Crime
NDLEA Declares Ex-Beauty Queen Wanted for Dealing in Illicit Drugs
NDLEA Declares Ex-Beauty Queen Wanted for Dealing in Illicit Drugs
… Arrests Brazil Returnee Who Excretes 60 Wraps of Cocaine
By: Michael Mike
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has declared an
ex-beauty queen, Ms. Aderinoye Queen Christmas also known as Ms. Queen Oluwadamilola Aderinoye wanted over allegations of dealing in illicit drug.
The spokesman of the anti-narcotics agency, Femi Babafemi in a statement on Sunday said the ex beauty pageant was declared wanted by after she escaped from her Lekki, Lagos residence when NDLEA operatives raided her apartment at Oral Estate, Lekki last Wednesday.
He said the raid followed credible intelligence she deals in illicit substances, adding that the suspect was Miss Commonwealth Nigeria Culture 2015/2016 and founder of Queen Christmas Foundation.
Babafemi disclosed that recovered from her home during the search witnessed by the estate officials include 606 grammes of Canadian Loud, a synthetic strain of cannabis, an electronic weighing scale, large quantities of drugs packing plastics, a black RAV 4 SUV marked Lagos KSF 872 GQ, and her picture frame among others.
In other roll call of clampdowns during the week, Babafemi said operatives of the agency have arrested a Brazil returnee, Udechukwu Theophilus at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos for ingesting 60 big wraps of cocaine.
According to him, the suspect who was arrested during inward clearance of passengers on Ethiopian Airlines flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil via Addis Ababa, Ethiopia at the D-Arrival Hall of the Lagos airport on Sunday 21st January 2024, initially refused to undergo body scan, raising health concerns in a desperate bid to evade arrest.

Babafemi said when the suspect was offered other options, he accepted to be placed on excretion observation and shortly after he was ushered into NDLEA observatory, he excreted the first set of cocaine pellets, after which he expelled a total of 60 wraps of the class A drug weighing 1.279 kilogrammes in five excretions.
Udechukwu, in his statement, claimed he ingested the consignment in Brazil and was to discharge everything at the airport in Addis Ababa but could only excrete 15 pellets which he handed over to another member of his syndicate before his connecting flight to Nigeria was called.
The spokesman said in the same vein, NDLEA operatives at the Lagos airport last Tuesday recovered a total of 12 cartons of tramadol 225mg containing 599,900 pills weighing 385.4 kilogrammes from an overstayed cargo at the SAHCO import shed of the Lagos airport after a joint examination with other agencies.
He said the tramadol consignment had come into the country in two batches on KLM Royal Dutch Airline flights from Karachi, Pakistan between 27th July and 1st August 2023. They were however placed under watch by NDLEA operatives since then.
Babafemi said not less than 822 kilogrammes of cannabis sativa hidden in a fuel station located at Ashipa community along Badagry-Seme road were recovered by operatives of the Seme Special Area Command of NDLEA, while a suspect Sani Audu, 35, was arrested with 111.3 kilogrammes of same substance at Maigatari town in Jigawa State last Tuesday.
In Yobe state, two suspects: Mohammed Usman and Adamu Ma’azu were arrested last Saturday with 49 blocks of cannabis sativa weighing 50 kilogrammes at Damaturu motor park, Damaturu, while the duo of Paul Obor, 38, and Dennis Fuokorighe, 48, who were arrested last Wednesday at a Navy check point, Itobe, Ofu local government area, Kogi state with 318 compressed blocks of cannabis sativa weighing 190.8 kilogrammes concealed in a gold colour Honda Accord Car marked RBC 449AE, were handed over to the Kogi state command of the agency last Friday by men of the Nigeria Navy Ship, Lugard, Lokoja.
In Kano, a suspect, Shamwilu Idris, 29, was arrested at Gadar Tamburawa area last Thursday with 271 kilogrammes cannabis following the seizure of an abandoned 28.1 kilogrammes of same substance at Rijiyar Lemo area of the state last Wednesday. Another suspect, Abubakar Haruna Salisu, 24, was nabbed at Kotun Wambai, Yan Awaki area of Kano last Friday with 600 bottles of codeine-based syrup while a total of 1,306 blocks of cannabis weighing 886 kilogrammes seized by the Police at Kwanar Dangora, area of the state were transferred to the agency last Wednesday.
A total of 87 compressed blocks of cannabis sativa weighing 73 kilogrammes as well as 21,346 pills of tramadol and 3,800 tablets of diazepam were recovered from a suspect, Musa Galadima last Friday when his DAF truck marked GME 971 XD was intercepted at Lafiyawo, along Gombe – Bauchi road by NDLEA operatives. In Plateau state, Aminu Ubanta, 35, was nabbed last Saturday with 5.355 kilogrammes cannabis at Layin Zana area of Jos.
Babafemi, also disclosed that two members of an international drug trafficking syndicate: Sunday Owoborode, 52, and Valentine Anene were arrested last Thursday at Edu Orita, Ogun state where Valentine was being prepared to travel with some drugs to Qatar same day on board a Qatar airline flight from Lagos.
He said at the time of their arrest, 1.8 kilogrammes cannabis, electronic weighing scale and other illicit substances were found on them.
Meanwhile, in another interdiction operation by operatives in Lagos, a 50-year-old Sunday Adediran, was arrested last Wednesday with 20 kilogrammes cannabis sativa found in one of the rooms in his house at Mushin Olosha, Lagos State.
He noted that the various commands of the agency across the country
continued with the War Against Drug Abuse, WADA, advocacy campaign in the past week.
The Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (Retd) has commended his men for a great job in the course of the week while also applauding commands across the country for intensifying their WADA advocacy lectures, and thus creating a balance between their drug supply reduction and drug demand reduction activities.
NDLEA Declares Ex-Beauty Queen Wanted for Dealing in Illicit Drugs
Crime
Troops intensify anti-bandit operations in Katsina, neutralise terrorist
Troops intensify anti-bandit operations in Katsina, neutralise terrorist
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 17 Brigade have intensified ongoing counterterrorism operations in Katsina State, leading to the neutralisation of a suspected terrorist and recovery of weapons during a fighting patrol in Sabuwa Local Government Area.
The operation, conducted under the ongoing military offensive code-named Operation Forest Sanity IV, took place on May 21 along the Dandume–Damari road near Gamji village.

Military sources disclosed that troops deployed at Combat Team 3, Damari village, encountered a suspected terrorist riding on a motorcycle while conducting clearance patrols within the area.
According to the sources, the troops swiftly pursued and engaged the suspect, resulting in his neutralisation after a brief encounter.
Items recovered from the operation included one AK-47 rifle, one AK-47 magazine loaded with ammunition, a motorcycle and an Itel mobile phone believed to belong to the suspect.

The sources added that troops later carried out exploitation operations across the surrounding area to ensure no additional threats remained within the vicinity.
Security officials noted that no casualty was recorded among the troops and no equipment was lost during the operation.
Military authorities said the latest success reflects sustained efforts by security forces to dismantle terrorist and bandit networks operating across parts of Katsina State and neighbouring areas.
They reiterated the commitment of the military to maintaining pressure on criminal elements and ensuring that residents continue their socio-economic activities without fear.

Communities across several local government areas in Katsina State have in recent years witnessed repeated attacks linked to armed banditry, cattle rustling and kidnapping, prompting intensified military offensives and joint security operations across forest corridors in the North-West.
Troops intensify anti-bandit operations in Katsina, neutralise terrorist
Crime
Man Stabbed to Death Following Altercation in Plateau Community
Man Stabbed to Death Following Altercation in Plateau Community
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation Enduring Peace in Plateau State have arrested a suspect in connection with the killing of a man following a violent altercation in Bassa Local Government Area of the state.
Sources disclosed that troops of Sector 1 Operation Safe Haven reacted to a distress report at about 2:00 a.m. on May 23 concerning a fight between two residents identified as Sani Haruna and Bashiru Saidu at Bomo village in Bassa LGA.

Upon arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly found Sani Haruna with severe stab wounds allegedly inflicted by Bashiru Saidu during the altercation.
The victim was immediately evacuated to a medical facility in Miango for treatment but was later confirmed dead by medical personnel.
Following the incident, troops in collaboration with members of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria (VGN) launched a manhunt for the suspect.
Security sources said the suspect was subsequently arrested and taken into custody for further investigation and necessary legal action.
Authorities have assured residents of continued efforts to maintain peace and security across communities in Plateau State while urging citizens to resolve disputes peacefully and avoid violence.
Man Stabbed to Death Following Altercation in Plateau Community
Crime
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), Operation HADIN KAI, have recorded significant operational successes including the rescue of abducted civilians, arrest of suspected terrorist collaborators, recovery of weapons, and continued surrender of insurgents’ family members across the North-East theatre.
Security sources disclosed that the operations were conducted under Operation Desert Sanity V and other ongoing clearance missions aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities in the region.
In one of the major breakthroughs, troops operating along the Ngoshe–Amuda axis in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State rescued four abducted persons comprising two women and two children.
The victims were identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali (19), Halima Idrisa (20), Umar Abdullahi (3), and Mustapha Abdullahi (4), who were abducted during an attack on Ngoshe community on March 3, 2026.
According to the sources, preliminary debrief indicated that the victims were held in a terrorist enclave before being freed following sustained military pressure on insurgent hideouts in the Mandara Mountains.
The rescued persons were later medically evaluated and reunited with their families through community leadership.
The sources added that a total of 65 abducted persons have so far been rescued in ongoing operations, while efforts are continuing to secure the release of others still in captivity.
In a related development, troops apprehended a suspected terrorist collaborator, identified as 50-year-old Mrs. Kellu Alhaji Abba, at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa Local Government Area.
Items recovered from her included clothing materials and other supplies allegedly intended for delivery to a terrorist operative in the Dumba general area, according to preliminary investigation.
Similarly, troops arrested another suspected logistics supplier, Mr. Amadu Abdu (50), along the Dalori axis while transporting a large quantity of packaged items suspected to be intended for terrorist elements.
Investigations revealed that the suspect had been supplying logistics in exchange for access to grazing areas within terrorist-controlled zones. Items recovered included packaged goods, a mobile phone, a cutlass, suspected illicit substances, and cash.
Elsewhere, troops in conjunction with local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market. The suspects were found with stolen livestock and are currently under investigation.
The operation also recorded the surrender of individuals linked to Boko Haram/ISWAP, including Aishatu Sale (20), who surrendered in Bama Local Government Area, and Hauwa Abubakar (70), who escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.
The sources said the surrendered individuals attributed their decision to sustained military pressure and worsening living conditions in terrorist camps.
In another development, troops recovered one AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a suspected terrorist withdrawal route, further degrading insurgent operational capability.
Military authorities said the sustained successes demonstrate continued pressure on terrorist elements and reaffirmed commitment to restoring lasting peace and stability in the North-East region.
The Military High Command commended the troops for their operational performance and urged them to sustain the momentum in the ongoing counter-terrorism campaign.
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Politics12 months ago2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift
