News
Host communities protest against Dangote company, demand compensation

Host communities protest against Dangote company, demand compensation
The youths in host communities of Dangote cement, Obajana, have staged a peaceful protest accusing the company of negligence and exploitation without compensation.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the angry youths from Zariagi, Kabba junction and Obajana communities, held a peaceful protest on Tuesday at Kabba junction along Lokoja- Obajana road.
Speaking to newsmen during the protest, Abubakar Ahmed, the Youth Chairman, said Dangote had been exploiting their resources to the detriment of the host communities without given anything back in return.
”Our people are suffering, we are dying of pollution, no good healthcare and water facilities, no job, no youth and women empowerment programmes.
”Dangote trucks are killing our people and destroying our roads, we can no longer endure it; enough is enough of Dangote exploitation in Kogi.
He expressed their full support for Governor, Alh. Yahaya Bello and Kogi House of Assembly for their current action against Dangote, saying, ”Kogi youths are tired of Dangote Group exploitation in the state”.
He stated that a bag of Dangote cement was being sold at N4200 in Kogi, while it was sold at N3200 in Kano, saying, ”we can no longer take it”.
On her part, the Women leader, Salamat Yusuf, said their people were suffering without any support or benefits from Dangote company.
”We are in support of our Governor because he knows what we need. We appreciate him for fighting for us and the entire people of Kogi State,” Yusuf said.
Also speaking, a student leader, Bello Abdulrazak, said their grievance was that since he period that Obajana cement changed to Dangote cement, their people had been suffering.
”Dangote trailers have destroyed our roads without repairs, they have been killing our students without any compensation, no scholarship for students.
”We are appealing to the state Government to fight for our interest so that we can get what rightfully belong to us as host communities and as a State,” Abdulrazak said.
NAN reports that the protesters carried placards with various inscriptions such as: ”Say no to Dangote Group exploitation”, ”Return our Cement Factory”, ”Our Roads are destroyed by Dangote truck”.
Others include: ”We stand with GYB”, ”Dangote must go”, ”Our cement Na N4200 in Kogi, and N3200 for Kano”, ”No More Slavery in Kogi, ”Kogi Youths are tired of Dangote”, ”No more slavery in Kogi”, among others.
Host communities protest against Dangote company, demand compensation
News
Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri

Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri
By: Zagazola Makama
An 18-year-old youth, identified as Bakura Muhammed, was fatally stabbed on April 4, 2025, during a violent clash between rival youth groups in Maiduguri.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation occurred at about 4:30 PM in the Ajari and Tashan Lara areas, where youths from both sides engaged in a free-for-all fight.
The victim was fatally stabbed on the stomach. He was immediately transported to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, by the security personnel from Maiduguri Borno police command, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel.
A police sources said that seven individuals, aged between 15 and 24, have been arrested in connection with the incident. They include Ba’abba Kyari (20), Ali Alhaji GoniAli (20), Muhammed Audu (18), Ali Isa (15), Adam Sabir (15), Mohammed Tujja (17), and Usman Kasim (24).
Authorities are still searching for other members of the gang who fled the scene.
The victim’s body has been deposited at the hospital morgue for autopsy and was later released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.
Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri
News
Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno

Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno
By: Zagazola Makama
An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosion occurred in Meleri Village, Damboa Local Government Area, on April 4, 2025, leaving one person injured.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that one Alhaji Sanda, a resident of Hansari IDP Camp, and Bulama Zarayye, aged 40, were collecting baobab tree seeds when Zarayye accidentally stepped on an IED.
The device, believed to have been planted by ISWAP, exploded, causing injuries to Zarayye’s buttock, right hand, and lap.
A combined security team, including the Military and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (EOD-CBRN) unit, was promptly dispatched to the scene.
The area was cordoned off, and a search for additional explosive devices was conducted, but no further devices were found.
Zarayye was taken to the General Hospital in Damboa, where he is currently receiving treatment and is reported to be in stable condition.
Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno
News
Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna

Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic incident has been reported in Tudun Nupawa, Kaduna, following the death of 21-year-old Abba Bello.
It was gathered that on April 2, 2025, Bello was arrested by a security guard at Old Panteka on suspicion of theft.
Abdullahi Usman, a suspected commander of the group, allegedly supervised the torture of Bello, leaving him unconscious.
Bello was initially taken to Yusuf Dantsoho Memorial Hospital for treatment but was later transferred to Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital. Despite receiving medical care, he succumbed to his injuries on April 4, 2025, around 5:00 AM.
The deceased’s family has declined a post-mortem examination, and his body was released for burial as per their request.
Efforts to apprehend the suspects are ongoing.
Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident