Connect with us

Crime

U.S Court postpones Hushpuppi’s $24 million fraud sentence to July 11

Published

on

U.S Court postpones Hushpuppi’s $24 million fraud sentence to July 11

U.S Court postpones Hushpuppi’s $24 million fraud sentence to July 11

The United States District Court for the Central District of California has postponed the sentencing of Ramon Abbas popularly AKA Hushpuppi till July 11, 2022.

The postponement order was granted by Judge Otis. D. Wright in Los Angeles following a request issued by Hushpuppi’s lawyers, led by Louis Shapiro.

“At the request of counsel, the sentencing is continued to July 11, 2022, at 11:00 am,” the court document said after the decision was taken on February 2, 2021.

READ ALSO: Silverbird Chairman, Ben Bruce Loses Mother

The social media influencer was previously scheduled to be sentenced on February 14, after almost two years in detention in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates and Los Angeles in the United States for allegedly laundering $24 million.

Abbas pleaded guilty on April 20, 2021, and, according to the newsroom, the U.S. Department of Justice confirmed the date in an email on Tuesday, January 25, 2022.

Hushpuppi, 37, is known for posting photos of his lavish lifestyle on Instagram where he has 2.6 million followers.

Court documents filed in California said Hushpuppi’s crimes cost victims almost $24 million in total.

In one scheme, Hushpuppi attempted to steal more than $1.1 million from someone who wanted to fund a new children’s school in Qatar, the documents said.

The documents state that between January 18, 2019, and June 9, 2020, Hushpuppi and others targeted multiple victims and laundered illicit funds in banks all over the world.

Hushpuppi was arrested in Dubai, where he lived, in June 2020.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Gunmen kill one, abduct two women in Kano

Published

on

Gunmen kill one, abduct two women in Kano

By: Zagazola Makama

Armed men have killed one person and abducted two women in Kwanar Dangora community, Kiru Local Government Area of Kano State.

Zagazola Makama report that the attack occurred at about 12:30 a.m. on Friday when the hoodlums, in large numbers and armed with dangerous weapons, invaded the residence of one Alhaji Ibrahim at Kwanar Dangora.

According to sources, the assailants abducted the two wives of the victim, identified as Safara’u Ibrahim and Attine Ibrahim.

“In the process, one Abdul Usman, 27, of the same address, was shot dead by the attackers.

“Scene of the incident was visited, the corpse was released to his relatives for burial.

“Investigation has commenced and efforts are being intensified to rescue the victims unhurt, trace and arrest the culprits,”said sources.

Gunmen kill one, abduct two women in Kano

Continue Reading

Crime

Police investigate alleged rape of UNILAG student by lecturer

Published

on

Police investigate alleged rape of UNILAG student by lecturer

By: Zagazola Makama

The police in Lagos have commenced investigation into the alleged rape of a 20-year-old female student of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, by a lecturer in the institution.

Sources said the survivor, identified as Owonifari Fiyinfoluwa, a 300-level student of the university, reported the matter to the police on Aug. 28.

“She alleged that on Aug. 22, at about 12 noon, her lecturer, Dr. Samuel Ojogbo, invited her into his office at the university and forcefully had carnal knowledge of her.

“A team of detectives visited the scene and the survivor was taken to a nearby hospital for medical treatment,” said the sources

The sources added that investigation into the case was ongoing.

Police investigate alleged rape of UNILAG student by lecturer

Continue Reading

Crime

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

Published

on

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

By: Zagazola Makama

The Police Command in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has arrested a 40-year-old man who allegedly posed as a soldier to deceive and extort unsuspecting members of the public in Abuja.

Sources said that the suspect, identified as Abdullahi Salisu of Military Pension Board area, was arrested on Monday evening by a police ambush team from Kubwa Division while on routine patrol at FO1, Kubwa.

“On a spot search, one locally made pistol with a cartridge was recovered in his possession.

“A further search conducted at his residence led to the recovery of another locally made gun, as well as clothing and tokens suspected to belong to a civilian JTF unit, which the suspect allegedly used in carrying out criminal activities,” said the sources.

The sources said suspect is currently in custody undergoing interrogation to ascertain his true identity and involvement in other crimes.

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights