Uncategorized
Yobe State Delegation Visits World’s Largest Fertilizer Plant in Morocco
Yobe State Delegation Visits World’s Largest Fertilizer Plant in Morocco
By: Michael Mike
Yobe state government has advance a team to Morocco on a visit to the World’s largest fertilizer company, OCP/Jorf Lasfar fertilizer complex to help in formulating strategies for the resuscitate of the Yobe state fertilizer blending plant.
The team led by the Secretary to the State Government, Baba Malam Wali, had the commissioners of Agriculture Hon. Mustapha Goniri, Higher Education Prof. Bello Kawuwa, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Hon. Ibrahim Adamu Jajere, and the Chairman of Damaturu Local government council Hon. Bukar Adamu.
The Facility Information Officer of the complex, Amine Jamaleddine, who conducted the delegation around the facility on Thursday, said “the OCP/Jorf Lasfar fertilizer complex is the biggest fertilizer company in the world with an all year round production caoacity.”
She explained that “lt has a production capacity of 15 million tones of fertilizer annually.
“The complex has about 20,000 staff with the company producing fertilizer supplying all parts of the World.”
She expressed the readiness of the company to partner with the Yobe state government to resuscitate the state-owned fertilizer factory.
The state team leader, Baba Malam Wali, expressed satisfaction with the commitment of OCP/Jorf Lasfar fertilizer factory and the consultants, to partner the state government to resuscitate the Yobe fertilizer company.
He said: “The Governor Buni administration has strong commitment to revive the factory to meet the fertilizer needs of farmers in the state, generate employment and export to improve revenue of the state.
Similarly, the state Commissioner for Agriculture, Hon. Mustapha Goniri, said the revival of the fertilizer factory would boost the on-going agricultural revolution in the state by the Buni administration.
“Last year the state government launched a massive agricultural empowerment programme with 100 tractors, solar pumps, irrigation facilities, other farm Implements, fertilizer, improved seeds, herbicides and pesticides among others, and distributed to farmers free of charge.
“Again, last month, additional 40 tractors were procured by the state government to boost crop production to enhance food security and for exports to improve the revenue of the state” Goniri said.
African Network center, the consulting firm, expressed optimism that the partnership would be beneficial to the two parties.
“The government and people of Yobe state would benefit immensely from this partnership which would ensure food sufficiency and security.
“l have seen the great commitment by His Excellency Governor Mai Mala Buni CON, to improve agriculture in Yobe state, and we are putting everything in the right place to make this partnership succeed, and for Yobe state government to succeed” he said.
According to a statement by the spokesman of the governor, Mamman Mohammed, Buni is expected to arrive Morocco for partnership in other areas including Education and direct investments in local government areas.
Yobe State Delegation Visits World’s Largest Fertilizer Plant in Morocco
Uncategorized
Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama
Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama
By: Zagazola Makama
A female family member linked to suspected ISWAP terrorists has surrendered to troops operating in Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.
Sources disclosed that the woman surrendered at about 10:08 a.m. on May 19 to troops of the 81 Division Task Force Battalion operating within Sector 1 Area of Responsibility.
The female surrenderer reportedly came out from Gargash village in Bama LGA and voluntarily presented herself to the troops.
Military sources said she was subsequently profiled and documented in line with existing procedures for further necessary action.
The surrender is the latest in a series of defections involving insurgents and their family members in the North-East, following sustained military offensives and clearance operations targeting terrorist enclaves across the region.
Security sources said ongoing counterterrorism operations had continued to exert pressure on insurgent groups operating within the Lake Chad Basin and Sambisa forest areas, leading to increasing cases of surrender by fighters and their relatives.
The military has maintained that surrendered individuals are subjected to profiling, intelligence gathering and other procedures in accordance with extant operational guidelines.
Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama
Uncategorized
Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid
Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 176 Guards Battalion have arrested 10 suspected illegal miners during a raid on an illegal mining site in Gwagwalada Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Security sources said the operation was conducted at about 3:07 p.m. on May 20 as part of ongoing Operation MESA efforts aimed at curbing illegal mining and related criminal activities within the FCT and adjoining areas.
The troops reportedly stormed the illegal mining site following intelligence reports on the activities of suspected illegal miners operating in the area.
During the raid, the troops apprehended 10 suspects believed to be involved in illegal mining activities.
Items recovered from the site included one motorcycle, 15 mining mats, four head pans and several other mining implements used by the suspects.
The suspects are currently undergoing profiling and preliminary investigation for further necessary action.
Security sources said the operation formed part of intensified efforts by security agencies to clamp down on illegal mining activities, which authorities say contribute to environmental degradation, economic sabotage and insecurity in parts of the country.
The sources added that surveillance and enforcement operations would continue across identified illegal mining locations within the FCT and neighbouring states.
Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid
Uncategorized
Troops Rescue Two Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms in Kwara Patrol
Troops Rescue Two Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms in Kwara Patrol
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 22 Brigade have rescued two kidnapped victims during a fighting patrol operation targeting suspected terrorist camps in Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.
Security sources said the operation was conducted at about 9:00 a.m. on May 19 by troops deployed at Oke-Ode and Oreke communities.
The troops reportedly carried out coordinated patrols to suspected terrorist hideouts located around Famonle and Oloponda villages.
During the operation, the troops successfully rescued two kidnapped victims who were found within the general area.
Items recovered from the suspected camps included three Dane guns, three camouflage face caps, and one leg chain.
Security sources said the victims were immediately debriefed and handed over to appropriate authorities for medical attention and further management.
The operation, according to the sources, forms part of ongoing efforts to dismantle criminal hideouts and disrupt kidnapping networks operating within Kwara State.
Authorities added that patrols and clearance operations have been intensified across vulnerable communities in the state.
Troops Rescue Two Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms in Kwara Patrol
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
