Connect with us

News

Three killed in fatal road accident at gaggaba village in Borno

Published

on

Three killed in fatal road accident at gaggaba village in Borno

By: Zagazola Makama

At least three persons were killed in a fatal motor vehicle accident at Gaggaba Village, Fune Local Government Area of Borno State, early Wednesday morning.

Sources said the accident occurred around 1:20 a.m. when a Daf trailer with registration number DAL 964 YY, driven by Mal. Abubakar, 35, of Maiduguri, traveling from Lagos to Maiduguri, was involved in a collision with a Mitsubishi Canter truck, registration XA 437 NNR, driven by Salisu Ibrahim of Dirra Village, Fune LGA.

The Canter reportedly veered at full speed from its lane and rammed into the Daf trailer, causing the trailer driver and two passengers to fall unconscious. They were immediately rushed to General Hospital Damagum, where the driver and two passengers were pronounced dead by medical personnel.

Three killed in fatal road accident at gaggaba village in Borno

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Niger Police Confirm Abduction of Friday Worshippers in Borgu

Published

on

Niger Police Confirm Abduction of Friday Worshippers in Borgu

By Zagazola Makama

The Niger State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of an unspecified number of Muslim worshippers by suspected bandits in communities within Borgu Local Government Area of the state.

The incident, according to security sources and eyewitnesses, occurred on Friday shortly after the conclusion of the weekly Juma’at prayers at the Central Mosque in Dekara community.

The victims were reportedly abducted from Gidan Zana, Masaka, Sabon Gida and other neighbouring communities in the area.

Among those reportedly taken away by the armed assailants is the 90-year-old father of the District Head of Dekara, according to local sources.

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Niger State Command, SP Wasiu Abiodun, said security agencies had mobilised personnel for a rescue operation.

Abiodun said no death had been recorded in connection with the incident, while efforts were ongoing to locate the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.

He, however, disclosed that difficult terrain and poor road conditions were hampering the movement of security personnel responding to the incident.

According to him, a collapsed bridge linking the affected communities with the Borgu Local Government headquarters had further slowed down the deployment of security forces and the rescue operation.

The police spokesman said security agencies were working to overcome the logistical challenges and intensify the search for the abducted worshippers.

The latest incident has heightened concerns over the security situation in parts of Borgu, where remote communities are increasingly vulnerable to attacks and abductions by armed criminal groups.

Security sources said troops and other security personnel were expected to sustain search operations across the surrounding forests and possible escape routes used by the attackers.

The police urged residents to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could assist in rescuing the victims and tracking down the perpetrators.

Niger Police Confirm Abduction of Friday Worshippers in Borgu

Continue Reading

News

Al-Shabaab Deploys Amniyaat Operatives to Target Humanitarian Workers in Somalia

Published

on

Al-Shabaab Deploys Amniyaat Operatives to Target Humanitarian Workers in Somalia

By Zagazola Makama

Intelligence sources have warned that Al-Shabaab has deployed operatives of its Amniyaat intelligence and security apparatus to parts of Somalia and neighbouring countries as part of a campaign targeting humanitarian workers and aid personnel.

According to intelligence obtained by Zagazola Makama, the terrorist group has directed its operatives to identify and target personnel working with humanitarian organisations as part of efforts to intimidate aid agencies and pressure them into complying with the group’s demands.

Sources said the development is aimed at creating fear and insecurity around humanitarian operations, particularly in areas where Al-Shabaab maintains influence or seeks to expand its control.

The group is reportedly seeking to compel humanitarian organisations to deliver assistance to communities in areas under its control, while attempting to dictate how such aid is distributed.

Intelligence indicates that Al-Shabaab wants to position itself as the de facto gatekeeper of humanitarian access, allowing the group to control the movement of aid, determine beneficiaries and potentially divert portions of humanitarian assistance for its own benefit.

Security sources said the campaign appears to be driven largely by financial considerations, with the terrorist organisation seeking to exploit humanitarian operations as another source of revenue.

By threatening aid workers and creating an atmosphere of uncertainty, the group is believed to be attempting to force humanitarian organisations to negotiate or comply with its demands in exchange for access to vulnerable populations.

The development has drawn attention over the safety of humanitarian personnel operating in Somalia and neighbouring countries, particularly in areas affected by conflict, displacement and food insecurity.

Analysts said the tactic also reflects Al-Shabaab’s broader strategy of combining coercion, taxation and control of civilian activity to sustain its insurgency and reinforce its influence over communities.

The targeting of humanitarian workers could further complicate the delivery of life-saving assistance to vulnerable populations, especially internally displaced persons and communities in areas already facing severe humanitarian challenges.

Security agencies and humanitarian organisations are therefore expected to strengthen protective measures, intelligence-sharing and risk assessment around aid operations to prevent the group from exploiting humanitarian access for financial and operational gains.

Al-Shabaab Deploys Amniyaat Operatives to Target Humanitarian Workers in Somalia

Continue Reading

News

Galadima Commends Military, Security Agencies Over Rescue of 18 Kidnap Victims in Ibi

Published

on

Galadima Commends Military, Security Agencies Over Rescue of 18 Kidnap Victims in Ibi

By Zagazola Makama

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) House of Representatives candidate for Wukari/Ibi Federal Constituency, TPL Mukhtar Usman Galadima, has commended the Nigerian military, other security agencies and the Federal Government for the successful rescue of 18 kidnapped victims in Ibi Local Government Area of Taraba State.

Galadima, reacting to reports of the rescue, described the operation as a significant demonstration of the commitment of the security forces to protecting lives and restoring peace in communities affected by criminal activities. He particularly applauded the troops of Sector 3 deployed in Ibi for responding swiftly to reports of kidnapping activities at Kwatan Bajji in the early hours of August 18, leading to the recovery of the victims.

The PDP candidate said the successful operation should reassure residents of Wukari/Ibi Federal Constituency that security forces remain committed to confronting criminal elements and protecting communities. He urged the rescued victims and their families to remain hopeful while calling on security agencies to sustain and intensify operations in vulnerable communities across the constituency and Taraba State.

Galadima, however, stressed the need for stronger inter-agency cooperation and improved intelligence-sharing among the military, police and other security and intelligence agencies. He said security operations would become more effective when relevant agencies work closely together to identify threats, track criminal networks and disrupt their activities before they are able to carry out attacks.

He also called for stronger legislation and institutional support to enhance the operational and intelligence-gathering capabilities of the Armed Forces and other security agencies. According to him, the objective should not only be to respond to kidnapping and other violent crimes after they occur, but to develop the capacity to anticipate and prevent such incidents long before they happen.

The Wukari/Ibi candidate said improved legislation, better intelligence infrastructure, modern surveillance capabilities and sustained support for security personnel would strengthen the ability of the nation’s security architecture to respond to emerging threats. He noted that protecting rural communities requires a proactive security strategy capable of detecting criminal movements and networks before they pose a danger to residents.

Galadima equally appealed to residents of Wukari/Ibi Federal Constituency to see themselves as partners in the fight against insecurity. He urged community leaders, traditional institutions, youths and residents to maintain close cooperation with security agencies and provide timely and credible information whenever they notice suspicious movements or activities.

He cautioned residents against withholding useful information out of fear or reluctance, stressing that early reporting can make the difference between preventing a crime and responding to its consequences. He also urged security agencies to protect the confidentiality of credible informants and strengthen community-based intelligence networks.

While commending the Federal Government for supporting ongoing security operations, Galadima said sustained investment in the welfare, equipment, intelligence and operational capacity of security personnel remains essential to achieving lasting peace.

He expressed optimism that with stronger collaboration between security agencies and local communities, improved legislation and greater government support, kidnapping and other forms of criminality can be significantly reduced across Wukari, Ibi and other vulnerable parts of Taraba State.

The candidate congratulated the 18 rescued victims and their families, and urged security forces not to relent until all criminal elements operating in the area are identified and brought to justice.

Galadima Commends Military, Security Agencies Over Rescue of 18 Kidnap Victims in Ibi

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights