News
Group urges FG to resume activities at Kolmani oil field

Group urges FG to resume activities at Kolmani oil field
The Initiative for Good Leadership and Development, a pressure group based in Gombe State has appealed to the Federal Government to urgently resume exploitation at the Kolmani oil field.
Mr Tasi‘u Pantami, the group’s public relations officer made the appeal in a press statement issued to journalists in Gombe on Thursday.
Pantami said the call became imperative as work at the oil field had been halted since former President Muhammadu Buhari inaugurated the Kolmani site in November, 2022.
He said according to plans, since project was expected to fully take-off in 2025, it was worrying that with 2024 gradually coming to an end, nothing visibly was happening at the site.
He stated that the Kolmani oil field if given the right attention and investment would help the Federal Government to boost its revenue base to execute more infrastructural projects for the country.
According to him, more jobs will be created for youths and women and the government will be able to address other challenges from power supply, gas and security.P
antami decried the prolonged silence surrounding the development of the oil field which he said had become a source of concern for stakeholders in Gombe and Bauchi States.
“We are urging the Federal Government to take immediate action to revive activities of the project.
“In this regard, the Federal Government should allocate sufficient resources, streamline administrative structures and processes, address security concerns, and engage with relevant stakeholders.
“By accelerating the project, Nigeria can maximise its economic potential, create employment opportunities, and bolster its energy sector for a sustainable future.
“However, the lack of progress in its development has left our people feeling neglected and disappointed,” he said.
Pantami called the governments of Gombe and Bauchi States to support and liaise with the Federal Government towards ensuring that work resume at the site.
Group urges FG to resume activities at Kolmani oil field
News
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa

Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic incident occurred on April 3, 2025, during a joint security operation in Girei Local Government Area (LGA) of Adamawa State.
The operation, which involved personnel from the Police, Military, Department of State Security Services (DSS), and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), aimed to raid criminal hideouts in the area.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that during the operation, one of the security personnel accidentally discharged their firearm, striking 21-year-old Bara Adamu of Wuro Bulama, Girei LGA.
The victim was immediately rushed to Specialist Hospital for medical attention but was sadly confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
Crime
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto

Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
By: Zagazola Makama
On April 3, 2025, at approximately 1130 hours, a group of armed bandits riding motorcycles, opened fire on a commercial vehicle traveling from Kebbi to Sokoto.
The attack resulted in the death of one Dan Gande Usman, who was shot in the head. The victim succumbed to his injuries while being transported to the hospital.
In response to the attack, troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA were deployed to the area to ensure sanity.
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
Crime
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze

Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
By: Zagazola Makama
A deadly bandit attack on Rijiya Village in Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State has left eight people dead and a primary school set on fire.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at approximately 1600 hours, on April 3, a group of armed bandits, heavily armed with AK-47 rifles and other dangerous weapons, invaded the village.
The assailants opened fire indiscriminately, resulting in the deaths of two members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CPG) and six civilians.
In addition to the loss of lives, the bandits set fire to a primary school that was being occupied by the CPG members.
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident