Crime
Herdsman, 36 cows shot dead in fresh unprovoked attack in Plateau
Herdsman, 36 cows shot dead in fresh unprovoked attack in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
A herdsman has been killed and 36 cows shot dead by unknown assailants in a fresh attack at Ndinn village, Fan District of Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Zagazola Makama report that the incident, which occurred on Monday evening, is the latest undocumented violent attacks that have continued to claim lives and property in parts of the state.

Witnesses said the attackers ambushed the herder, identified as Abubakar Alhaji Woda, while he was grazing his cattle, and shot him dead before opening fire on his herd, killing 36 cows on the spot.
Residents described the attack as unprovoked and expressed concern over the growing wave of insecurity in rural parts of Barkin Ladi and neighbouring local government areas.
They lamented that despite several similar attacks in recent weeks, no arrests have been made, and the perpetrators continue to operate with impunity.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the FUYODA Riyom chapter coordinator, Muhammad Saidu, described the attack as “a heartbreaking reminder of the persistent insecurity and injustice faced by peaceful Fulani communities in Plateau.”
“We strongly condemn this act of violence and call on the relevant authorities to ensure that justice is served,” Saidu said.
He prayed for the repose of the deceased’s soul and called on the government to take decisive steps to restore confidence among pastoral communities who continue to suffer silent losses in the ongoing communal crisis.
“May Almighty Allah grant Abubakar Alhaji Woda Jannatul Firdaus, forgive his shortcomings, and comfort his family with patience and strength during this difficult time,” he added.
However, as of the time of filing this report, there has been no official statement from the Plateau State Government or security agencies regarding the attack.

Zagazola report that the recurring cycle of violence in Plateau State has often been reported only from the angle of reprisals, while several attacks on herders go undocumented or receive limited attention.
Community leaders have called on security operatives to fish out the perpetrators and ensure justice is served to prevent further escalation of hostilities in the area.
Herdsman, 36 cows shot dead in fresh unprovoked attack in Plateau
Crime
NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise
NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise
By: Zagazola Makama
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commended the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for dismantling a transborder drug trafficking syndicate involving Nigerian and Mexican nationals, describing the operation as a major breakthrough in the fight against organised crime.
The President gave the commendation in a statement issued on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.
According to the statement, the operation led to the arrest of foreign nationals, local drug kingpins, and other collaborators, as well as the seizure of chemicals and illicit drugs valued at over 360 million dollars.
The Chairman of the NDLEA, Mohammed Buba Marwa, had earlier announced the successful operation following weeks of intelligence gathering and coordinated efforts by NDLEA operatives in collaboration with international partners.
President Tinubu said the successful operation demonstrated exceptional professionalism, courage, and commitment by the anti-narcotics agency in safeguarding society from the dangers of illicit drugs.
He commended the bravery and resilience displayed by NDLEA operatives throughout the operation and urged the agency not to relent in confronting drug trafficking networks.
The President noted that West Africa had increasingly become a major transit hub for cocaine, synthetic drugs, and unregulated pharmaceuticals destined for Europe and North America.
He warned that beyond constituting a serious security threat, narcotics also posed grave dangers to the future of young people, many of whom had fallen victim to drug abuse and trafficking networks.
Tinubu called on Nigerians to support the anti-drug campaign by remaining vigilant and reporting suspicious activities within their communities to security agencies.
According to him, the success of the operation sends a strong message that security agencies will not tolerate organised crime and criminality in any part of the country.
He reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to ensuring that individuals and groups threatening public safety and national security face the full weight of the law.
NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise
Crime
Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu
Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 8 of Operation Safe Haven have foiled an attempted motorcycle snatching along Jwak village in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Jwak general area responded to a distress call over an attempt by suspected local criminals to dispossess a motorcyclist of his motorcycle along the highway.

The victim, identified as Shuaibu Ayuba, was reportedly attacked by the criminals before the arrival of the troops.
According to the sources, the swift intervention by the troops forced the attackers to abandon the operation and flee into nearby bushes.
The victim was rescued by the troops and immediately evacuated to the Medical Centre in Mangu for treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to deny criminal elements freedom of action.
Authorities reassured residents of continued security presence and urged members of the public to provide timely information to aid ongoing operations.
Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu
Crime
Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau
Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 8, Operation Enduring Peace have recovered 39 cattle allegedly roaming about in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau, in suspected targeted attack on the owner.
Security sources disclosed that the incident occurred at about 4:30 p.m. on May 21 during a patrol by troops at Mwansat community.
The sources said the cattle were suspected to have been rustled, while the owner was feared to have been killed by cattle rustling networks in Mangu.
According to the sources, the troops moved the cattle to a safe location pending the identification of the owner and the affected farmer for amicable settlement.
Authorities said efforts were ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and prevent escalation of tensions in the area.
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
