities would continue across affected communities in Ebonyi State.

Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activity, Fire Warning Shots in Ebonyi

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights