Connect with us

Military

Major Shake-Up in NCoS, 5 Directorate Heads, 147 Senior and 23 Junior officers Redeployed

Published

on

Major Shake-Up in NCoS, 5 Directorate Heads, 147 Senior and 23 Junior officers Redeployed

By: Michael Mike

The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) in a bid at repositioning has undertaken major shake-up that has left five directorate heads, 147 senior and 23 junior officers redeployed.

A statement by the spokesman of NCoS, Francis Enobore on Sunday said the
Controller General of Corrections, Haliru Nababa has reshuffled the Directorate heads in the Nigerian Correctional Service and redeployed 170 other officers to inject new ideas and promote effective coordination of activities for enhanced service delivery.

He disclosed that the development saw DCG MA Tukur taking over the Directorate of Non-Custodial Measures (NCM) while DCG SN Nwakuche, who hitherto superintended over NCM Directorate takes over the Operations Directorate. DCG (covering duties) ME Melchizedek now oversees the Directorate of Health and Welfare as DCG TO Oladipupo retires from service.

READ ALSO: FG Strengthens Response To Lassa Fever

Also, DCG (covering duties) EA Oputa has moved from the Directorate of Training and Staff Development (STD) to head the Directorate of Inmates’ Training and Productivity (ITP) while ACG LA Showumi who was the Zone A Coordinator now takes over the Directorate of TSD as DCG (covering duties). ACG Uche Nwobi is moved to Lagos to take over as Zone A Coordinator.

The exercise also affected 21 Controllers of Corrections and 13 Deputy Controllers of Corrections. While some are deployed to take over state commands and Custodial Centres, others are assigned new responsibilities both at the National Headquarters and at state levels.

Enobore said the Controller General charged all officers and men concerned to report at their new posts and hit the ground running, giving no space for indolence that could further compromise the sacredness of Custodial Centres.

The CG noted that “this measure is not only germane as a response strategy to the security challenges confronting the NCoS but imperative in evolving new ideas that will set the Service on a higher pedestal.

He therefore, challenged officers to be ingenious in the discharge of their responsibilities.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Military

Troops Foil Mob Action Against Customs Officer in Katsina after reckless shooting of local

Published

on

Troops Foil Mob Action Against Customs Officer in Katsina after reckless shooting of local

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 17 Brigade deployed at the Forward Operating Base in Mashi Local Government Area of Katsina State have foiled an attempted mob action against a personnel of the Nigeria Customs Service following a violent altercation at a border community.

Security sources said the incident occurred on May 21 at Birnin Kuka Community in Mashi Local Government Area after troops received a distress call from residents reporting that an officer of the Nigeria Customs Service, identified as Inspector Lawal NM, was under attack by angry youths.

According to the sources, the mob accused the Customs officer of shooting a local resident identified as Sadiku Kata during an altercation between the two individuals.

Troops, in collaboration with police personnel, immediately mobilised to the scene to prevent a breakdown of law and order.

On sighting the approaching security team, the irate youths reportedly abandoned the Customs officer and fled the area.

However, before the arrival of the combined security team, the mob had already set ablaze a Peugeot 406 vehicle belonging to the Customs personnel.

The officer was subsequently rescued and evacuated from the scene by security operatives.

Security officials noted that the swift intervention by troops and police personnel prevented the situation from escalating further and possibly saved the officer from being lynched by the mob.

Following the incident, security forces conducted patrols within the community and surrounding areas to restore calm and prevent further violence.

Troops Foil Mob Action Against Customs Officer in Katsina after reckless shooting of local

Continue Reading

Military

Power Minister-Designate Clarifies Promise on Fixing Nigeria’s Grid in Three Months

Published

on

Power Minister-Designate Clarifies Promise on Fixing Nigeria’s Grid in Three Months

By: Michael Mike

The camp of Nigeria’s Minister-designate for Power, Olasunkanmi Tegbe, has dismissed media reports claiming he promised to fix the country’s troubled national power grid within three months, describing the reports as inaccurate and misleading.

In a statement issued on Thursday by his spokesperson, Adeola Adelabu, the minister-designate clarified that no such commitment was made during his Senate screening on May 6, 2026.

According to the statement, Tegbe had clearly explained that timelines for major reforms in the power sector were still being developed and would depend on technical diagnostics as well as consultations with key stakeholders.

The clarification followed widespread reports suggesting that the minister-designate pledged to completely resolve Nigeria’s persistent electricity grid problems within a three-month period.

The statement stressed that while Tegbe assured lawmakers that initial efforts aimed at stabilising the national grid would begin within his first 100 days in office, he also acknowledged that deeper structural reforms in the sector could take significantly longer.

It quoted the minister-designate as saying that reforms relating to sector credibility, gas supply, metering and operational efficiency may require about one year to achieve meaningful progress.

“My promise to this chamber and to Nigeria is that Nigerians will see visible improvement in the sector,” Tegbe reportedly told senators during the screening.

He further pledged to stabilise the national grid, modernise electricity infrastructure, strengthen commercial frameworks within the sector and enforce accountability across the entire power value chain.

On electricity tariff reforms, Tegbe reportedly assured that vulnerable households would be protected while government works to balance affordability, sector sustainability, investor confidence and operational efficiency.

The statement also emphasised that the minister-designate remains open to constructive engagement with the media and encouraged journalists to seek clarification where necessary in order to avoid misinformation.

According to the spokesperson, Tegbe views the media as critical partners in nation building and in helping Nigerians understand the scope and direction of the proposed reforms in the power sector.

Nigeria’s electricity sector has continued to face major challenges, including repeated national grid collapses, inadequate generation capacity, weak transmission infrastructure, gas supply constraints, poor metering and mounting debts across the value chain.

The minister-designate’s clarification comes amid heightened public expectations over the ability of the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to address the country’s longstanding electricity crisis and improve power supply to homes and businesses.

Power Minister-Designate Clarifies Promise on Fixing Nigeria’s Grid in Three Months

Continue Reading

Military

Troops Intensify Farming Support Patrols to Boost Socio-Economic Recovery in Borno Communities

Published

on

Troops Intensify Farming Support Patrols to Boost Socio-Economic Recovery in Borno Communities

By: Zagazola Makama

Nigerian Army troops in the North-East of Bama have intensified farming support patrols aimed at strengthening socio-economic recovery in liberated communities, with security escorts now routinely provided to farmers and rural traders across vulnerable routes in Borno State.

Brig. Gen. Tosin Ayoola, the Commander of the 21 Special Armour Brigade, Bama disclosed this during an engagement with journalists in Bama, noting that the initiative forms part of broader non-kinetic operations designed to restore livelihoods and encourage sustainable return of displaced populations to farming activities.

He said troops under Operation Hadin Kai p continued to provide protection for farmers, herders, and rural workers engaged in seasonal agricultural activities, especially during peak farming periods when movement into distant farmlands increases.

“We provide escorts for farmers, for those going to fetch firewood, and for people engaged in agricultural activities,” he said, adding that the patrols are designed to reduce exposure to security threats while enabling uninterrupted economic activity.

According to him, the farming support operations are conducted in collaboration with volunteer forces, community-based security groups, and other supporting agencies operating within the theatre.

He explained that the joint arrangement has improved coverage of rural farming routes and strengthened early response to security incidents affecting agricultural communities.

The officer further noted that coordination with the police and the Department of State Services (DSS) has enhanced intelligence sharing, allowing security agencies to better anticipate risks along farmlands, feeder roads, and rural markets.

He said the presence of security escorts has encouraged more displaced persons to return to farming, particularly in areas previously affected by insurgency, where agricultural activity is gradually resuming.

“In many communities, farming activities are picking up again, and we are ensuring that farmers can access their fields safely,” he said.

He added that troops have also supported local economic recovery by securing rural road corridors used for transporting farm produce to markets within and outside Bama axis.

The officer stressed that stabilisation efforts are not limited to kinetic operations, noting that non-kinetic measures such as farming patrols, medical outreach, and community engagement remain central to restoring normal life in affected areas.

He said military-medical teams continue to support rural communities with basic healthcare services, particularly for elderly residents and vulnerable groups with limited access to medical facilities.

The commander Commanded the General Officer Commanding 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, Brig Gen. Ukechukuw Unachukwu, Theartre Commander North East Joint Task Force Operation HADIN KAI, Maj Gen Abdulsalam Abubakar and the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen. Waidi Shaibu for their unwavering support for the brigade which had translated into resounding successes.

He reaffirmed the commitment of the Brigade to sustaining such initiatives, describing them as essential to consolidating peace gains and rebuilding confidence among returning communities.

He urged residents to continue cooperating with security agencies by sharing timely information that would support ongoing patrols and safeguard agricultural activities across the theatre.

Troops Intensify Farming Support Patrols to Boost Socio-Economic Recovery in Borno Communities

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights