Connect with us

Crime

NDLEA arrests six in Abuja Garden raid with drug cookies and noodles

Published

on

NDLEA arrests six in Abuja Garden raid with drug cookies and noodles

By, Michael Mike

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) have raided a relaxation centre, popularly called Garden in Abuja and arrested six persons for selling drug cookies and noodles.

The raid, according to a statement by the spokesman of NDLEA, Femi Babafemi followed credible intelligence, which led to the raid of the Garden at Wuse Zone 5 behind Shoprite.

He said during the raid a woman, Rachael Famiyesun, 29, who deals in drug cookies was arrested along with her salesgirl, Stella Sunday, 20, and beside the cookies, they were also caught selling bottles of black currant drink popularly called Zobo prepared with cannabis.

Also in case the Garden, another business operator, Moses Obi, 30, was arrested with his salesgirl, Aisha Abdulrahman, 19, for selling indomie noodles prepared with cannabis.

A barman, Ahonye Jonah, 31, who works with the owner of the Garden, was equally arrested while one of their customers, 38-year-old Ngozi Emelogu during the raid last Wednesday.

Babafemi said two days earlier, officers of the FCT command of the agency had raided the Zuba Yam Market, where a drug dealer, Haruna Hassan was arrested with 19.3 kilogrammes cannabis.

READ ALSO: Communities In Zamfara Celebrates Eviction Of Bandits From Gando Forest

In other interceptions, attempts by drug traffickers to export 1.53 kilogrammes of cocaine hidden inside hair cream to London, and another 880 grammes of cocaine concealed inside synthetic hair to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia as well as 3 grammes of cocaine and 5 grammes of cannabis to Cyprus packed inside locally made shoes through two major courier companies in Lagos have been foiled by narcotic officers attached to the firms.

Babafemi said in Edo State, operatives last Tuesday intercepted a Toyota Camry car with Reg. No. FKJ 897 DG (LAGOS) loaded with 360.4 kilogrammes cannabis sativa heading to Abuja and arrested the driver, Nurudeen Subaru, 42, in Auchi, Etsako West area of the state.

He said the following day, the Edo command officers also evacuated 111 kilogrammes cannabis stored in a bush at Iruekpen, Esan West local government area while 276 compressed blocks of the same substance weighing 248.4 kilogrammes were recovered from one Austin Okongwu (a.k.a Igwe), 45, at Agenebode, Etsako East while moving the drug in a Lexus saloon car with registration number ABC 583 MJ (ABUJA).

He said last Wednesday, a raid on a drug joint in the Edo state capital, Benin, led to the arrest of three drug dealers: Kelly Ogbebor, 38; Daniel Oviawe, 35, and Kelly Kenmakonam, 29 with different quantities of cocaine and heroin seized from them.

In Plateau State, attempt by 29-year-old Ifeoma Sade, wife of a drug dealer, Ifeanyi Onyeasi, 34, to swallow 12 grammes of cocaine found in their house at Agingi, Rukuba road, Jos, during an arrest operation was scuttled by operatives who retrieved the drug from her throat on Sunday 16th January.

He said also recovered from them was a monetary exhibit of N234,650.

Babafemi also disclosed that different quantities of cannabis, methamphetamine and tramadol were seized from two suspects; Aliyu Abdullahi and Ishaya Emmanuel, when a commercial bus with registration number GME 711 YX bringing them from Lagos to Yola, Adamawa State was intercepted along Abuja road by officers of the Plateau state command last Wednesday.

In Adamawa State on Wednesday 19th January the long arm of the law eventually caught a notorious drug dealer, Adamu Musa who has been on the run for nine months. His 31-year-old elder sister, Mrs. Hannatu Sini had been arrested on 16th April 2021, at Gombi local government area of the state with 14.4 kilogrammes of cannabis sativa and admitted keeping the exhibit for her younger brother, Adamu Musa who was subsequently placed on the wanted list of the command.

He added that an ex-convict, Mrs. Modinat Lawal, was arrested in Kano last Wednesday with 22 kilogrammes cannabis sativa she brought into Nigeria from Benin Republic. She had earlier been arrested, prosecuted and jailed for the same offence, he said the Ogun State born trafficker claimed then that her name was Bola.

Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (Retd) while commending the officers and men of the FCT, Edo, Plateau, Adamawa, Kano and Directorate of Investigation and General Investigations for the arrests and seizures, however charged them and their counterparts in other commands to remain vigilant and always proactive..

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations

Published

on

Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), Operation HADIN KAI, have recorded significant operational successes including the rescue of abducted civilians, arrest of suspected terrorist collaborators, recovery of weapons, and continued surrender of insurgents’ family members across the North-East theatre.

Security sources disclosed that the operations were conducted under Operation Desert Sanity V and other ongoing clearance missions aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities in the region.

In one of the major breakthroughs, troops operating along the Ngoshe–Amuda axis in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State rescued four abducted persons comprising two women and two children.

The victims were identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali (19), Halima Idrisa (20), Umar Abdullahi (3), and Mustapha Abdullahi (4), who were abducted during an attack on Ngoshe community on March 3, 2026.

According to the sources, preliminary debrief indicated that the victims were held in a terrorist enclave before being freed following sustained military pressure on insurgent hideouts in the Mandara Mountains.

The rescued persons were later medically evaluated and reunited with their families through community leadership.

The sources added that a total of 65 abducted persons have so far been rescued in ongoing operations, while efforts are continuing to secure the release of others still in captivity.

In a related development, troops apprehended a suspected terrorist collaborator, identified as 50-year-old Mrs. Kellu Alhaji Abba, at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa Local Government Area.

Items recovered from her included clothing materials and other supplies allegedly intended for delivery to a terrorist operative in the Dumba general area, according to preliminary investigation.

Similarly, troops arrested another suspected logistics supplier, Mr. Amadu Abdu (50), along the Dalori axis while transporting a large quantity of packaged items suspected to be intended for terrorist elements.

Investigations revealed that the suspect had been supplying logistics in exchange for access to grazing areas within terrorist-controlled zones. Items recovered included packaged goods, a mobile phone, a cutlass, suspected illicit substances, and cash.

Elsewhere, troops in conjunction with local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market. The suspects were found with stolen livestock and are currently under investigation.

The operation also recorded the surrender of individuals linked to Boko Haram/ISWAP, including Aishatu Sale (20), who surrendered in Bama Local Government Area, and Hauwa Abubakar (70), who escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.

The sources said the surrendered individuals attributed their decision to sustained military pressure and worsening living conditions in terrorist camps.

In another development, troops recovered one AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a suspected terrorist withdrawal route, further degrading insurgent operational capability.

Military authorities said the sustained successes demonstrate continued pressure on terrorist elements and reaffirmed commitment to restoring lasting peace and stability in the North-East region.

The Military High Command commended the troops for their operational performance and urged them to sustain the momentum in the ongoing counter-terrorism campaign.

Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community

Published

on

Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 162 Amphibious Battalion Operation HADIN KAI have arrested three suspected robbers following a reported robbery incident at Gar Gwigwi village in Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.

Security sources disclosed that the troops responded to intelligence at about 6:00 p.m. on May 21 indicating that an unconfirmed number of Civilian Joint Task Force members attached to the battalion were allegedly involved in the robbery.

According to the sources, troops swiftly moved to the area and apprehended three suspects linked to the incident, while others reportedly fled.

Items recovered from the suspects included five mobile phones, a nylon bag containing a substance identified as “ice,” a locally made charm, a necklace chain, a small white scarf, two wristwatches, one dagger, a Qur’an booklet, the sum of N1,070, and one dane gun.

The sources stated that the dane gun was later identified as belonging to a member of the Miyetti Allah group, who reported that the weapon had been stolen from him by the suspects a day before the robbery incident.

The firearm was subsequently handed back to the owner after confirmation of ownership.

The arrested suspects are currently in military custody for further investigation and possible prosecution.

Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe

Published

on

Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Headquarters 27 Task Force Brigade, Buni Gari, have recovered several explosive devices during a routine patrol operation in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State.

Security sources disclosed that the operation was conducted at about 1:00 p.m. on May 22 following intelligence reports on the sighting of suspected ISWAP/JAS terrorists around the Magza general area.

According to the sources, the terrorists fled the area before the arrival of the troops.

During the subsequent search and exploitation of the area, troops recovered four 40mm Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) bombs, one 81mm bomb and four 60mm bombs.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team also conducted a detailed scan of the general area to rule out the presence of additional explosive threats.

The recovered bombs are currently in the custody of the troops for further necessary action.

Military authorities said troops would sustain aggressive patrols and clearance operations aimed at denying terrorists freedom of movement and preventing attacks within the North-East theatre.

Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights