Crime
NSCDC arrests human trafficker Modupe Bello, recover 3 teenagers

NSCDC arrests human trafficker Modupe Bello, recover 3 teenagers
Operatives of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Kwara have recovered three children from an alleged human trafficker, Modupe Ajike Bello, at her residence in House B5, Cappa Street, Bacita, Edu Local Government Area of Kwara State.
Ajike was subsequently arrested for alleged involvement in human trafficking and child labour.
This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Babawale Afolabi, the Spokesperson of the command, and made available to newsmen on Monday in Ilorin.
According to the statement, the three children were recovered from Ajike following a report by one Agbaje Oluwafemi at the NSCDC Bacita Divisional Office, that his 18 years old daughter, Damilola Agbaje, was missing.
“Her whereabouts had been unknown since January 18, and Damilola’s parents suspected Madam Modupe Bello, because she visited the parents a few days earlier, begging them to release Damilola to her,” the spokesman said.
READ ALSO: UMTH: Making The Good News As Centre Of Excellence
Afolabi said that detectives from the intelligence and investigations department swung into action and a raid was carried out at the suspect’s residence in Bacita where the three children were recovered.
He said that some photographs believed to be that of the children she had trafficked, within the age range of 13 to 18 years, were also recovered in her residence.
Afolabi said that during interrogation, the woman admitted to the fact that she used to be involved in human trafficking of children, in which the end-users use them as housemaids and other strenuous labours.
He said that the suspect however denied knowing the whereabouts of Damilola.
“The State Commandant of NSCDC, Makinde Ayinla, has ordered that the matter be transferred to the Anti-human trafficking and illegal migration Unit of the corps, for proper investigations and further action to be taken,” he said.
(NAN)
Crime
Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspects following a clash between farmers and herders in Waduku, Lamurde Local Government Area, which resulted in injuries to a villager and 11 cattle.
Sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on April 2 when some herders allegedly trespassed into a rice farm and caused damage to the crops.
In retaliation, angry youths from the village attacked the herders, injuring their cattle and wounding one person identified as Righteous Boti from Nzumoso Village.
Security personnel visited the scene and held an emergency meeting with local stakeholders to prevent further escalation of violence.
The arrested suspects include Rabo Buba, 31; Ahmadu Adamu, 20; Stephen Pwagwadi, 17; Shadrach Simon, 19; Lot Gad, 20; and Righteous Boti, 27.
The injured individuals received treatment at the Tingno Primary Health Care Clinic and have since been discharged.
Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa
Crime
15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara
By: Zagazola Makama
A deadly clash broke out between members of the nomadic Fulani and Hausa communities at Dan Sokoto Model Primary School in Bungudu Township, Zamfara State, during the celebration of Eid-El-Fitr on April 1, 2025.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation resulted in the death of 17-year-old Abbas Sani, a resident of Kuga Village.
He was found in a pool of blood and was rushed to General Hospital Bungudu, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel. The body was subsequently deposited at the hospital morgue.
In response to the incident, security forces launched an intensive raid in the area, leading to the arrest of 15 suspects.
15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara
Crime
Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Two soldiers from the 312 Battalion Kalapanzi Barracks in Kaduna were attacked by armed assailants on April 2, 2025, at Babar Saura around 4:41 PM.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makaka that three attackers, armed with sophisticated weapons, shot the soldiers, leaving one, Corporal James (surname unknown), dead, and Private Ibrahim Bazalla injured. The assailants stole two AK-47 rifles from the soldiers before fleeing the scene.
The victims were rushed to the 44 Army Reference Hospital, where Corporal James was confirmed dead, while Private Bazalla is receiving medical treatment for his injuries.
Following a coordinated operation by the military, police and vigilante groups, the assailants were tracked to Degel2, Kaduna, where they abandoned a silver Toyota Corolla. As they attempted to escape, the attackers snatched a white Toyota Venza from a civilian, Abdullahi Mohammed, of Badarawa, Kaduna.
Efforts to arrest the suspects and recover the stolen vehicle are ongoing.
Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident