Military
AFN to partner NPHCDA on improve healthcare
By, James Bwala
The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Lucky Irabor, has expressed the readiness of the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) in sustaining the collaborative healthcare arrangement with the National Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).
A Statement from Air Commodore Wap Maigida, Acting Director Defence Information on Friday said, this is in order to further improve healthcare services for members of the AFN and the nation in general.
“The CDS, made the disclosure during the visit of the management Staff of the agency, said the AFN would continue the partnership given its commitment to ensuring good healthcare system for personnel and their families.
“He commended NPHCDA for championing the eradication of polio virus and other childhood diseases in the country.” The statement added.
READ ALSO: Kano Orders Immediate Closure Of School Over Abducted Girl Buried By Principal
Also speaking, the NPHCDA Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer, Dr Faisal Shuaib, said he was at the Defence Headquarters to solicit the support of the military towards ensuring that children in the various areas affected by insecurity are vaccinated against any form of disease, especially the circulating Mutating Polio Virus.
“The Executive Director indicated that the NPHCDA and its partners are working to reach security compromised locations in the country so as to halt the scourge. ” The statement said
Adding that, he applauded the CDS for his pragmatic leadership and commended the resilience and gallantry of the members of the AFN, particularly troops in the theatres of operation.
Military
Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno
Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno
By Zagazola Makama
The Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) has neutralised nine suspected terrorists and destroyed three carts believed to be carrying weapons and logistics during a precision air strike at Dumba in Borno State.
The operation was conducted on Saturday, Aug. 8, following credible intelligence on terrorist activities around the Dumba area.
According to a military situation report obtained by Zagazola Makama, the operation was executed during an armed reconnaissance and air interdiction mission.
The sources said the aircraft, established overhead Dumba at about 2:58 p.m. after intelligence indicated the presence of suspected terrorists in the area.
On reaching the target location, the aircraft reportedly detected a group of three suspected terrorists walking along a road and another group of six terrorists pushing three carts suspected to be laden with weapons and other logistics.
Rather than engaging immediately, the aircraft maintained surveillance and tracked the terrorists until both groups converged and came to a halt at a location inside the bush.
The nine terrorists were subsequently engaged in a precision strike, resulting in the neutralisation of all nine.
The air platform thereafter returned to the area where the terrorists had been observed and conducted a second strike on the three carts earlier sighted carrying suspected weapons and logistics.
Battle damage assessment indicated that all three carts were destroyed and engulfed in flames, further degrading the terrorists’ logistics capability in the area.
The latest operation illustrates the growing importance of intelligence-led air reconnaissance in identifying and tracking mobile terrorist elements before they can establish temporary hideouts or move weapons and supplies across the theatre.
The successful strike also comes amid sustained air and ground operations by OPHK aimed at disrupting terrorist movements, logistics networks and freedom of action across the North-East.
Military sources said the overall situation in the area remained calm but unpredictable, while troops maintained satisfactory morale and fighting efficiency
Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno
Military
Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno
Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno
By: Our Reporter
Following the clearance mission, the patrol occupied a tactical ambush position along a suspected terrorist route to monitor movement and deter any attempt by insurgents to infiltrate the area.
Military sources described the patrol as hitch-free, adding that troops maintained a high level of vigilance throughout the operation.
The clearance mission forms part of the ongoing Operation Desert Sanity V, which is aimed at sustaining pressure on Boko Haram and ISWAP elements, preventing their return to previously cleared locations, and creating a secure environment for civilian populations to carry out their livelihoods.
Sources added that the general security situation in the area remained calm but fluid, while the morale and fighting efficiency of the troops were reported to be satisfactory.
Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno
Military
Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara
Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara
By Zagazola Makama
Residents of Gummi town in Zamfara State on Thursday poured into the streets to celebrate troops of the Joint Task Force North West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, following a major operational success against terrorists in the area.
Eyewitnesses said the jubilant crowd gathered as soldiers arrived in town with logistics recovered from terrorists after a successful counter-ambush operation that reportedly left more than 100 terrorists neutralised.
The recovered items, including eight motorcycles used by the armed groups for movement during attacks on communities, were transported on an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) to the Headquarters of Operation FANSAN YAMMA in Gummi.
Residents were seen cheering, waving at the troops and applauding their efforts as the convoy entered the military base, with many expressing appreciation for the soldiers’ courage and sacrifices in the ongoing fight against banditry in the North West.
Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the successful operation dealt a significant blow to the criminal networks operating in the area, disrupting their mobility and logistical capabilities.
The spontaneous celebration by residents is seen as a reflection of growing public confidence in the military’s sustained offensive against terrorists and bandits across Zamfara and neighbouring states.
Military authorities reaffirmed that Operation FANSAN YAMMA remains committed to sustaining offensive operations aimed at dismantling terrorist enclaves, denying criminal elements freedom of movement, and restoring lasting peace across the North West.
The Joint Task Force also acknowledged the continued support and actionable intelligence provided by residents, describing community cooperation as critical to the success of ongoing operations.
Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions5 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions5 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Politics1 year ago2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift
