News
ISI-UI HIJAB: ISI LOSES AGAIN AS COURT STRIKES OUT STAY OF EXECUTION APPLICATION
ISI-UI HIJAB: ISI LOSES AGAIN AS COURT STRIKES OUT STAY OF EXECUTION APPLICATION
By: Michael Mike
For the second time within six months, the International School Ibadan (ISI), University of Ibadan lost its application of stay of execution for the usage of hijab by female Muslim students of the school.
This was sequel to striking out of the application for stay of execution of the previous judgement in May 22, 2024 granting the female Muslim students the right to wear their hijab on the school uniform by an Oyo State High Court sitting in Ibadan.
Justice Moshood Isola, who presided over the court on Tuesday gave the judgment following an appeal by the management of the school asking for stay of execution.
Delivering the ruling on the application, Justice Ishola who delivered the May 22 Judgment, ruled that it amounts to judicial impertinence for the court to entertain a pending application at the appeal court.
"This court lacks jurisdiction to entertain such an application; it can only rule on a matter if the application is in limbo without being given number at the appeal court", Ishola declared.
Earlier, the leading counsel to the applicants, Mr. Magnus Ejelonu argued that his application was premised on order 4, rule 10 of the Appeal Court stating that a case is admissible when records had been received and assigned file in the court registry.
In his submission, the leading counsel to the 11 female Muslim students of the UI-ISI, Mr. Hassan Fajimite expressed disappointment in the school management for making attempt to scuttle enforcement of fundamental human rights, following a well founded judgement of the High Court.
Speaking in the same vein, Mr Yusuf Anikulapo, Counsel to an incorporated trustee of the Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, corroborated Fajimite’s submission that a record of appeal has been transmitted by the applicant, adding that his case has been assigned Suit No: CA/IB/345/2024.
The Presiding Justice Ishola, therefore struck out the application for lack of merit and not in consistent with the laid down rules.
Reacting to the judgment, the Chairman, ISI Muslim Parents Forum, Abdur-Rahman Balogun described the judgement as a welcome development, as the school children have been living harmoniously, as evident in the 2024 Yearbook where all the students live peacefully irrespective of their tribe and faith.
Balogun added that the judgement also gave testament to the international status of the school which ought to allow for inclusivity of all irrespective of race, tribe and religion.
ISI-UI HIJAB: ISI LOSES AGAIN AS COURT STRIKES OUT STAY OF EXECUTION APPLICATION
News
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
By: Zagazola Makama
Less than 24 hours after three Fulani youths were reportedly killed in an attack in Plateau state, another youth has allegedly been killed and one abducted in targeted attack in Riyom LGA by Birom Militia.
Security and local informants told Zagazola Makama that the latest incident occurred on Feb. 21 in Jol community, where suspected Birom militia members attacked herders, killing one Muhammed Sani, while another victim, identified as Faruq Jamilu, was abducted. An unspecified number of cattle were also reportedly killed or injured during the assault.

The development came barely a day after three youths Tahiru Muhammad, Jibrin Salisu and Abdulmumin Isyak were said to have been ambushed and killed on Feb. 19 while returning from Dorowan Babuje in Barkin Ladi area.
Zagazola report that the earlier attack occurred at about 7:00 p.m. near Jong Fulani community. Sources alleged that the victims were intercepted by armed Birom Militia assailants, and security personnel later recovered spent cartridges and a motorcycle and a bottle of alcohol otherwise known as Goskolo at the scene.
Community representatives alleged that the succession of incidents reflected sustained pattern of attacks targeting pastoral settlements and livestock in parts of the state in recent months.
Zagazola report that repeated cases of attacks and killing, cattle poisoning, rustling and arson had heightened tensions and triggered fears of reprisals across the affected areas while the state government and concerned authorities have done little or nothing to fish out the perpetrators.
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
News
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
By: Zagazola Makama
A retired Commissioner of Police, CP David Danjuma Auta (Rtd), JP, KSM, KSS, has died.
He passed away on Feb. 19, 2026, at the Air Force Military Hospital, Jos, after a brief illness.
Born on June 11, 1941, CP Auta enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on Feb. 26, 1962, and served in several capacities, culminating as Commissioner of Police in Ogun State before retiring on Feb. 26, 1997.
He hailed from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State.
He is survived by his wife and seven children. The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, and burial arrangements will be communicated in due course.
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
News
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
By: Zagazola Makama
Five persons have been killed and a house razed following a late-night attack on Azoke village in Ado Local Government Area of Benue.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 19 when suspected assailants from Akparata community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi allegedly invaded the village.
The victims were identified as Nwefuru Elu, Nwefuru Agnes, Nwali Nworie Christianana, Obasi Nwode and Nwozo Nwode.
It was gathered that the attackers also set ablaze a house belonging to one Elumu Nwokwo during the assault, heightening tension in the area.
Security personnel who responded to a distress alert visited the scene and documented evidence as part of preliminary investigation.
Authorities said efforts were ongoing to apprehend those responsible, while further investigation had commenced to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Residents were urged to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as measures were being intensified to prevent escalation of violence in the area.
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
