News
“We are behind you,” Zulum addresses armed forces in Damboa
“We are behind you,” Zulum addresses armed forces in Damboa
By: Our Reporter
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, on Saturday, addressed troops of 25 Task Force Brigade of Nigerian Army, declaring the state’s and its people’s support for their relentless fight against Boko Haram/ISWAP insurgents.
The governor, speaking at a front-line military base in Damboa, sympathised deeply with the officers and soldiers, acknowledging the immense personal sacrifice and hard work they put in daily. He commended what he described as their “giant effort and supreme sacrifice” in the ongoing battle to secure Borno State and protect civilians from the threats of Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP).
Zulum stated, “On behalf of the government and good people of Borno State. We are here in Damboa purposely to commiserate with you over the recent setback which claimed the lives of some of your colleagues.
It is an unfortunate event, and I want to extend my condolences to you and the families of all the officers and men of this brigade who lost their lives while discharging their duties. We pray to Almighty Allah to heal those injured in action as soon as possible.
For those of you who are still alive and healthy, we pray that God will protect you, give you the vision and strength to carry out your duties effectively. You have been doing very well. We have acknowledged your support and would like to commend you.
I want to once again sympathise with you on behalf of the government and good people of Borno State, and to assure you that we will do everything possible within the resources available to us to support your mission and vision to end the crisis.”
The governor was received by the Brigade Commander of 25 Task Force Brigade, Brigadier General Igwe Patrick Omokeh.
The visit was part of Zulum’s tour of communities in southern Borno. Earlier in the day, the governor met with grieving families in Chibok, where he commiserated with them over the loss of lives and property, offering condolences and immediate relief to those that
lost properties.
During the Chibok meeting, the governor announced concrete measures to protect lives and property. He noted that the state government, in collaboration with the federal government and security agencies, is implementing enhanced measures to protect vulnerable communities against future attacks.
“We are here to offer our condolences over what happened these past days in Chibok general area, especially to those who lost their lives. The situation is painful. We are here to show our sorrow over what happened.
Death comes at its appointed time. We offer you our condolences and assure you that, God willing, the issue of insecurity in Chibok will be resolved. We will provide a permanent solution and put an end to it.
We will take action. Please be patient. Our thoughts are with you, and one thing that made me happy is how you have remained calm and stayed in your communities despite everything,” Zulum said. The governor announced financial assistance of N1 million to the bereaved families and N500,000 to those whose properties were destroyed during the recent unfortunate attacks.
“We are behind you,” Zulum addresses armed forces in Damboa
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
News
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
By: Zagazola Makama
A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.
Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.
The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.
Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.
The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.
Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.
The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.
Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
